3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Best fender flares

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mudslinger
Nice find on those glass fender Nfsommer. Seem to be well priced as well as look good. I wonder if there is someone that has installed them that can confirm the "bolt on" description for the install, or if major modification needs to happen to get a decent fit.
that is what i was wondering, i also wonder how much it would be to paint those babies, there pretty big
Old 04-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Do the ATS Flares have a nice rubber backing gasket?
Old 04-03-2007, 12:49 PM

Does anyone have a picture of their truck with the ats flares? I'm trying to decide between them and the pocket flares.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:43 PM
O.T

Originally Posted by nfsommer
that is what i was wondering, i also wonder how much it would be to paint those babies, there pretty big
ya the glass fenders and bedsides are sweet, I have the fenders but have mixed feelings on the bedsides.

The fenders were not exactly a easy change over. You have to prefit and drill for the fastners, the stock inner fender liner needs cut and replaced with new plastic. Fiberglass does not fit as nice as metal so in areas like the bottom near the door the lines are inconsistant.

The bedsides are the outer shell, you will have to peel the rivet welds and seperate.

Body work and paint 800.00 for two fenders
Install and slivers 6 hrs

They look great and serve the purpose for me fitting 37" tires was my objective. I have a small suspension lift so the glass opened up some room.

By days end there should be some images in my gallery.

onetun
Old 04-03-2007, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 223 rules
Does anyone have a picture of their truck with the ats flares? I'm trying to decide between them and the pocket flares.
ATS does not use a rubber seal.....

here is my ATS flares

Old 04-03-2007, 04:56 PM

Onetun, thanks for the reply, it's good to get some first hand info on them. They look awesome from where the pic was shot. Hopefuly the lines aren't too bad at the mating edges up close. Sounds like the back could be a real pain you know where.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:12 PM
AlK

53 ******,
I like the ATS flares on your truck. How much coverage do they provide? What color are they unpainted? I prefer a dull/satin black color.

Thanks,
AlK
Old 04-03-2007, 08:17 PM

I hate to keep bumping this topic, but can someone tell me if there is any paint protection behind these ATS flares. 3 posts above this one it says they use no rubber, so do they use tape? If you have these flares please chime in. I really hate to install something that'll tear through the paint and possibly lead to rust. Thanks everyone.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by AlK
53 ******,
I like the ATS flares on your truck. How much coverage do they provide? What color are they unpainted? I prefer a dull/satin black color.

Thanks,
AlK
I bought mine with the truck but I believe ATS prepaints their flares factory colors so all you have to do is stick them on pics of coverage below...

Originally Posted by megafast
I hate to keep bumping this topic, but can someone tell me if there is any paint protection behind these ATS flares. 3 posts above this one it says they use no rubber, so do they use tape? If you have these flares please chime in. I really hate to install something that'll tear through the paint and possibly lead to rust. Thanks everyone.
my ATS don't have any thing other then the tape behind them...the tape helps keep the flare edge off the paint but it does not stop the dirt from going down on the tape...IMHO it does not matter what brand you get they all are going to leave a foot print of some sort. I would rather have the flares ether way.
in the end the rubber seal may be worse then no seal because then there is a tight edge for the dirt to work into.
all the fender flares I have sen have double sided tape to hold them on and then tie into the factory fender well mounts.

here is a pic of my ATS when the tape came off the bottom part(warranty) you can see up above how tight it fits to the body, but still not touching the paint.
I did not like my ATS flares at first because the tape came loses on them it was probably installer error because since they re stuck them they are great
Name:  dodgepics315s8.jpg
Views: 1873
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0121.jpg
Views: 1990
Size:  73.8 KB

that help or do you need more
sorry I don't have a straight down the side shot
Old 04-03-2007, 09:11 PM

Thanks Mark! Great info. Much appreciated. I'm going to tackle the install myself though.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:58 PM
AlK

Mark, thanks for the info.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by tritont
I'll second the ATS. They're built very well and can be purchased painted with a OEM color.
As far as having them pre-painted, be warned it might not be a perfect match. A friend runs a body shop, painted my grill to match, he said there's actually 5 different mixes for my Atlantic blue.

My truck had a chrome fuel door on it when it came into town, told the dealer I wasn't paying for it, they took it off and painted a factory door and it's no where near close.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:13 AM

I think flat black looks good on any color truck.....
Old 04-04-2007, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
As far as having them pre-painted, be warned it might not be a perfect match. A friend runs a body shop, painted my grill to match, he said there's actually 5 different mixes for my Atlantic blue.

My truck had a chrome fuel door on it when it came into town, told the dealer I wasn't paying for it, they took it off and painted a factory door and it's no where near close.
mine match perfect!!! but white is easy to match
I'm sure ATS has it figured out by now.....

Am I the only one on the broad with ATS flares???? I am surprised that no one else chimed in about the ATS.

Glad I could help Guys
Old 04-05-2007, 08:41 AM

Would placing a small strip of the 3m clear cover under the area to be covered by the strip help, or hurt things? I have to do flares soon too...

Quick Reply: Best fender flares