3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

bullydog issues

Old 10-18-2004, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has anybody went to the dyno since the programmer.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got a question for someone with a downloader. When you plug it up it should display a welcome screen that shows what version of the software it has. Can someone plug theirs in and tell me what the current software version is? Should be something like V1.00, or V1.01, or 1.02, etc.

Thanks
Old 10-18-2004, 10:40 PM

Mine says 1.0. Maybe they will offer an upgrade in the future. Maybe something that will keep our gray keys working.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:14 PM

I had the ABS and Brake light come on with my 2002 half ton Dodge. I had blown the sensor right out of the rearend. That's what happens when you pull a 11k trailer up the Cajon Pass with a half ton. Anyway, sounds like the programmer might be interfering with the sensor input or am I just over simplifiying things? As much as I don't want a Banks, It's sounding like that might be a way to go. When is Edge going to come out with the Attitude for the 03 SO?
Old 10-18-2004, 11:21 PM

According to dealer techs, those two lights are suppose to come on when a new ECM flash is programmed. It does the same thing to them when they do updates to certain year trucks. You are suppose to wait for the lights to go out (something like 4 restarts) and then it will let you clear the codes and should not come back.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:55 PM

You all are right. The lights did go out this morning. Truck runs GREAT. Read my posts on TDR about messing with my co-workers 1500 Hemi I may actually make some money with this $435 investment hehehe
Old 10-19-2004, 10:48 PM

FYI, Muddymess has dyno numbers up here.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:51 PM

I'm playing with the pup on Extreme mode. I sprung for the $1.50 and had a new key cut. The truck just cranks, and cranks, and cranks, and cranks, but will not start. I put the gray key in and it fires right up, so the chipped key security feature still works fine.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:58 PM

I returned the truck to stock mode today. I had the tire revolutions per mile updated in the ECM so the speedo would be correct with my 315s. After going back to stock, it is still correct, checked against a GPS, so that change will not be lost either.

The ECM programming error was not present after returning to stock, but the SKIM Key code was. I could not clear it with the downloader or with my hand held scanner. I imagine it will always be there unless I have a dealer clear it.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:50 AM

woha. I thought all codes were erasable? keep the information flowing AK, esp. if you are able to clear that SKIM code later on. It doesn't sound like we're getting consistent behavior reported by the guys using the downloader, but I don't know of anyone who has tried restoring the stock program like you have. can't figure out why restoring the stock program would be different than the other programs, as regards SKIM codes or functionality.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:39 AM

Good to hear your skim key still is the only one that works AK. I knew you couldn't hold out too long and would get and test a downloader soon Doug, this is unexpected, that the skim is still working. AK do you have the high idle feature? I'm wondering if that one is retained or not.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:27 AM

Negative on the high idle feature. I'm sporting a 03. Not available. There was a post on TDR by a fellow that did have it. I believe the feature was still there, but was disabled, so a trip to the dealer to turn it back on. Need a few more test subjects on that one.

I'm working on numbers for timing advance, rail pressures, and % duration extension over stock along with some dyno numbers for each level. Hopefully it won't be long. Given how smooth and cool this box runs on Extreme mode (at least in my truck), I think this will be "THE" box to run with Don M's injectors for reliable, usable horsepower. However, contrary to some, it is definitely no TST contender in my book. TST is still the torque king. Good dyno graphs will show us where it stacks up though.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:30 AM

I have had mine in tow and performance modes and finally back to stock. It set no codes! I have a chipped key, too.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:33 PM

AKRAM,

Do you know exactly what was changed in your ECU to get the speedo correct for the 315s? I had lithia make the changes on my truck but the speedo was still off. I took it back and they said that they couldn't make the speedo and the antilock brakes both work right with the tires so they refunded me $40. I would love to have the overhead and speedo correct for the tires but I'm not sure what to do. Any thoughts? Also you mentioned that there might be a way to get the high idle feature on the 03, but perhaps I read you wrong. You have more information about this?

Also for the power pup guys, does the overhead MPG guage still work with the program? Also does the power pup let you adjust for tire sizes? Another question I had for the power pup, does it change the injector pulse width or increase the rail pressure or both?

schu
Old 11-02-2004, 06:58 PM

Lithia is where I had mine done as well. In fact, I bought the tires from them and they recalibrated the speedo at the same time for free. Tell them to go to the pinion factor option with their DRB, select tire size, select other, and enter 601. This is the correct revs per mile for the 315s. That will put the speedo spot on. My antilock brakes work just fine.

With the pup, my overhead still seems to be as accurate as it was before. It is off about 1mpg. The pup adjusts pulse width and increases pressure. On extreme setting, you supposedly get 80hp from pulse width and 50hp from pressure. It does not adjust for tire size, however, I have heard that the Outlook Monitor that Bullydog sells does adjust tire size. There is no high idle feature available for the 03s that I am aware of. The Bullydog Power Pup has a PTO feature that will let you run the RPMs up as high as you like, but the downloader must remain plugged in for that feature to work.

Brian

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bullydog issues