3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Any Tranny shops in Southern CA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Tranny shops in Southern CA?

Alright the time has come to replace my transmission finally. I have done a lot of research on BD Transmissions, ATS, and DTT. My question is. Is there really any big difference beside personal opinion, between these transmissions? Is there one that has a better warranty, can handle more power, and is good for 500+HP for everyday driving? Also, are there any good tranny shops in southern CA that anyone knows of?

I just uploaded pics of my tranny spread out on a bench, waiting on them to be approved.

Old 05-27-2005, 09:28 PM

I'm not in CA so I can't help you with a trans shop. Did you break your input shaft with only a BD dl? Who took it apart? I'm leaning towards DTT if I run into a problems but thats just my opinion from everything I've read.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:52 PM

I had an ATS STAGE V in my 98.5 and loved it and if you go to there website there is a trans shop in So Cal that does ATS trannies and you get a 3 yr warranty
Old 05-28-2005, 02:15 AM

Try Larry at Bellflower Transmission.Here is the link.

http://www.atsdieselperformance.com/...Bellflower.asp
Old 05-28-2005, 09:03 PM

I had Dodge take it apart, decided to see if it was something small they could fix, however, My input shaft is history and took out a few others with it.

They want $5100 to replace it. So I decided to go with a company called PPE in Fullerton. They are going to rebuild it starting Tuesday and I will have it back in two days. They are using ATS Billet input and output shafts, TC, TC controller and Valve body, but using their clutches and steel. They offer a lifetime warranty on the work and the warranty that exists on the ATS stuff. I guess Crazy Larry went crazy on it. At the time I was just driving 75 on the freeway when it broke. I am guessing cumulative damage. 21k miles before it went. I guess it is not that bad.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Banned

hey crashcade can you pm me a price quote you got and how their service is, im getting ready to do my tranny and they are near me. thanks

jake.