3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

banks highram intake?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
banks highram intake?

i have been looking into buying this but i was wondering if any of you have heard if it's worth the money? how much is it? and is it easy to install?
Old 10-08-2004, 11:22 PM

here is a link just if you are wondering what i am talking about
http://www.bankspower.com/System.cfm...D05&sysid=SD29
Old 10-09-2004, 01:45 AM

mostly I have heard that it does not make big difference in power wise.
Old 10-09-2004, 02:52 AM

Curious about this one too. Someone on another thread mentioned a "Scotty's" brand intake. Most I've talked to say stay away from Banks stuff. The intake looks ok, functionally. You don't seem to get the big HP with Banks but it doesn't seem like you'll ever have to worry about breaking anything either - not a bad trade-off. Probably but still curious what Banks owners say - have they broke anything yet? Read about a guy with the speed loader in the six gun hit 1400 or so EGTs... Thought Banks advertised a defueling function with the speed loader that worked when you connected the pyro to it.

Curious to see what #s come from the Banks High Ram
Old 10-09-2004, 05:37 AM

Do a search here for HighRam as there was a recent discussion on this product..
Old 10-09-2004, 07:55 AM

That was me that came close with the 1370 or so egt. Count on a little gauge error in there but it only hit it for a second or 2. This is normal per the banks manual and it will defuel if this occurs longer than just a spike. If it continues to occur or continues to climb then it is nessecary to contact a Banks Rep. However I wouldnt have it any other way. I went with banks because of their customer service and the overall protection that the Six gun assembly offers. It is capable of building very impressive power especially in the rpm ranges we drive in. I was more concerned with low-mid rpm power than 2400-3000 drag racing or anything. The timing helps with egts but if you hook up to a heavy load and stand on the throttle you can overfuel the stock turbo with even the stock fuel curve. Hence EGTs get high quick. But most people do go outside and TRY to get the EGTs to climb as quickly as possible, I was....lol.
As far as the high ram goes, I believe its principle design was to reduce backpressure in the charger system resulting in easier airflow and lower EGTs, perhaps a couple of ponies but not much on the stock turbo. The scotty is not an aluminum manifold like the high ram is. The scotty or series of scotty's actually are air intake manifolds such as a K&N or PG7 but have excellent flow and do a good job of isolating cold intake air. There are several posts about them. Do a search and you should be able to find some pics to look at.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:45 AM

Its makes a bigger difference if you have a intake system. The stock air-box is joke!

There is a HP gain, and the engine just seems to be less labored.
Old 10-09-2004, 02:17 PM

yeah i have the stage II PG7 with torque tube but i was just wondering if anyone has witnessed any kind of increase in throttle responce? or lower egts?
Old 10-09-2004, 03:36 PM

I like mine, but not much power. Just a little smoother and slightly lower EGT's. And it looks great.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:35 PM

how much did you pay? where did you get it?
Old 10-09-2004, 11:08 PM

I got mine from Banks directly (about 20 miles from home)

But you can get them on ebay or a bunch of Hi-Po Diesel websites that sell Banks stuff.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:37 AM

Barrett_Fodder
Glad to here the defueling feature worked as designed. I like the fire and forget piece of mind that the Banks products have always offered. Stacking boxes seems cool and a cheap way to get HP. That broke valve, hole in the block, `04 being denied warranty coverage seems a product of too much fuel, possible RPMs, who knows. Glad to here the Banks delivers what is advertised. Leave to go pick up my CTD in 1hr - got a 5 hr drive to meet the delivery driver at 7am.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:35 AM

I do indeed have the stock airbox:

HOWEVER Im thinking there my be an issue on my EGT gauge. It is not the banks gauge but i do have it running off the banks feed from the six gun. Im not entirely sure of its accuracy I think it is reading high because my cool down temp never really drops below about 450 or so. I think the output voltage might be a little different or my gauge is freaking out on me. I am gonna swap gauges with a buddy some time late this week and see if the gauge is bad if not then ill wire it dirct and see if the output voltage is a little high from the six gun...
Old 10-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Banned

they do look good polished.. But if it says Banks it's probably overpriced and underpowered..

Quick Reply: banks highram intake?