3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

bullydog issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bullydog issues

hy guys, just ditched the pred lll in favour of the bullydog,i have read the post so far and i cant believe what iam seeing.
is it possible that something is either wrong with the downloader or my truck? i have tried to load both programs, 90hp and the extreme 130hp, and guess what...... i cant tell the diff from m stock truck.....i was so excited to run this thing. it seems to accept all the loads but not much is happening......other then power ,is there a way to tell if this thing is working,or if your stock program is up and running back in the truck.....dont want to return this thing with out my program back in place...
Old 10-14-2004, 07:00 AM

I installed mine lastnight - I can sure tell there is more power with each download. Stock it doesn't smoke at all, on Tow (50hp) it throws a quick puff on each shift. The 90 hp I haven't tried but the Extreem setting will lay a cloud of smoke so thich that traffic behind you has to stop & when the turbo builds boost you better hang on.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wadem, this is the first bullydog downloader problem I've seen. Keep us posted!
Old 10-14-2004, 09:29 AM

Re: bullydog issues

Originally posted by wadem
hy guys, just ditched the pred lll in favour of the bullydog,i have read the post so far and i cant believe what iam seeing.
is it possible that something is either wrong with the downloader or my truck? i have tried to load both programs, 90hp and the extreme 130hp, and guess what...... i cant tell the diff from m stock truck.....i was so excited to run this thing. it seems to accept all the loads but not much is happening......other then power ,is there a way to tell if this thing is working,or if your stock program is up and running back in the truck.....dont want to return this thing with out my program back in place...
Maybe fill in your sig so we know what we are working with.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:35 PM

I dont know....mabe its all in my head, but i cannot tell the diff between stock and extreme settings....i have heard, just like the above post that on extreme you better watch temps and hold on.....the pred lll was a huge change.....and it [the bully dog] doesnt smoke at all on the extreme....i think its supposed to.
i have also thrown 2 codes a 602 and 633 and it wont recognize or clear these codes[ its supposed to do that to] iam am currently on my way down to the perf shop where i got this thing and we are going to try another one....the tech on the 1 800 number was at a loss.....i will keep you posted on progress...
Old 10-14-2004, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by wadem
I dont know....mabe its all in my head, but i cannot tell the diff between stock and extreme settings....i have heard, just like the above post that on extreme you better watch temps and hold on.....the pred lll was a huge change.....and it [the bully dog] doesnt smoke at all on the extreme....i think its supposed to.
i have also thrown 2 codes a 602 and 633 and it wont recognize or clear these codes[ its supposed to do that to] iam am currently on my way down to the perf shop where i got this thing and we are going to try another one....the tech on the 1 800 number was at a loss.....i will keep you posted on progress...
Code #602 Control Module Programming Error/Not Programmed. Code 633 SKIM Key Not Programmed in PCM. I suspect you have a hardware issue/installation problem.Mark.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:17 PM

what etg temps have you guys seen in extreme? I am thinking about ordering it (i returned my tst) and i don't have money for gages yet so i was wondering if it was a pretty cool running program so i could drive around in 90 or 130 w/o a pyro or boost gage for about a month.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:28 PM

You can get the downloader with the outlook monitor (which includes gauges) for a good bit less than you originally paid for the TST with gauges. I believe it was $715 for both. Shoot, I paid more than that for my TST without gauges.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:28 PM

ok just got back from the shop, and we took a new unit out of the box and loaded the extreme program......like i said "i think this is all in my head"
it seems to smoke a tiny little bit on extreme, acceleration is a little better
but i will tellyou what guys
Old 10-14-2004, 06:45 PM

ok just got back from the shop, and we took a new unit out of the box and loaded the extreme program......like i said "i think this is all in my head"
it seems to smoke a tiny little bit on extreme, acceleration is a little better
but i will tell you what guys IT SURE AINT THE PRED lll... imho the pred lll was
a much better performer, but i was ,and still am, worried about rail pressure,
injector seals etc,so i thought i would try the bully dog.
I also still have the 633 codes and 602 as well,i know what these are and its not a big deal. but this down loader is supposed to detect codes & erase them.
It will sometimes get the 602, but has never gotten the 633. any ideas on how to erase them?

also egt's are mabe 50 degrees hotter then stock.... on extreme setting.
the guy at the shop said that the bully dog claim of 130hp on extreme is flywheel hp not rear wheel.But predators 100hp is rear wheel....maybe thats the difference
anyway i will keep you advised of any changes... but so far i am disappointed
in the bullydog.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:22 PM
GBB

It's not working then, you will instantly know the difference as soon as you touch the accellerator.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:48 PM

I'm running mine in 90hp setting stack with six-gun on 6 w/speedloader. Max egt's 1280 unloaded, but running hard at 8600ft. Before stacking my max egt was 1180. Power is very much there and truck runs very smooth. 1/4 mile is up about 8 mph. Good luck with another box.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:01 PM

well, i tried the other box and it was the same as the first one....i think the bottom line is that i am kind of addicted to the perf of the pred lll box. the odds of three boxes not downloading are out there. i was just expecting so much more from what i had read..... with both boxes ,when we loaded the extreme settings
there was just a trace of smoke when you got on the throttle, and like i said the egt's were just a little higher then stock. but i think iam right in line with "highaltitude" because my egt's are at about 1200. Calgary's altitude is approx 3500 asl. anyway, my plan is to run the stock setting for a few days then return to extreme, and see if i notice the "big difference".

still dont know why it wont see the 633 code and erase it.....i have tried a obd ll
scanner and it didnt see it either. does anyone have any ideas on how i can erase this code?
Old 10-15-2004, 08:27 AM

I think something is up with your particular truck, considering everyone else is jumping up and down over the performance of this downloader..
Old 10-15-2004, 09:00 AM
GBB

I also tried the predator 3 and it is nothing compared to the power pup. There is definitely something wrong. Have you tried clearing the codes with the downloader first, I believe it's the DTC function?

Quick Reply: bullydog issues