3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

attitude monitor or gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
attitude monitor or gauges?

whats cheaper, the monitor and mount for lets say the edge or bully dog chips, or to get the 3 gauge mounts with gauges for a quadzilla box? just wondering. thanks
Old 06-03-2006, 11:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The three gauges with pillar mount seem to add up to about the price of the Outlook Monitor I have ($340)IMHO
The beauty of the Outlook is that it allows you to "shift on the fly" your power setting. It also is capable of displaying everything the gauges can (besides fuel pressure), although it can display fuel rail pressure. It can also display speed for oversize tires.
Cheers
Mike
###
Originally Posted by 35" 05'
whats cheaper, the monitor and mount for lets say the edge or bully dog chips, or to get the 3 gauge mounts with gauges for a quadzilla box? just wondering. thanks
Old 06-04-2006, 05:19 AM

is the bully dog the only one that dislays speed?
Old 06-12-2006, 11:48 AM

I think it's a toss up. Do you want the old school analog gauge look or the new age technical computer look.

Both look good to me. 1 think to consider, is if you use a new style monitor type, it may be easier to take out before you take it to the dealer...

Also, if you want to know speed, get a GPS, that way you want be limited to only a few products and can get the exact one you want, whether it is able to display speed or not.

good luck.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:00 PM

If you're going to get the Quadzilla box, why not get their Commander, also? It will control the box and display everything a set of gauges will. I ordered the Dipricol 3-gauge package from Dieselmanor.com but sent everything back once I learned the Commander was coming out. The cost is within a few bucks of each other.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by 35" 05'
is the bully dog the only one that dislays speed?
My Attitude displays speed as well. Look here http://www.edgeproducts.com/pdf/inst...structions.pdf on page 18 for what you can monitor with the Attitude.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:22 PM

It's called an Attitude monitor and it works with the Juice. There is nothing to control with the EZ as it is just a pressure box.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there are more than a couple on the market.

bd x monitor
http://www.bd-power.com/ram/product....0Gauges&tt=ram
outlook monitor
http://www.bullydog.com/shopping/pgm...age_num=2&=SID
ts has a monitor
http://www.tsperformanceproducts.com/dodge/gauges.asp
quads new monitor (a little big and not really cool mounts yet)http://www.quadzillapower.com/commander/index.html

the attitude is just for the juice. I like my juice setup though. defuels, no power till the engine is warm, diplay's a tone of stuff. wish it did tranny and fuel pressure like the quad monitor does though. IF you don't mind a montior taped down to you dash the quads new monitor has the most features I just don't think it looks very oem. I like my mods to look factory. I am the opposite of most I don't want a pillar with a bunch of gauges like everbody else has I like them to be a little more hidden. people hardly even notice the juice in the over the mirror mount.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:32 PM

Just so you guys know we are working with a company that is making an a-pillar mount. They are just slow!

Also the Commander now has tones and audible alerts you can set.

If you wanted to use it with an EZ it will control it and de-fuel it. It will also let you set a warmup mode for cold engine protection.

Our mount is actually considerably better than the aluminum angle mount that Edge has you velcro to the dash. If you want a more permanent mount you can also use the provided screws to attach it as the mount provides hole for a permanent mount. It also swivels so that if you want to mount it near the a-pillar it will at least be straight.

Also our monitor is not really much bigger than the Attitude, the screen is just almost twice the size. We are actually thinner but we are slightly longer and slightly taller. What you have to remember is that we added the function to be able to use our monitor as a stand alone gauge as well. It does NOT have to be hooked to a module to work. There is a lot more guts to ours than the Attitude so it has to be slightly larger.

I am sure as they get rolled out there will be different mounting options, it took a while for the Attitude and it will take a few months for cool mounts for ours. Unfortunately I do not have a whole slew of mechanical engineers designing mounts.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Just so you guys know we are working with a company that is making an a-pillar mount. They are just slow!

Also the Commander now has tones and audible alerts you can set.

If you wanted to use it with an EZ it will control it and de-fuel it. It will also let you set a warmup mode for cold engine protection.

Our mount is actually considerably better than the aluminum angle mount that Edge has you velcro to the dash. If you want a more permanent mount you can also use the provided screws to attach it as the mount provides hole for a permanent mount. It also swivels so that if you want to mount it near the a-pillar it will at least be straight.

Also our monitor is not really much bigger than the Attitude, the screen is just almost twice the size. We are actually thinner but we are slightly longer and slightly taller. What you have to remember is that we added the function to be able to use our monitor as a stand alone gauge as well. It does NOT have to be hooked to a module to work. There is a lot more guts to ours than the Attitude so it has to be slightly larger.

I am sure as they get rolled out there will be different mounting options, it took a while for the Attitude and it will take a few months for cool mounts for ours. Unfortunately I do not have a whole slew of mechanical engineers designing mounts.
qzilla,

Can I order the Commander now? Are the full production units not shipping? Thanks!
Old 06-12-2006, 05:41 PM

They are shipping slowly. The next group is scheduled to go our Friday, but we may delay a day or so as the online updating is basically ready and we want them to go out with that on them.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
They are shipping slowly. The next group is scheduled to go our Friday, but we may delay a day or so as the online updating is basically ready and we want them to go out with that on them.
Okay, thank you. I think I'll wait a couple weeks then before calling Lary to place my order. I don't mind waiting to have everything in the package.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:25 PM

I have one argument for stand alone gauges...warranty. Assuming you are not running a box or have one in the vehicle when it goes in for a warranty repair then it is less likely the dealer will deny warranty if the gauges are actually hooked up. If there is a plug where the pyro used to be as well as evidence of gauges having recently been on then they will likely get suspicious and start denying warranty. If there are normal gauges and they ask it is simply because you want to monitor conditions to prevent any possibly failures that could result without having gauges.

Quick Reply: attitude monitor or gauges?