3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Combo gauges with trans temp and EGT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 04:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Combo gauges with trans temp and EGT?

Are there any of these - preferable white faced? I asked this on a thread in a different section, but it's buried pretty deep under a different topic. So, I'm afraid it won't be seen by enough of you "in the know" folks. A single gauge will fit where the dummy switches are in the 04.5 Laramie (mine has bun warmers). I figured that these are the most critical gauges - at least for a stock or close-to-stock truck.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only combo gauge I have seen is the Westach EGT/Boost combo. I'm debating getting this one, but I don't really care for the way it lights up.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too, am looking for combo guages, preferably digital in nature, that I could mount under the dashboard lip to the left of the radio. One electronic guage that would give me boost, EGT and ?
Old 05-26-2004, 06:02 PM

I have looked and looked for a combo EGT/Tranny temp gauge. I called Geno's asking for one, they do not know of any.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by CaughtinmyGrill
I too, am looking for combo guages, preferably digital in nature, that I could mount under the dashboard lip to the left of the radio. One electronic guage that would give me boost, EGT and ?
Seems like the perfect thing for you would be the X-Monitor with the dash mount pod....only flip upside down and mount it on the bottom of the dash where you're talking about.

Maybe find a way to take this thing and flip it...

Old 05-26-2004, 10:48 PM

I too have been looking at this combo of EGT and Trans. I have talked to SPA and they have a combination that will do this...both digital with some cool functions. It isn't cheap but it does look pretty good.

http://www.spatechnique.com/details....l&item=DG210WB

You need a high temp adapter and a thermocouple. I have this in an email if you are interested. The background is available in green or orange backlight, white or black face black or chrome bezel. This is the only one I've found. I like the x monitor if only it wasn't square and fit in a standard gauge round hole. K.S.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
abc4yew,

I too have been looking at this combo of EGT and Trans. I have talked to SPA and they have a combination that will do this...both digital with some cool functions. It isn't cheap but it does look pretty good.
Hey, this looks promising. I'd be very interested in reading the email info you have. If you have time, please forward to nm@caminosoft.com.

How hard do you think it will be to get that lower plate out of the dash? I know mine will have a bunch of wires and switches connected to it. Hopefully, they're easily disconnected. If not, I suppose I can cut the wires and replace with connectors of some sort. Looks like an interesting project.

With all the goodies needed, what do you think the total cost of having an EGT/Tranny temp combo would be? Maybe the X-monitor would come out cheaper.

Thanks,
Neil