3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

called Goerend today ***

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd go with whatever Dave recommended...I can't say enough good things about those guys! Great product, fantastic customer service!
Old 11-12-2009, 01:04 PM

stock intermed. and out put here. beat on mine all the time with boosted launches also. eventually snapped my output just like Browns said i would with how i play. I put another stock out put in cause he told me too. I was told to leave stock out unless you do billet intermed. also. you want the output to break before intermed shaft..
Old 11-12-2009, 03:23 PM

thank you for all the feed back i get a good vibe from goerand but i was told run billet input and output and stock inter i no he is the man but sounds like the iter shaft will be the week link.A shop her in jerses is a rep for suncoast and was told any problems thay pay shiping.I have a T C I 700r4 the trans was shiped back 3 x shiping this heep of crap costed what the trans costed me.I have had lots of trans problem on my hot rods and my mud truck just want to get this wright the firt time around.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:45 PM

If it means that much to you to have a billet intermediate shaft, tell Dave to put it in. He'll do so without complaint. This is YOUR tranny and YOU are the customer.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:10 PM

True
Old 11-12-2009, 07:27 PM

I have a FB suncoast on the bench that came out of my truck. I was told when I paid over 8 grand for it - that it was a bullet proof trans and it would be covered under a 2 yr warranty if something did happen to it. Well all I can say is I wouldn't buy or recommend anyone to buy a quart of trans fluid form the lying thieves at suncoast - let alone a transmission! Oh and by the way my truck was highly modified when I had the suncoast trans... I had a standerd Smarty. Not a TNT not a Revo.
Good luck,
Topper
Old 11-12-2009, 07:37 PM

Goerend here too,billet flex,input, output, and STOCK intermediate. Listen to what he says he knows what he is talkin about. I have beat on mine alot, and broke the input so far. And Dave was right there gettin me back on the road in no time.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jon molnar
.... i no he is the man but sounds like the iter shaft will be the week link.
Think you're missing something here. Not one poster said stock intermediate shaft is a weak link!
But, it's your money....your choice.

RJ
Old 11-12-2009, 08:06 PM

my goerend tc came and today and was rushed to the dealership, to put on my new tranny from the dealersip( under warranty) tc they will put on. dave was great to talk to, told him what i had and what i do

goerend all the way
Old 11-12-2009, 10:34 PM

another happy Goerend customer here.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:37 AM

Georend is the Man !

I have to give Dave Kudos for always calling me back to discuss his tranny. I don't actually own one of his yet but will shortly. I am trying to make a E brake work for my 04. Dave has gone so far as to call the brake mfg's and talk with them about how their controllers work specifically. Hell i didn't even spend a dime and he has treated me awesome ! Georend all the way ! I have never even heard one complaint anywhere about his business. That says a lot especially since he doesn't even market his trannys like some of the other big names. Just word of mouth ! JMO
Old 11-17-2009, 11:37 PM

I have a FB Goerend as well. Listen to what Dave has to say about your build, he will steer you in the right direction and will back up everything he sells. I firmly believe he builds the best transmission for our trucks.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:57 AM

I have run a hundred passes down the track on B/I B/O stock intermediate. Boosted launches of 20-25lbs....I am only 536 hp....but I beat on my rig. The weak link was the flex plate...now I have a billet and I do not lose 1 minutes sleep over the stock intermediate shaft....
Old 11-18-2009, 02:16 PM

Goerend recommendations

I am running that set up on my 06. Billet in and out and stock intermediate. Flawless.

From the conversations with Dave... the intermediate shaft being stock provides a bit more flex (if it doesn't bend it breaks) in an otherwise inflexible billet system / environment.

At least that is what I understood from the conversation 2 years ago.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BigDogJeepin
If it means that much to you to have a billet intermediate shaft, tell Dave to put it in. He'll do so without complaint. This is YOUR tranny and YOU are the customer.
Dave sold us all 3 billet shafts, cuz we wanted to do so. he and we found out later that the stock 3rd gen intermediate is as strong (some say stonger than a billet. saves you $700+ right there!

Quick Reply: called Goerend today ***