3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

dont' like my Fass

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont' like my Fass

Hey guys, I got my fass installed here about 2 weeks ago and so far i put on 2700km and ran out of fuel 5 times! once in the car wash right under the automatic door.. i never tryed to start it so fast in my life!

anyways i ordered the drop in tank module and it was the wrong year. so i got the guy to install it the "FASS WAY" with that stupid tube and now i can only get to 1/4 of a tank like most of you guys. i've been looking around and trying to find the answer to my problems. I know i can put the correct module in the tank but then i have a hole where the fass was. so i came across this link on this site but not to much was said about it so i'll ask here and hopefully this problem is sloved heres what i found.....
http://www.vulcanperformance.com/Dra...hlo-p/dsiv.htm

will this slove the 1/4 tank issue on the fass/Airdog??
thanks VJ
Old 12-12-2008, 09:32 AM

There must be a "fine line" in the draw straw installation for all of the 1/4 tank issues that are happening. I have no issues with mine been working for 2 years now, no problems. Since you had it installed I would take it back to your installer and have him do it right.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't install the draw straw in the tank like the destructions say. I always auger the hole in the fuel cansiter. no holes in the tank that way when or if you wanted to return to stock for future sale or something.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:59 AM

well the holes there now, and i need to do something about this. its rediculous running outta fuel! and paying 700$ for the system and 800 to install it!!!
I need some kinda problem solver. my buddys truck that has the 150 fass does the same thing. tubes to short i guess, but do you think that this draw straw 2 from Vulcan will work??
Old 12-12-2008, 10:00 AM

there should be a bolt on canister on the bottom of that tube...??????? engineered...or something.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First of all the problem is not the Fass pump.Its the installation.Many more people on here have installed the drawstraw with no problems than ones who have had problems.The part you listed should work "if its installed correctly".You need to be discussing this with the installer.Don't let them give you a line about this is the way it goes with the drawstraw.I have had mine in for 2 years and can run below the E mark as well as many others on here.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:25 AM

For $800 bones I'd definately make sure you are completely satisified with the install. Take it back to them and have them get it right.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:26 AM

Agree with above, it's the installer..i have the AD150 with a drawstraw like the vulcan.....no issues what so ever....can get down to "Low Fuel" on the overhead (e.g. less than 30 miles left)

I believe the trick to installation is to cut the ds to length when the tank is sitting at it's natrual position mounted in the truck....either pull the bed to replicate, or if the tank is dropped, lift it at the same points that it rests on when mounted in the truck...then measure / cut the straw....

You can get it done right, keep the faith.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:54 PM

i agree w/ the above posters......you're installer was careless, plain and simple. if the draw straw was cut too short then you'll run out of fuel, if it's cut to the right length then you should never have a problem. take it back and tell him to do it right!
Old 12-12-2008, 04:17 PM
D45

$800 for installation!!!!

I was just quoted $200 to install an AD 150 and was quite pleased with that price.........
Old 12-12-2008, 04:40 PM

i know it was to much he had it for 2 days he had to relocate it to the front of the fuel tank like the AD is because i have a slip tank with a filter and stuff hanging under the wheel well. and he made a mess of this he left all the old hoses and pipes in there and the stock fuel canister, stripped the screws in my skid plate and mounted the pump to high and it was beating off my cab. and for some reason he ran a return line from the injector pump i never seen that on the diagram paper...?? is that right?? iam not inpressed its going back in on monday it has a leak on the tank module the seal is gone. and iam gonna tell him to fix that draw straw if thats the case.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:31 PM

Yeah, from the sounds of it, he owes you a rework to make it right.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by vj_M
$800 to install it!!!

holy cow!!!!!$800 for a FASS install?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? is that really what you paid to have your FASS installed?!?!?!?!?!?
I REALLY hope not
Old 12-12-2008, 09:49 PM

i know it was to much he had it for 2 days he had to relocate it to the front of the fuel tank like the AD is because i have a slip tank with a filter and stuff hanging under the wheel well. and he made a mess of this he left all the old hoses and pipes in there and the stock fuel canister, stripped the screws in my skid plate and mounted the pump to high and it was beating off my cab. and for some reason he ran a return line from the injector pump i never seen that on the diagram paper...?? is that right?? iam not inpressed its going back in on monday it has a leak on the tank module the seal is gone. and iam gonna tell him to fix that draw straw if thats the case.
PICS??????
Old 12-13-2008, 02:19 AM

...so i came across this link on this site but not to much was said about it so i'll ask here and hopefully this problem is sloved heres what i found.....
http://www.vulcanperformance.com/Dra...hlo-p/dsiv.htm

will this slove the 1/4 tank issue on the fass/Airdog??
thanks VJ
Wow, sounds like the guys who did this for you are real morons, I hope you get it figured out.

BTW, has anyone used that dual purpose draw straw thing? I saw it a while ago at the Vuclan site, how's it work exactly?

Quick Reply: dont' like my Fass