3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

copilot questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question copilot questions

My Girlfriend bought me a copilot for my birthday, I put it on today. I have been reading the manual, but I am confused by a few things, and a couple of weird things have happend since I put it on.

Question 1. Changing the speed level is not seeming to make a difference, I kinda thought that I would definately notice a difference.

Question 2. For the 1st and 2nd lockup, it says that it has to be a ATS valve body to work. Anyone know what they do different?

And the weird thing is I have now punched it a couple of times and it just revs like I missed a gear, I hit 3700 rpm on the last one. What would be causing this, any changes I can make?

Thanks so much guys

kevin
Old 01-17-2007, 02:16 AM

that was a nice gift. I should move up there girls in Indiana wont buy anything. lol
Old 01-18-2007, 12:25 AM

Yeah, she is a pretty special girlfriend. No one has any ideas on this?

Kevin
Old 01-18-2007, 12:50 AM

I havent seen many guys running the co pilot, so I dunno
Old 01-18-2007, 06:38 PM

Hmmm, if they arent running the co pilot, what are they running?

Kevin
Old 01-18-2007, 06:40 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kevin, I could be wrong but I think cquestad is runnin a copilot as well.

From what I hear they are somewhat complicated but once dialed in it is a very useful tool.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:56 PM

Thats what I am hoping,, I will have to look around for him,, hopefully he will see this post

Thanks

Kevin
Old 01-18-2007, 07:14 PM

ahhh yes i remember all too much......my truck was doing the same thing, i believe they had to adjust the valve body up. then it kept doing it, so i took it in again, they finally had to double the clutch plates in my tranny to beep it from popping out of gear at wot. Havent had a problem since. It was fine at everyday driving, but whenever I punched it , it would do like yours and either come out of gear, or like it missed a gear and rap up to 3700 rpm, but when you let off the throttle it would pop right back in. I feel your pain and hope this helps.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:13 PM

Cool. i am going to check into it, also I dont seem to think that it is working either, I dont really seem to notice alot of difference and I am pretty sure that I should.

Kevin
Old 01-19-2007, 06:04 PM

Yeah, when i go from a stop and i go wide open throttle, and when the copilot goes into lockup, my tires start spinning. I break the tires as soon as it locks up and then when it shifts to second and so on. But you should definatley notice it working. Especially when you let off the throttle it goes into lock up and helps slow you down. I know they are pretty tempramental to get set cause it took ats 3 times to get mine dialed in but now it works great and havent had a problem since.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:22 PM

Yeah I talked to Barry today, and he basically echo'd what you are saying. He is going to get me another box, I was playing today, I would accelerate with the box on, then with the box off, seemed the same to me. He told me that I should really be able to notice it going into 2nd gear.

Kevin
Old 01-19-2007, 11:54 PM

yeah, once you get it dialed in youll really notice it. My truck goes in to ATS on monday for new twin turbos, and twin cp3s, mine actually was just acting up a little bit tonight. not bad though, but might need a little tlc. Ill ask them on monday what they all did to get mine to quit doing what it was doing and maybe that will give you a direction to go in. Cause your problem sounds exactly like the one I had.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:41 AM

That would be awesome, I appreciate it

Kevin
Old 01-20-2007, 09:30 AM

Kevin let us know when you get this worked out been looking into the copilot my self but I dont want to have problems like this.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:23 PM

I hope that I dont have problems either,, I was testing some more today, I am quite sure that it isnt working. Next week I am going to go into the shop and go through all the wiring and make sure that it is proper. Baring all of that I think that it just might be a faulty unit

Kevin

Quick Reply: copilot questions