3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Exhaust teaser

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust teaser

Well, i took one step forward and maybe two steps back today and could use an idea or two.

I purchased an aftermarket muffler elimination kit for my 04.5 and i am not so pleased with the sound. I do not want to put amuffler back on it just want to tame it down a hair more and was thinking of ordering the 4" in, 4" out aeroturbine and running that somewhere in front of the rplacement pipe. I screwed up welding that in first but kinda had no choice.

Why can i purchase the necessary adapters to have the aeroturbine welded into my 4" exhaust. Both muffler and pipe are same size. 4" ..... right?

Thanks

I wish i have someway of really measuring that pipe, should have done it when it was off today. All i have is a tape. Would be nice to have a 5" micrometer(sp) right about now. Maybe one of you guys knows eh?!

Diese
Old 09-05-2004, 11:03 AM

your factory pipes are 4"od

if you want to measure the pipe size and you don't have a large caliper or micrometer, use a piece of paper, and wrap it around the pipe and mark the seam. lay it flat and measure it. that will give you the circomference[sp?]. then use math to figure out the pipe size.

your paper should read about [just above] 12.5", then divide it by Pi [3.14]
Old 09-07-2004, 04:30 PM

I ordered an aero turbine, gonna give it a shot. 4" in, 4" out, overall length is 20".

Looks like i can either put it where the factory muffler is located, or just after the stock resonator. Which will be the best place for installation?

All help is apprecitated

thanks

Diese
Old 09-07-2004, 06:51 PM

nobody?

Guess ill stick it behind the resonator then....

Just curious if leaving the aero turbine so far away from the tailpipe will do for performance.