3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Alcoa 22.5 questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good.

And ya'll are exactly right about the gearing. My buddy put 22.5s on his F-350 and could barely pull our horse trailer up our drive way loaded. It was sad to say the least.

Anyways, I too would like to hear about the ride......

B
Old 11-12-2005, 05:50 PM

Where did you guys get your wheel adapters and how much if you dont mind me asking. Im kinda thinking of doing theis as well.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:59 PM

I got mine from www.chromewheel.com but I do NOT recommend them by any means. A 2 week delivery took over a month and got the run around every day from them (just out right lied to me). The tires came pre-balanced with Equal packets that I have not read anything good about and I see why. The tires had horrible out of balance vibration so today I installed a set of Balance Master balancing rings that everyone raves about. The vibration is still there. As much as I love the looks and tons of attention, I am begining to think this was a bad idea.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by IsItFast
I got mine from www.chromewheel.com but I do NOT recommend them by any means. A 2 week delivery took over a month and got the run around every day from them (just out right lied to me). The tires came pre-balanced with Equal packets that I have not read anything good about and I see why. The tires had horrible out of balance vibration so today I installed a set of Balance Master balancing rings that everyone raves about. The vibration is still there. As much as I love the looks and tons of attention, I am begining to think this was a bad idea.
Unfortunately I have to agree... although I found Bernie at Chromewheel to be excellent to deal with. The whole friggin thing was a loss..... I am back to stock and lovin it!!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 06:11 PM

d-hlaw, arent you a member of offshoreonly? If so Im Liquid Asset from there
Old 11-19-2006, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by 05-6X6
d-hlaw, arent you a member of offshoreonly? If so Im Liquid Asset from there
You guys are on OSO? I mostly lurke around there, been enjoying following the turbine Y2k buildup.

I'm RogueGTS there, and on a couple Viper forums.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:54 PM

dhlaw,

what size rim and tire and lift height is used on that white truck? do most people think that a truck setup like that is a bad investment due to ride quality? either way it it looks really good!

darren
Old 11-20-2006, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by darrenb
dhlaw,

what size rim and tire and lift height is used on that white truck? do most people think that a truck setup like that is a bad investment due to ride quality? either way it it looks really good!

darren
Try this link should help you with all your questions. I love mine! Only problems I have seen is the breaking nothing major! One of the best investments I have made is the 22.5 wheels!

http://theduallystop.com/store/trucktech.php
Old 11-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Banned

Ok I am reading alot of bs here first of all I noticed a very slight diff in power with mine and I pull 20k, with no problems. Also braking is not quite as good but I have had to make sudden stops on the freeway and haven't had a problem. My gearing is great this is why I got them at 80 mph I am at 1900 rpm's. Balancing is not a problem I have no wheel wobble at all you do not want equal in all of them it will not work, you want to do weight balancing all around, I did do equal in my outer rear because I diden't want big weights right on my rim.

These rims and tires are great for pulling very very stable, the overall ride of the truck is a little less forgiving but not bad.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tiny Ram
You guys are on OSO? I mostly lurke around there, been enjoying following the turbine Y2k buildup.

I'm RogueGTS there, and on a couple Viper forums.

you the same rogue gts from chicago svt??
Old 11-20-2006, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by danimal 95
you the same rogue gts from chicago svt??
Yes Sir
Old 11-20-2006, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tiny Ram
Yes Sir
so are you from the chicago area?any links to your car?
Old 11-20-2006, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by danimal 95
so are you from the chicago area?any links to your car?
No I live in SoCal fulltime. I was back there for a couple months visiting friends and working on a couple freelance projects though. Thats where I met up with SVTdubs and all those guys.

You ever make it out to streets or anything? We had a couple TT Vipers out running around on a regular basis, mostly doing the late night 200+ tollroad runs.

My car isn't anything special, just a solid red 01'. Here's a pic of a car in Elburn we built. I'm sure you've seen the other pics, Eric was whoring them all over the internet for a while.

Do you have the same screen name over there too?

Old 11-20-2006, 12:21 PM

yeah i was out a couple times with ryan and his crew we went out on the highway a few times as well,but nothing went down due to the crowd following us,or close calls with the police.Same screen name there I think its just Danimal though,beautiful car BTW
Old 11-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Banned

JD- I wonder if they are working out better for you and D. Wiggs because yall have 6 speeds? Since the GS6 (or whatever the new manual is) is geared kind of low to start with.

Quick Reply: Alcoa 22.5 questions