3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

banks bighoss bundle

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
banks bighoss bundle

Has anyone installed the Banks bighoss bundle on their 06 dodge? Am looking at getting this package for my meagcab. Any recommendations? Thoughts?
Old 07-09-2006, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by megaOX
Has anyone installed the Banks bighoss bundle on their 06 dodge? Am looking at getting this package for my meagcab. Any recommendations? Thoughts?
yea, HUGE RIP OFF!!!!
Old 07-09-2006, 09:52 PM

I wouldnt do it. No way.... Banks= Big waste of money.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned

BANKS =
Old 07-09-2006, 09:57 PM

I ran banks for a few months. I liked it allot,....until I took it off!! Seriously, they make great products, well made even. I just dont think its really the best performance out there. I liked the safety features, but then other companies like Quad came out with the same features, but more. The power is better on most chips out there. Your waste gate can be modded better, for less than $10, so the big head waste gate really isnt worth it. The exhaust sounds like poo compared to Mbrp's that is made as good or better and is much cheaper. The intercooler does have some benefits, but again you can find a better intercooler cheaper from a different vendor. I agree, it is a decent package, but $$$$ cost too much compared to what you could get for the same dollar! If you dont feel like mixing performance parts, shopping around for them, or even reading up on them, the Banks might be the way to go!
Old 07-10-2006, 07:41 AM

Wow,
I sense a little Banks hate...
Well while i do agree that their are options out there that make more power or cheaper ways around making more boost or a modded wastegate. The bundle isnt a bad choice for a balanced system that will all accent one another. I myself to not have the bundle as i did the 4" exhaust before Banks had completed the first of the 6 guns for the 04s. So when they came out i bought one of the first 6guns with speedloader. I have been very happy. I have a buddy who has the edge setup on his 04 2500. We are both more impressed with the lower smoke and better fuel economy of the banks over the edge. That is about the only basis for comparison i have at the moment. But i know that on l6 i can smoke the tires on a roll at 30 mph, so that is plenty of power for me. I have a BHAF for the intake side and with that the Banks setup and the exhaust my egts stay very low, and my fuel economy is consitently around 17.2 mpg going to work which is a 50/50 split of highway and town driving. ( I dont have numbers for the install of the BHAF yet cause i did it this weekend i was running a K&N). Also my overhead has never been off by more than .5 mpg from my hand calculated numbers. in 31000+ miles i have never had any problems with the 6 Gun so i am a fan. I also know that the Quad setup is a good one, he has been a long time supporter of this sight and these trucks so props go out to Quad any day of the week.

All in all if i had it to do again i would still buy the banks. I have never heard of anyone blowing a fuel rail or grenading a turbo with it, and safety is one of my biggest concerns. Save your money though as i doubt you need the new intercooler, i dont think the aluminum intake plenum does jack until your boost is much higher and a 4" straight pipe might cost 60 bucks on a bad day. So my opinion is down with bundle but up with 6 GUN and speedloader. if you do it get the pda too or at least get a good set of gauges if you dont get the pda.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:07 PM

bbhb

Thanks to those who replied. From reading on the forum here it seems that the Bully dog and the Edge Juice are top choices. This will sound funny but I am a Ford Diesel Tech. I bought the Megacab because of all the problems I see daily with the powerjokes. (6.0). I wish Ford had the Megacab and a bad*** motor I would have bought one. So the reason for the Banks is the fact that it is safe reliable power. I have seen alot of stackers, just seems like alot of money that may not get the power and durability I am looking for. Time will tell if I find another company with what I am looking for.

Thanks,
OX
Old 07-10-2006, 11:31 PM

a friend of mine as an 06 King Ranch Dulley 4x4 with the Bank 6 gun bundle and the truck runs good..

Yet

he couldnt out run my other buddies 05 Dodge dulley 4x4 w/ just my old AFE-II on it..

They even race long distance both pulling horse trailers and again the Dodge walked the King Ranch..
Old 07-11-2006, 12:23 PM

You'll probable have to put together your own package. BD makes at lot of the same items such as the intercooler. ATS makes the air intake, lots of chips with built in safety features. Probably save a bunch of dough to boot. Good luck.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by megaOX
Thanks to those who replied. From reading on the forum here it seems that the Bully dog and the Edge Juice are top choices. This will sound funny but I am a Ford Diesel Tech. I bought the Megacab because of all the problems I see daily with the powerjokes. (6.0). I wish Ford had the Megacab and a bad*** motor I would have bought one. So the reason for the Banks is the fact that it is safe reliable power. I have seen alot of stackers, just seems like alot of money that may not get the power and durability I am looking for. Time will tell if I find another company with what I am looking for.

Thanks,
OX
the full big hoss kit just replaces unessesary stuff on the 04.5+ dodges IMO.

I mean all I have is just the juice and I don't really have any egt issues and I have more power than my stock tranny likes. so why spend $3000 and not have the tranny issue delt with.

If you have that kind of money to spend do torque converter, Valve body, nice module/programer with gauges or combo like the juice. this will make you happier and cost less money.

a dodge with a modded tranny and nice power upgrade would walk away from one with the big hoss bundle.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:39 PM

I wouldn't worry about the big hoss. Just get the 6gun w/ the PDA, straight pipe it and an intake. Save the rest for a TC and VB.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Banned

Dint count on realibality from banks, their customer service goes out the window once you buy their products. I dont have the like but there have been a few cases where their electronics damaged engines. Also Banks lies to their customer by saying it wont void your warrenty, thats complete BS, Why would someone believe banks. Off road lights have been knowen to voild DC's warranty.

I'd stay away from Banks, their are lots of better and honest vendors out there. Like its been said before Banks sell lots of useless items in there "bundle"

Go create your own system for $3,500
Old 07-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Banned

I think the best way to look at this is, Please let me know of just one person who runs Banks in DHRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REST MY CASE!!!

CRIS
Old 07-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned

If You want to Know About Banks Products Contact Us.FastTaco I loaded the 1.4 Version their is Updated 1.41.It has no new features for Dodge so Run the 1.4 until a new Version is released. Todd.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by masonic-dodge
I think the best way to look at this is, Please let me know of just one person who runs Banks in DHRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REST MY CASE!!!

CRIS
While this is true. I think banks is for the people that don't want to think a lot. The bundle takes out the guesswork for the uninformed, but I would like the functions the PDA has and thats the only banks product I'd ever buy. This is kinda dumb, but I think banks is just too big of a company to worry about us little guys . I see quad on here more than any other vendor and that tells me that he actually care if his products work well. And if they don't he's here to help out. I see quad doing well for many years to come. Who else make a monitor/controller that will let you use it without one of their boxes? AND it controlls competitior's products as well. Doesn't get much better than that.

Quick Reply: banks bighoss bundle