3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

BANKs & PDA or BDDL

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BANKs & PDA or BDDL

My buddy wants to trade me a new BANKs with PDA total package. For my TRIP,DOG SHOULD I DO IT!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:51 PM

uh no, stay away from banks stuff, guys will argue on this but ive heard bad stories of six guns trashing engines. stay with your triple dog. think of it this way, if it was so awesome on his trk, why would he want to sell it?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:23 PM

I dont think that a banks will trash your engine, but the triple dog will make more power than the banks will. Especially with the FREE crazy larry download.

Kevin
Old 03-07-2007, 08:47 PM

There have been a few histories of engines being trashed, I have heard of 1 that had the six gun on the truck. But I beleive when he tore the engine apart it turned out to be something else. Even if it was the banks, there was no history on the truck, was he running level six with no gauges? You can tear up a engine on any mods, but it seems when something happens to banks it gets broadcasted more. For instance everyone talks about the edge juice, but you see post after post of problems with them, but they still get recommended. I agree that you pay more for banks, then others, but there is kind of a double standard around these parts.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Banned

BullyDog!!!

Shane
Old 03-08-2007, 06:05 AM

Thanks for the help i just thought it my be a good trade mybe not Sounds like i better keep my BDDL-TRIP,DOG! That why i joined this post for peoples help and to help when i can.

THATS WHAT MAKES THIS SIGHT SO COOL
Old 03-08-2007, 06:31 AM

Bullydog Aswell
Old 03-08-2007, 07:21 AM
tcr

Keep your Bullydog, just installing that Banks will tick you off!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lrdchaos
There have been a few histories of engines being trashed, I have heard of 1 that had the six gun on the truck. But I beleive when he tore the engine apart it turned out to be something else. Even if it was the banks, there was no history on the truck, was he running level six with no gauges? You can tear up a engine on any mods, but it seems when something happens to banks it gets broadcasted more. For instance everyone talks about the edge juice, but you see post after post of problems with them, but they still get recommended. I agree that you pay more for banks, then others, but there is kind of a double standard around these parts.
has there ever been total engine failure from a Juice/Attitude?

and they are VERY common is why you hear about sooo many of them. alot of the random codes are user error....******* the truck when the juice is in warm up mode slowing allowing full juice power.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:33 PM

Like I said, was the engine failure related to the six gun??? I'm sure in your minds it probably was just because it was banks. And I don't remember anything being said about user error.....a code is a code, no matter what box it is.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:46 PM
tcr

Was this the truck on dodgetruckworld a couple years ago w/ a trashed #6 piston? I think that one could've been contributed too by the 6gun, but what do I know? Didn't banks help pay for that one after a battle? Dealer said no way because banks was left on the truck?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:15 PM

Man! I dont think i want it you guys scared the $!^# out of me! I guess thats what makes a good post (DTR) I think i will stick it out with my BDDL and MP-8 if not broke dont fix it
Old 03-08-2007, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by tcr
Was this the truck on dodgetruckworld a couple years ago w/ a trashed #6 piston? I think that one could've been contributed too by the 6gun, but what do I know? Didn't banks help pay for that one after a battle? Dealer said no way because banks was left on the truck?
That's the truck I was refering too.....Don't know what the final word was on the truck. But if I remember right there was some circumstances surrounding the usage of that vehicle. If you can find the article, and the conclusion where banks found they were at fault then more power too you......I would like to see the article, because I am looking at the ottomind for my truck.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:39 PM

this was in 2004. everybody has their opinion. im not a banks fan and trucks with huge horsepower dont have there products plain & simple. I have a friend tried to buy one for his 04 at a diesel show and the dude said I would rather not sell to you because its a joke.he had about 10 ppl with him to back up the story. and kevin is right your bully dog has more power
Old 03-08-2007, 05:03 PM
tcr

Originally Posted by Lrdchaos
That's the truck I was refering too.....Don't know what the final word was on the truck. But if I remember right there was some circumstances surrounding the usage of that vehicle. If you can find the article, and the conclusion where banks found they were at fault then more power too you......I would like to see the article, because I am looking at the ottomind for my truck.
I'm not ******* banks, my God I was happy as could be w/ my 6gun/spd ldr for over 2 yrs. I have just been able to see what others have to offer for my truck and compare these results to my results w/ the 6gun. Seeking more HP, I learned the Banks was holding me back, it wouldn't stack well w/ anything I tried so on eBay it went. I really think newer members can learn and save money where others blew lots of money. If I bought another truck today I might put the banks intercooler and hi ram on it, but I wouldn't spend any money on their electronics knowing what I know now. Some members are probably laughing their ***** off if they remember the Banks Advocate I used to be! Live and learn, right?

Quick Reply: BANKs & PDA or BDDL