3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

bombing tactics

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bombing tactics

in what order should a truck be bombed out, for instance

1. gauges
2. air intake
3. exhuast system
4. a box of some sort
5. a fuel system
6. injectors
7. tranny work, i.e. clutch in my case or a torque converter
8. turbo work of some sort?
9. head work

i know each truck is different and every one has there own ways of going about bombing a truck out, ive got almost 7k miles on my truck and im already getting an itch for more performance. 610ftlbs of tq is quit a bit but a useable 900 sounds nicer, is there a good combo to go with that wont be high maintanence, or however you spell that?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:37 AM

Sounds like a good plan. However injectors are not out yet for the 4.5+ engines so you will probably want to swap that with the tranny. Also If you get a box like a TST, BDDL, Crazy Larry, Edge Juice or Hot Juice,... you will basically need to upgrade your tranny and turbo all at the same time. The stock clutch and turbo dont like most of the boxs much more than a third or half of their potential. Also whenever you put a high HP box on a fuel system is a must, anything over a hundred HP will cause the engine to miss out due to a lack of fuel. So basically what I am saying is you are goin to shell out a whole lot of money real fast.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:43 PM

I did mine in the following order:

Gauges
Intake
Exhaust
Fuel Supply
Turbo/Manifold
Transmission
Fueling boxes
Upgrade Fuel Supply (pusher to FASS)
Upgrade to Twins
Head studs

To do:

Upgrade injectors
Upgrade cam

The problem I see with your approach is that you're pounding on your stock turbo and stock tranny with a fueling box and injectors, as well as taxing the stock fuel system with a performance box.