3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Crazy Larry Or Smarty

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I dont understand why some of you guys are so high on the smarty... I dont get it.

I would say more but I was told to keep my mouth shut....
Old 01-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

Say what ever you want. I do. Luken I still dont understand with your list of mods your #2 only is like 1Hp more than my highest run on Methanol. Im really starting to think that the super flow im on along with the fact theres no fan blowing on your intercooler is producing low #'s. The way your going add injectors,turbo,and dual fueler over 1000Hp well over.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:37 PM

My trucks a piece right now... Tst went bad. MP-8 went bad.... It sure makes a guy wonder how a truck could run awesome with trouble free problems then try a new downloader and have disaster...

This past summer it ran awesome. It is kind of shocking that the trucks numbers were so high. Everyone that rode in it compared it to their 500+hp trucks and believed it was 650hp or so.... Who knows....

As soon as I start my new job in March I'll drop some more money into it.

I could care less about dyno numbers. I just want to go fast. Hopedully I can get in the 11s this year.

Good luck to all you guys...

Lucas
Old 01-31-2007, 07:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackBeast
If I can find someone in Northern california to let me take it to the dyno I will buy one If it does what every one says it does.

Talk to Brad Ponci
Old 01-31-2007, 07:47 PM

Bob,

Since it was mentioned in the thread by another member... Does the Smarty add timing over the stock amount on Even numbers?
Old 01-31-2007, 07:54 PM

no it does not. But I find it funny that you can claim that smarty ruined your other electronic parts. That is BS

Last I read the clouds parted and god blessed your truck and tst was working fine.

No? And I am not going to getting another bashing contest.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:58 PM

repost

#41 01-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Luken
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
Lucas has his truck fixed.

YEP! God answered my many prayers...literally.

Today my girlfriend made the comment that it sucked that I couldnt run the tst/bully dog stack anymore. She said to try it... I told her it was a waste of time but what the heck....

So I cranked the tst to 7x2 (kill mode) and NO timing rattle.

Your guess is as good as mine. I have talked to several gearheads (they know alot more than me lol) and they think the ECM has a memory and it took time to get the smarty out of the system if you will....

Im HAPPY! Now I can get on with it and work towards getting big fluxs and Floor Its twin cp3s....

Thanks to all who have helped me get through me early (but long) midlife crisis!

Now I dont have to sell the yellow beast. lol

Lucas
Old 01-31-2007, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Luken
Bob,

Since it was mentioned in the thread by another member... Does the Smarty add timing over the stock amount on Even numbers?

and IF the other member is 97036 4x4 you know that same old song
Old 01-31-2007, 08:14 PM

Touchy touchy... Lol! You crack me up!

I didnt say the smarty knocked my other boxes out. I simply said it went from running great to trying a smarty and that was horrible to now my tst and mp8 crapped out. Imply whatever you want.

Thats interesting that it does no timing on even numbers. So tell us, How can you add 100+ hp with zero added timing and not have EGTs throug the roof?

Not trying to "start a war"... Just asking....

Ive talked to several people that said you get kind of offended if you imply anything is wrong with the products you carry. Hopefully this isnt the case because Im just asking simple questions like everyone else...
Old 01-31-2007, 08:16 PM

I havent talked to 97 in quite some time. Hmmmm....
Old 01-31-2007, 08:22 PM

Bob,

I did not say you did . you mentioned "another member"

I am fine and so is MADS Electronics
Old 01-31-2007, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
I did not say you did . you mentioned "another member"

I am fine and so is MADS Electronics
By now I expected a response like that. It the norm...

Thanks for answering my questions.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:31 PM

Not taking sides; only speaking from my personal experience, but the Smarty has been AMAZING. I downloaded #9 right away and was blown away with what it did to the truck. Recently, I changed to the "Wild" tune and was almost as blown away as when I first put the Smarty on! For my truck, it has been incredible.

It's no surprise that it does NOT work on everyone's truck. I think a very good analogy is this one:

If you give 1,000,000 people penicillin, 100s if not 1000s will die. Why? Well, because everyone is different and reacts differently to it. Same thing with the Smarty. All of our trucks are different and there is NOTHING that will work unilaterally on every truck. For Luken, the Scarry Larry might be best, or maybe the Smarty will, but something else was wrong and it was all a big coincidence. We will never KNOW. At best, we can have a "OK" idea of what happened.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:39 PM

Its obvious that the Smarty doesnt work on all trucks.

Its just kind of weird when you ask a question and it gets smart remarks everytime. Its as if its getting avoided.

It doesnt bother me.. Its actually kind of funny.

D Wiggs, Have you ever had the crazy larry on your truck?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:41 PM

D Wiggs, Have you ever had the crazy larry on your truck?
No, I haven't. Once I had the Smarty on I saw no need. I can't imagine it working any better. If it did, I would doubt that the improvement would warrant the cost, you know? I figure, at best it will be a few HP on the Dyno and nothing by the SOTP meter. I, ofcourse, could be completely wrong! THat was just my reasoning!

Quick Reply: Crazy Larry Or Smarty