3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Axxess Digital Interface From Metra Electronics

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 07:40 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Axxess Digital Interface From Metra Electronics

I previously had my Sirius Sportster Satellite Radio FM modulated thru the OEM headunit (RAZ---am/fm/cd/cassette). On long trips, I sometimes found myself needing to reprogram the FM transmitter frequency due to interference from a local FM station either on or near the same frequency I was using. I found this adaptor from Logjam Electronics, but at $69.95 I felt it was too much :

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piechry02aux.html

The adaptor converts your CD changer port of any Chrysler radio with the 10 pin square connector at the rear into an auxillary input, thus eliminating the FM modulator part. Results include no reprogramming on long trips thru big cities and cleaner sound (the unit is not limited to the FM radio's frequency response). Luckily, I was able to source the same thing (only the part number was slightly changed to protect the innocent) from :

Metra Electronics Corporation
460 Walker Street
Holly Hill, FL 32117-2699
www.metraonline.com
1-800-221-0932
1-800-221-3965

and I saved about $30 bucks or so. I went to Radio Shack and picked up a 3 ft 3.5 mm jack to two RCA jacks to connect the Sportster to the CHYAUX-02 Input Adaptor.

Install only took about 15 minutes or so total.

In this pic, you can see the adaptor....on the 3rd GEN trucks, there's just enough space to bury the adaptor below the factory stereo.

You can see the adaptor's wiring (the upper most bundle of wires coming towards you) in this pic.

Greg