3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

<edit> (Company Policy) at Toyo putting me in a pickle..

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys thanks for all the input and advice. I couldn't wait any longer the tires were cupped so badly and shaking, I did end up today getting the nitto mud grapplers put on.
A few observations - holy crap the truck rides like a caddy now, the shake is gone! That's a good thing - all the way up to 90mph, smooth as glass. They are one mean looking, aggressive treaded tire. I am tempted to take the truck wheeling tomorrow and see how they work but I keep telling myself that's why I own atv's which are cheaper to fix and the truck is my way home That said, I may try em out tomorrow As other reports have said, they do hum quite a bit on the highway. It's pretty clear when you see them that they are designed for offroad use lol. My complaints are gone though, they ride really smoothly, much softer than the toyos. I can't wait to see how they rip through the snow when I get back up to OH in a few weeks. I have a feeling they may get loud if I don't rotate them regularly, and may wear quickly because they do feel soft, but oh well. Hopefully by that time toyo will have their head out of their rears, and I will have 4.

As you mention CQ (I would never say mine is better than any other setup by the way), this actually is the first time I've really been able to fully appreciate the suspension, I'm really loving it. I agree with you on the bfg's - I have had several sets on various vehicles and always have gotten good life out of them.

Rockjeep - thanks for the gracious thought.

As to what I'm going to do with toyo, I'm going to just wait at this point for the new 2 replacement tires since I have 4 new tires on the truck now.

Whenever the replacement tires come though, I'm not sure if I'm going to pair them with the two good toyos I have that have 25k miles on them, or just buy 2 new ones. I wonder if I can sell the two used ones or have any of you had experience using one pair of new tires with one pair of used tires? I have always replaced sets of 4 on my vehicles/worn them evenly..just curious.

It's been a blast to say the least

I'll try to post a pic, they do look sweet!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightman, I had a coworker who would rotate his tires every 3000 miles...if one of the tires got damaged he'd replace them all and throw the old tires on one of his trailers. He did this after one of his other trucks trashed a transfer case to what he said was driving fast in winter in 4wd with different wear tires in the front thant the rear. I rotate pretty quickly. You could send the new Toyos to John R to "shave" them down for you ...25 k that would take about 5 burnouts ks
Old 12-23-2005, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightman...the suspension comment was in jest. I do however want to build a custom version if they will let me to see what the hype is about. I have 71k on the OEM springs and about 45k on my current bilsteens. I am thinking about swapping the 4 1/2" spacer for a 2" spacer, using the Kore Springs, Fox Shocks, and using the rest of my TUFF compents. That would give me a correct alighment with a 4 1/2 - 5" Kore style suspension. Hope they let me try. I will do that this spring or summer. Truck still drives better than new....seems better everyday.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you guys should hear these mud grapplers hum..they are downright rude