3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ebay twins,i bought em,kinda long

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 01:40 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hey! most of my stuff comes from harbor freight... like my ex-wife...
Old 08-19-2008, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well would you think this kit is worth a darn even if the turbos are not a big name company like II or HTT or Garret? Also does any of the big name companies offer a warranty with thier twins kits and if so what is it? Does mpi offer a warranty?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by mm73
Well would you think this kit is worth a darn even if the turbos are not a big name company like II or HTT or Garret? Also does any of the big name companies offer a warranty with thier twins kits and if so what is it? Does mpi offer a warranty?
well said,i knew eventually the nay sayers would chime in.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:03 PM

Quick question for you is the arson kit keeping up w/ the injectors, Rail pressure wise?
Old 08-19-2008, 02:08 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry if you mistook my last post as "nay-saying"... not doing that at all.

I had hx35 hybrid over bht3b for quite awhile basically the same thing... they run just fine. A 3b will not support 900 hp though.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:21 PM

Yes...I would expect MPI to step in and make right...as well as HTT on anything that is their fault. They have allready proven that time and time again. MPI has been known to take "work calls" at 10 pm on a Sunday.

What time would that be in China?

Proven means...exactley that...PROVEN.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:22 PM

Who is doing DPS's housings? I doubt they have inhouse anything. There are some areas where you pay for what you get...and this is one of them.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey if you like them, go for it. I am not gonna beat ya down for not spending big money. Can't blame ya. They are just not for me and that is O.K.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hintz
Quick question for you is the arson kit keeping up w/ the injectors, Rail pressure wise?
so far no issues,but im not pressing the issue much,ive built my truck for fun and to pull my toy hauler and towards the future 5th wheel i will buy,not to set records or have the biggest swing in the mens room
Old 08-19-2008, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
Who is doing DPS's housings? I doubt they have inhouse anything. There are some areas where you pay for what you get...and this is one of them.
They cast their own. Go ahead call him and ask. It would be a little better than bashing him without reason.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
Yes...I would expect MPI to step in and make right...as well as HTT on anything that is their fault. They have allready proven that time and time again. MPI has been known to take "work calls" at 10 pm on a Sunday.

What time would that be in China?

Proven means...exactley that...PROVEN.
Mpi is who i wanted to deal with in the beginning but i found him arrogant and unacomadating,granted my wishes were different than most.I also know of a couple people not very happy with his work or customer service,but every company has there own group of nay sayers and flag wavers.

Glad you like you twins,i like mine too.But i am certainly glad you chimed in with your know nothing insulting post,go blow mpi on your own time in your own thread cheerleader thank you

and these staments are by no means an insult to mpi,ive seen his product,very nice work,to bad he couldnt tune his customers like he can turbos
Old 08-19-2008, 04:12 PM

LOL!

9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 ..
Old 08-19-2008, 05:03 PM

Nah...I only play nice and try to just help out too...there will be no bomb out of me this time.

There are a few customers that love anything...

SCT...I mean Striker...I mean Painless Performance Modules brings back some memories.

I am just trying to help. If it was that easy to cast housings to original effective design stadards (unless it is a copy/knockoff), there would be far more people in the industry making good turbos other than HTT, II, ATS, BD, etc.

Good luck...I hope I did not hurt any feelings. I would love to meet somebody that was not happy with Nathan/MPI and hear the "real story".

I do agree with the flag waver and nah sayers comment...unfortunatley most of them also have not honestly tried many products across the board and have a very uninformed opinion.

If DPS can cast housings...I wonder why they can't TIG steel? Or even cast a cold pipe or hot pipe!!!!!!!! Something original!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:04 PM

subscribed!!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:23 PM

Well I will have to say that I talked to DPS today on the phone and they where very nice people and seemed very well informed on every question I had for them. They also said that they do there own casting in house for the smaller turbo exhaust housing. I am very particular about my truck and I will do a lot of research befor installing just anything on it, but I will definitely watch all the post and be in touch with olywrench on this kit. Like I said so far, from what I have read, and the people I have talked to I am pretty interested in this kit. I would like to see how DPS's kit would compare to MPI's stocker/s400 kit and BD's towing compounds kit.

Quick Reply: Ebay twins,i bought em,kinda long