3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

For All You Nay-Sayers

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by matego
I ran it twice on the 35's to see just what the difference was. My 1/8 was 9.118 and with the smaller tires I was in the 8.4's

I didnt do any burnouts with the bigger tires either and tried to do a easier launch. I fear having to dish out another 1k for new tires prematurely.
I guess im going to have to find another set of wheels. Did you have any trouble getting the smaller tires to hook up?
Old 03-29-2008, 11:09 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by OldSmokey
I guess im going to have to find another set of wheels. Did you have any trouble getting the smaller tires to hook up?
Just find someone with a set of factory steelies for sale. They are usually pretty cheap. The factory BFG's are pretty hard and need a good burnout to get the rears hot and I put tire softener on them a couple of days before the drags. When it was cold (upper 30's) in the A.M. they were only getting me 1.9-2.0 60' and you could feel the whole truck scoot sideways. When the track warmed up, no problem at all. The whole truck shook pretty good from all the tires hopping. I bet my transfer case hates me right now
Old 03-29-2008, 11:21 PM

WOW man thats unreal I thought if you could really row maybe a 13.4 but you blew that # into the weeds

congrats buddy thats STRONG .......... & only running a II sps 62 single turbo

nice!
Old 03-30-2008, 12:06 PM

Nice times.....you americans are lucky.....our track doesn't open up for over a month!!
Old 03-30-2008, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ramtd02
Nice times.....you americans are lucky.....our track doesn't open up for over a month!!
We're not all lucky. The closest track to me is 3 hours away.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:03 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by omaharam
Sounds to me there is a potential for a business venture for ya'

Is there 1/4 or 1/2 mile of flat land around you?

If you build it, they will come.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
Thats still not bad....because of the size of the city, the track can be upto 2 hours away depending on traffic.....if traffic is low it is still no less than 45 minutes from my house. I live on the north side of the city and have too travel roughly 30 miles too the south, then the track is 15-20 miles out of the city.

But right now the closest 1/4 track that is open is a 42 hour drive.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Banned

Nicely done man!

IMO you're totally nuts running 75% meth though. The amount of meth probably made a huge difference on your power because the stock sticks were holding you back on fuel. I would really like to know the difference without the meth...any results?

EDIT TO ADD: 1/4 mile track is only about 5 miles from me. Oh, and it's open all year round too!
Old 03-30-2008, 03:34 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by jrussell
Nicely done man!

IMO you're totally nuts running 75% meth though. The amount of meth probably made a huge difference on your power because the stock sticks were holding you back on fuel. I would really like to know the difference without the meth...any results?

EDIT TO ADD: 1/4 mile track is only about 5 miles from me. Oh, and it's open all year round too!
When I got to the track, I blew a pass at 13.19 with the MP-8 @ 50%, strait water, SW9 tq. 4, timing 2, pres. 0 on my first run with the smaller tires.

I was blown away and as giddy as a school girl. I had it set in my mind that I WILL run a 12 sec pass. I would review my scanner after the runs and video and the smoke cleared up at about 35 PSI boost. I know she wanted more fuel and I just got the bottle of meth out and kept dumping it in. To be honest... It may have been 60% or 90% meth, it just kept going faster the more white lightening she drank.

Believe me, afterwards I felt real bad. I checked the valves this morning and paranoia is setting in. I swear I hear noises out the stacks that werent there before. I tried to ask the old lady if anything sounded different, and I am sure you know the response. It never did go over 3600 rpm but I get this way when I abuse my stuff. I know better but sometimes I get caught up in the moment and get headset on 1 thing.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by matego
When I got to the track, I blew a pass at 13.19 with the MP-8 @ 50%, strait water, SW9 tq. 4, timing 2, pres. 0 on my first run with the smaller tires.

I was blown away and as giddy as a school girl. I had it set in my mind that I WILL run a 12 sec pass. I would review my scanner after the runs and video and the smoke cleared up at about 35 PSI boost. I know she wanted more fuel and I just got the bottle of meth out and kept dumping it in. To be honest... It may have been 60% or 90% meth, it just kept going faster the more white lightening she drank.

Believe me, afterwards I felt real bad. I checked the valves this morning and paranoia is setting in. I swear I hear noises out the stacks that werent there before. I tried to ask the old lady if anything sounded different, and I am sure you know the response. It never did go over 3600 rpm but I get this way when I abuse my stuff. I know better but sometimes I get caught up in the moment and get headset on 1 thing.
Geez. Have a little self control. I have never gotten carried away like that.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:44 PM

if you get serious about the drag racing you may look into a proxes st tire. they have done pretty well on the street for my rig. I believe mike drever runs them and so does John P. on his rig. they would be good to run at the track instead of a big heavy mud tire
Old 03-30-2008, 10:32 PM

Matego what track were you at and was there an event in the area this weekend? I was up at the farm show complex last night watching the tractor pull finals. Man those things have some power. It was pretty awesome!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:37 PM

Very impressive!!!

Man I just want to be in the 13's!! Dang DD is hard to shift that fast!! 3-4 kills me!!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:54 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by dodgecowboy04.5
Matego what track were you at and was there an event in the area this weekend? I was up at the farm show complex last night watching the tractor pull finals. Man those things have some power. It was pretty awesome!
I was at Beaver Springs, pretty far from G-burg for you to drive. I am going to start going there Friday nights for street drags. I am not going to run it so hard though, maybe tune it for mid to upper 13's. From what Bob there said, I would be in the stock truck class even with all my mods. I need to try to be consistent since it is bracket racing.

The diesel drags will be in Hagerstown on Oct 18th, that is a really good event to go to. I hope Lmills will run his truck there, I want to see that thing in action.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Incredible times especially for a sixer..... but man, that much meth.... talk about advancing your timing.... OUCH!

nonetheless....

Quick Reply: For All You Nay-Sayers