3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dr. Performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 07:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Dr. Performance

Where can I find some info on the Dr. Perfomance chips and what do you guys think about them?

Nick
Old 06-25-2005, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the 130 HP on mine and my buddy has the 100Hp on his 04.5 and we both love it. It has improved my gas mileage by about 2 mph in the city and 4 mph on the highway. I can smoke the duals we ever I have the urge
Would totally recommend it.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:15 PM

I have the stage 2 for my 4.5 and when i hit 2nd gear the tires break loose
I am happy with it, it is a 100 hp box. My truck is stock.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:52 PM

I just ordered a Dr P stage II box today. I did a lot of looking at the codes, smoke, wiring harness, etc., etc., issues with about every other box out there. All the bad stuff I heard about Dr. P was from people that didn't own one. I have yet to find a legit complaint (other than wanting still more power) from an owner of a dr p module. I have seen a lot of other used modules but have yet to see a single used dr p module. That makes me think either there are only 10 of them in existance or people like them well enough to keep them. Seems they are also easily stacked if you decide to go nuts.. I was also just looking for a little better towing power without killing mileage to get it. I also did not want any box that required splicing into the fuel pump. Too obvious if you have a warranty issue. Price was higher but there just seemed to be fewer (read that none) issues I could find with this box. The first page of this forum today has at least 4 complaints/issue threads with other boxes. Thats just one page of one day.... Plus I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep the dr p or not. What others offer a 30 day no questions money back guarantee? If it sucks at the end of 30 days it simply goes back. Arlon.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Chapter President

Originally posted by Arlon
I just ordered a Dr P stage II box today. I did a lot of looking at the codes, smoke, wiring harness, etc., etc., issues with about every other box out there. All the bad stuff I heard about Dr. P was from people that didn't own one. I have yet to find a legit complaint (other than wanting still more power) from an owner of a dr p module. I have seen a lot of other used modules but have yet to see a single used dr p module. That makes me think either there are only 10 of them in existance or people like them well enough to keep them. Seems they are also easily stacked if you decide to go nuts.. I was also just looking for a little better towing power without killing mileage to get it. I also did not want any box that required splicing into the fuel pump. Too obvious if you have a warranty issue. Price was higher but there just seemed to be fewer (read that none) issues I could find with this box. The first page of this forum today has at least 4 complaints/issue threads with other boxes. Thats just one page of one day.... Plus I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep the dr p or not. What others offer a 30 day no questions money back guarantee? If it sucks at the end of 30 days it simply goes back. Arlon.
Like he said, I only got rid of mine because it wasn't enought power....the comp made up for it, but that chip was great to me. Increased fuel and timing and made the truck fly through the gears! if you get one....enjoy!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 03:17 PM
DRV

I had one and was good while is it was working. Lasted less than a month. Poor customer care also.
TSt for 17000 miles and very happy.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:02 PM

I love mine! I've been running mine for over a year with Zero problems/complaints. I just added there Stage IV injectors and there awesome!
Old 07-01-2005, 05:45 AM

I have been running the stage one for over a year now and have not had a single problem so far and it stacks great with the bddl
Old 07-01-2005, 08:56 AM

I got one ....love it no problems!........
Old 07-01-2005, 09:14 PM

Where is the best "cheapest and good to deal with" place to get the Dr. Perf stuff,,,,

Thanks; Jeff
Old 07-04-2005, 02:27 AM

Try ebay, thats where I got mine for a smokin deal. You will love it