3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best Deal on HTT 62/71/13? and decision~

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Deal on HTT 62/71/13? and decision~

Ive got the Goerend on the way and after all the reading on here, I never picked up on the stall speed thing. Well I guess its a big deal. All this time I thought I had 4:10 gears......well I dont 3.73, but Dave built my TC for 4:10. So that and Im hearing a turbo needs a looser converter when going big to get good spool.

My question is...is the 62/71/13SS a big turbo/? Or should it even make a difference. What with my mods would be a good one for an auto in the city? But still can go somewhat big....say 650hp or so?

Back to the thread title...Well where can I get the best price on one? Also what would be comprable to that turbo above in an SPS...since they are having that sale??

Im thinking its time to just do a turbo too......I shoulda thought about that before!!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:26 PM

Ive also taken a closer look at industrial injections sale, here are my choices:

-Super Phat shaft 62
-Silver Bullet 62
or
-Htt 62/71/13?
Old 03-19-2008, 04:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got one of Dave's tighter converters with my 3.73's an a Silver64 and it drives fine. I think you'd be happy with any of those choices but the Silver62 is going to give you the most potential, imho. Can't help you with pricing. Call some vendors. Competition is a good thing. Let em' fight for your business.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:49 AM

If twins are in your futures,..

I'd have to say consider the 64/71/13ss if you're planning twins and going to high 600s and above for your future. I'm running that with the S480 and it spools up right now. I can imagine the 62 might be even quicker but in the twins setup the 64 would do you better and then you just have to buy it once and not have it upgraded come time for twins. Just a thought.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:02 AM

Well well

Originally Posted by trik396
I've got one of Dave's tighter converters with my 3.73's an a Silver64 and it drives fine. I think you'd be happy with any of those choices but the Silver62 is going to give you the most potential, imho. Can't help you with pricing. Call some vendors. Competition is a good thing. Let em' fight for your business.
I am still waiting to hear back from Dave, he should be calling sometime today. I did tell him I had the 4:10 gears...and he told me he had sent something like a 900/40 TC...Im not really sure, but it was one of his tighter TC's not sure if he meant tight for 4:10's or tight for 3.73's but we'll see. I hope it all works out so that I can go ahead and get it put in. I dont like not having transportation!

What do yall think about the tight converter?
Old 03-19-2008, 09:04 AM

Well well

Originally Posted by trik396
I am still waiting to hear back from Dave, he should be calling sometime today. I did tell him I had the 4:10 gears...and he told me he had sent something like a 900/40 TC...Im not really sure, but it was one of his tighter TC's not sure if he meant tight for 4:10's or tight for 3.73's but we'll see. I hope it all works out so that I can go ahead and get it put in. I dont like not having transportation!

What do yall think about the tight converter? What are the pro's and con's?

What will it do and dont do....dummy question? effects?
Old 03-19-2008, 09:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the 62/71-13ss and love it! The only thing is I think it would be getting hot up at 650hp, so I would also suggest the 64 wheel, but you're gonna need a little extra fuel to spool it. Your Smarty/Quad should spool it fine. The Silver Bullets would work fine. I went with the HTT for to the ss housing and the better thermal capabilities.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:45 AM

Well I dont even know if Im breaking 500hp yet, but I want to make sure I build up to suit for 600+hp. I want to stay away from the 64 wheel, I drive a lot in traffic and need the quick spool, so I dont know if a 64 would be a good idea?

Anyone else know about the TC tightness described above? I am still wondering what the differences a tight and loose TC will make on my set up?
Old 03-19-2008, 09:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you add pressure to the system, which you may have, it should help retain nice spoolup, if you still don't want to do that, I believe the silvers have a little more HP ceiling. Oh yeah, I got mine from Lloyd Mills.

Sorry, don't know much about the automatics...
Old 03-19-2008, 10:53 AM

Thats alright, hopefully one of the masters of auto hp will chime in shortly!! I need to figure this out. But your turbo info helped!

Thanks,
Old 03-19-2008, 11:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just hang on a little while. My Goerand parts will be in Friday....Yeah!!!! I do have 4.10 gears and I did get a looser converter due to my turbo. Should go in on Monday to get installed. I pull heavy so I needed the looser converter. If you don't pull heavy you may be O.K. How much do you pull weight wise?
Old 03-19-2008, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Spooler
Just hang on a little while. My Goerand parts will be in Friday....Yeah!!!! I do have 4.10 gears and I did get a looser converter due to my turbo. Should go in on Monday to get installed. I pull heavy so I needed the looser converter. If you don't pull heavy you may be O.K. How much do you pull weight wise?

LOL! I hear you, but the thing is..mine are gonna be here today!! Thats why I need to know about the TC. James Northum is actually calling Dave Goerend today to see if the converter sent will work with the turbo Im getting and the gears I actually have. Dave had sent the trans built for 4:10 gears, and I found out yesterday (a day before my shipment arrives) that I dont have them, but that I have 3.73's. Hopefully they will get it sorted out for me and I will have to do nothing! LOL
Old 03-19-2008, 01:19 PM

trust me when i say this....you do not want too be running something as small as a 62 for 650hp....i did this for a year and itwas great, instant spoo-up the whole nine yards....but it ran real hot, and the turbo could not take it....infact it shattered. Nothing smaller than the 64 is in your future.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:39 PM

But I have an Auto, I know 6spd's are easier to counteract the spooling, but not as easy with an auto trans.

But Im sure your right....!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:42 PM

Do I have enought fuel with the mods in my sig to spool a 64 turbo and have minimal lag? Im in Dallas and need quick spool up. I drive the morning and afternoon grind every day. I need power on tap!

Quick Reply: Best Deal on HTT 62/71/13? and decision~