3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bullydog guys watch out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bullydog guys watch out!!!

Just read of another case on TDR where DC voided an engine warranty. Im guessing its an injector that blew on the guy but DC sent out a guy and they said they found "something" was there and now that "something" is now gone. They said it was enough not to cover the warranty.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:31 PM

I don't understand, why BulyDog? Is it because it is a downloader? The computer in your truck stores all information from the engine so when you run 42lbs of boost it will show that the boost has been altered some way. Fuel pressure and rpm's the same way. I was told that it would even show timing advancements had been altered. No dealer will find any of this whether it is a downloader or a module, but when DC sends out a tech that nows his stuff he will find it. Regardless what you are running. Is this not true?
Old 05-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Banned

alot of ppl running the bullydog (or any programmer) think that when they set it back to stock, they are fine to go to the dealer, which is obviously not true. Most people with modules understand the warranty is gone cause the module is pretty easy to see under the hood.

I think thats the point. Programmers aren't un-traceable as some ppl think.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:51 PM

Well, I think its this..the bullydog is a downloader and reprograms the cpu to its settings where stuff like edge/attitude runs a seperate box and does its own computing. I could be wrong, but regaurdless... watch your butts.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:55 PM

No doubt either can be found if they look hard enough. I am sure alot of people have bought the downloaders thinking it would be invisable when removed only to find out that it wasn't. If DC wants to find it they will.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:18 PM

I seem to recall seeing a post about Bullydog using a South American program to replace the stock programming when you switch it back to stock . Shouldn't be too hard to find if you know what to look for.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mixer Man
I seem to recall seeing a post about Bullydog using a South American program to replace the stock programming when you switch it back to stock . Shouldn't be too hard to find if you know what to look for.
YOu know its funny that you say that. When I was talkin to a manager with bullydog about my old power pup, she said that it probably wasnt working because the truck was back to bullydog stock and not dodge stock... I was under the impression that stock on the pup was stock stock..but I guess thats incorrect.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:13 PM

There is some serious misconceptions here.

If you make 42lbs of boost and the manufacture of your module has any clue then the ECM will have no idea you ever made 42lbs of boost. NEver, ever, Never, ever, etc.

The problem with reflashing anything is that if themanufacture wants, they can record every new flash that has ever been done in the processor. Forget date, mileage, CEL trips etc. The bottom line is if they want they can tell if and when it gets changed. If you alter the flash then it can be recorded. That is any microcontroller or microprocessor in the world. Now that is IF they want to.

If you put a module on and then remove it, and the module manufacture did its job then the ECM, COmputer, your neighbor, etc will never know.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:05 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
If I owned a 3rd gen,I'd wait for Smarty. Marco's gonna have something undetectable for you guys. He won't release it until it's right or he'll declare it otherwise. This won't necessarily be a product for the sled pullers,but should work for the owner who's looking for a safe power increase(motor only) Patience!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:26 PM

im gonna stack
Old 05-12-2006, 07:30 PM

I love how people tout things that don't exist yet.

Regardless of whether we are talking about and ECM or an IPOD, the fact is that ANY microcontroller or microprocessor can track when it was flashed. It could go a lot further than that, or they could not even log it, but it can be done on anything.

I don't think anyone including Marco would claim that he knew if they did or did not log this in the factory ECM. He would have to have the source code to know and I doubt he has that or he would be done.

Don't get me wrong, he will make a nice product, but making claims before it exists is silly.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by 8mpg
im gonna stack
What are you planning on stacking?
Old 05-12-2006, 10:22 PM

juice and smarty
Old 05-12-2006, 10:31 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
it costs alot of money to be cool

if you are blowing coal and sucking earth in a 7200 lb truck,
your wallet is your warranty

if your wallet can't handle it, stay stock
there's plenty of power stock.
but once you ride in a BOMB'ed truck, you know you need it.

reminds me i need to BDDLPP back to Performance from Tow mode.
Ne'mo'smoke!!!

QZilla is right, they probably COULD, if someone very smart was looking at the ECM, but, FWIW, most dealers can't work the DRB3 enough to figure out anything.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Banned

I'm solely going by word of mouth here so don't hold me to it...the Smarty product is made in Italy where they can hack into ECM codes and not violate any US patent laws. Thus, they are the only company that can truly make an un-detectable programmer. Now thats what i've been told, no clue how accurate it is but it did come from a smarty dealer.

yes the smarty is not out yet for the 3rd gens but it is on 2nd gens and i hear its a great product.

Quick Reply: Bullydog guys watch out!!!