3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cant get HID'S working please help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant get HID'S working please help.

I bought a Pilot 9007 Bi-Xenon HID kit. Looks like a nice kit, but man this thing has been a headache. Basically i hooked it up how the instructions told me too and when i turn them on they just blink, on, off, on, off. Also i am getting the headlamp out indicator. So i do my research and find out i need some big resistors. I but some 3.3 ohm 100W resistors to put in line and this is supposed to solve the problem. I hook them up and the same problem!!!! Uggghhhh!!!!

All that happened is the lights are dimmer when they blink.

What do i do? Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:14 PM

My problems were solved after installing 10ohm 50watt resistors. On the factory headlight plug there are three wires. the outer prongs are control your highs and lows. Wire a resistor into the low beam I believe its on the left and to the center plug (it doesn't matter how you wire it resistors work either way) Do the same thing on high beam and again to the center wire. On the center plug you should have a wire from each resistor and the factory connection resistor restored. Do it with wire nuts until you get it all straightened out. Two wires on both outer plugs. The resistors will get hot so put them somewhere they won't melt anything. If you need anything else let me know. I had my fairshare of problems with HID's
Old 01-12-2008, 05:39 PM

Wait ok can we go over that one more time. I know the blue factory plug has 3 prongs. I have two 2 3.3 ohm 100w resistors. So can we lay this out another way like:

Left Prong------ resistor
Battery---Relay box--- Center prong ----- Stock Headlight Plug --->

Connects to Aftermarket Headlight plug which connects to the new headlight plug and all of its plugs.

How do i connect the center prong when i already have them connected to the outer prongs. High and low.
Right prong ------resistor

All of that