3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Alcoa 22.5 questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by danimal 95
yeah i was out a couple times with ryan and his crew we went out on the highway a few times as well,but nothing went down due to the crowd following us,or close calls with the police.Same screen name there I think its just Danimal though,beautiful car BTW
Ahh yeah we usually hit the highways very late at night, seemed to be a tuesday thing for whatever reason. Streets was fun but only if we could get a couple quick cars together and break free of the ricer crowd. One of the best nights we had was myself and Paolo in the TT Viper, Ryan in his GT, Jamie with his nutty TT Stealth (that car is no joke) and Chris in his 2JZ SC300. There were more than a couple pulls that put us deep into the 200 range, and once where we said screw it, put it in 6th and went all silver state on I80 cruising over 200 turning just a hair over 4k rpm. It was MONEY.

Here's a couple pics I shot of Ryan's Murci Roadster @ the SP dyno day.

Thank you for the compliments on the car. It's been a lot of work getting that TT setup perfected but everything is coming together. I just love those cars. That one in the pic is making a hair over 800rwhp on pump gas, on a stock long block. Only has roller rockers, boost a pump, and bigger injectors. **** what else could you possibly want.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
JD- I wonder if they are working out better for you and D. Wiggs because yall have 6 speeds? Since the GS6 (or whatever the new manual is) is geared kind of low to start with.
I thought Wiggs had a 6speed? But there are many times I have thought to myself I am glad I have the 6 with these tires, rims, and the stacks.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:14 PM

I do have a 6-speed. And that what he said. You AND D.Wiggs
Old 11-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
I thought Wiggs had a 6speed? But there are many times I have thought to myself I am glad I have the 6 with these tires, rims, and the stacks.
Oops sorry Displaced I misread your post, I would have to agree with you. Knowing what I know now I really don't think I would put those rims and tires on a truck with an auto.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Banned

With the 6 obviously you have alot of low end torque I remember with my old truck that had a good auto I would have to smash the fuel to get a big load moving. When I put the 22.5 on my truck I really diden't notice much diff and actually liked them because it made my truck feel heavier, with the stock rims and tires my truck felt so light with all the power I had. Also I woulden't put 7" stacks on a auto truck because it is harder to control rpm range to keep the drone down.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:32 PM

With the 6 obviously you have alot of low end torque I remember with my old truck that had a good auto I would have to smash the fuel to get a big load moving. When I put the 22.5 on my truck I really diden't notice much diff and actually liked them because it made my truck feel heavier, with the stock rims and tires my truck felt so light with all the power I had. Also I woulden't put 7" stacks on a auto truck because it is harder to control rpm range to keep the drone down.
Very True. It seems like the truck body is way out beyond the stock wheels and tire, but with the 22.5s, the base feels so stable. Also, I can only imagine the spinning problems I would have with light, small wheels, given that I can light up my tires in 4 of the 6 gears and 5 of the 6 in any kind of wet conditions!
Old 11-20-2006, 03:12 PM

dearden and wiggs,

your gear ratios are still the stock 3.73 with 6-speed or did you guys change those out too?
Old 11-20-2006, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by darrenb
dearden and wiggs,

your gear ratios are still the stock 3.73 with 6-speed or did you guys change those out too?
Stock 3.73s that are now 3.19s with the 22.5s.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by darrenb
dearden and wiggs,

Mine are 3.73 and it works really well for me on the highway I don't even need to go to 6th because my gears are so tall.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:24 PM

Mine are 3.73 and it works really well for me on the highway I don't even need to go to 6th because my gears are so tall.
You ever consider a super-single, like the bridgestone 445/50 ?
Old 11-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
You ever consider a super-single, like the bridgestone 445/50 ?
Ya I have, my buddy has one on his truck and I can't decide if I like it or not. I hear the weight rating is the same and all that and that it performs good in snow.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:35 PM

Ya I have, my buddy has one on his truck and I can't decide if I like it or not. I hear the weight rating is the same and all that and that it performs good in snow.
It really does do well in the snow? That was my concern. Do you have any pics ??? Can you get any ?
Old 11-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
It really does do well in the snow? That was my concern. Do you have any pics ??? Can you get any ?
Ya I could get you some, I will let you know.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:49 PM

Thanks JD-You hoser!
Old 11-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quick Reply: Alcoa 22.5 questions