3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

AirDog or Mitusa

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Riflemanusmc
All right men... need your NBA. Thats a no bull assesment between the two. From a first time buyer...........Its my money thats looking for a call..
Yeah Riflemanusmc...like chrleb1 said...it's all about what you plan on doing to your truck...

If money is your major concern, leave your truck stock, seriously...it has been said many times, but you gotta pay to play...

A stock truck can blow up at any given point in time, and when you start to modify your truck, your chances of it blowing up increase ten fold.

Like said above, the AirDog is great with their warranty and provides good filtration for mild to moderately modified trucks...

So, with that being said...what do you want to do with your truck?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:50 AM

Perma-cool

Originally Posted by Bswope
U can get a Permacool filter setup at Jegs for like $42 but i wouldnt use the Permacool filter, just use the base and get a filter from Opie. He has filters that will fit the Permacool base.
Tim Barber has a p/n to a Fleetguard base that will accept a 2micron filter but hasnt posted the p/n yet!
Summit has it a couple dollars less. I've been running this kit in front of the cp3 and the filter & water separator in the rear for the past couple years and have had zero problems with dirt in the fuel. I run the 2 micron in both and it has NO restriction on fuel flow.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
Summit has it a couple dollars less. I've been running this kit in front of the cp3 and the filter & water separator in the rear for the past couple years and have had zero problems with dirt in the fuel. I run the 2 micron in both and it has NO restriction on fuel flow.
Check out this thread https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...rmacool+filter. This is why i want to run a Fleetguard filter, small piece of mind!!
Old 11-30-2008, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
Are you saying you are running the stock filters that come with the Permacool setup?

Having one just outside of the tank, and up by the CP3 does sound like a good piece of mind...

Check out this thread https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...rmacool+filter. This is why i want to run a Fleetguard filter, small piece of mind!!
Yep, that is the thread I was talkin' about yesterday!

I wonder if that was an isolated instance, though?
Old 11-30-2008, 01:06 PM

Money is not the major concern. Reliability is. I work in Gillette WY. Live just west of Billings MT. Three and a half hour drive, one way. HP can/will be in the very near future. Dont want to get stranded because of a bad pump. I'm at 87000 on the stock pump now, and know I'm on borrowed time.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:38 PM

Money is not the major concern. Reliability is. I work in Gillette WY. Live just west of Billings MT. Three and a half hour drive, one way. HP can/will be in the very near future. Dont want to get stranded because of a bad pump. I'm at 87000 on the stock pump now, and know I'm on borrowed time.
The AirDog replaces your stock lift pump, and gives you some added filtration to go along with more fuel.

The Mitusa pump still relies on your stock (or whatever you have) lift pump to prime the system, then when it reaches 12K psi(i could be wrong about these exact number)a Hobbs switch turns over the fueling duty to the Mitusa...

So, in reality of it all, if your lift pump that comes from the tank, whether it be stock or AirDog/FASS style, you are pretty much stranded!

But, if something should go wrong with your mechanical fuel pump (i.e.Mitusa/FuelBoss) your lift pump from the tank will still get you where you need to go...

Correct me if I'm wrong or left anything out...
Old 11-30-2008, 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=megacabdad;2297417]The AirDog replaces your stock lift pump, and gives you some added filtration to go along with more fuel.

The Mitusa pump still relies on your stock (or whatever you have) lift pump to prime the system, then when it reaches 12K psi([SIZE="1"]i could be wrong about these exact number)[SIZE="3"]a Hobbs switch turns over the fueling duty to the Mitusa...

So, in reality of it all, if your lift pump that comes from the tank, whether it be stock or AirDog/FASS style, you are pretty much stranded!

But, if something should go wrong with your mechanical fuel pump (i.e.Mitusa/FuelBoss) your lift pump from the tank will still get you where you need to go...

Correct me if I'm wrong or left anything out...Thanks Mega. I'm not the type to get caught up in the latest and greatest. Just dead reliable wins me over every time. Being a former CAT wrench, I look at all the pro's and con's before I jump in the pit. Thats one of the reasons I am a member here. You Men know what you are talking about and can/will prove it. That and being a FORMER Marine, Im fairly bull(dog?) headed about wanting the facts.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:26 PM

[QUOTE=Riflemanusmc;2297450]
Originally Posted by megacabdad
The AirDog replaces your stock lift pump, and gives you some added filtration to go along with more fuel.

The Mitusa pump still relies on your stock (or whatever you have) lift pump to prime the system, then when it reaches 12K psi([SIZE="1"]i could be wrong about these exact number)[SIZE="3"]a Hobbs switch turns over the fueling duty to the Mitusa...

Correct me if I'm wrong or left anything out...Thanks Mega. I'm not the type to get caught up in the latest and greatest. Just dead reliable wins me over every time. Being a former CAT wrench, I look at all the pro's and con's before I jump in the pit. Thats one of the reasons I am a member here. You Men know what you are talking about and can/will prove it. That and being a FORMER Marine, Im fairly bull(dog?) headed about wanting the facts.
For about a year now the Mitusa is sold as a stand alone pump. Though there are still some that request having an electric backup.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:31 PM

[QUOTE=OPIE;2297519]

For about a year now the Mitusa is sold as a stand alone pump. Though there are still some that request having an electric backup.
So...the stock system is no longer used at all?

Kind of why I started this thread...

Updated information...
Old 11-30-2008, 03:55 PM

Here is a link to a write up on this system https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ghlight=mitusa just so u fellas can see what it looks like installed!
I posted this in another thread also.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:06 PM

Hey Buddy!

That thread is from 06, and it says exactly what I was talkin' about...using the stock stuff, the switching over at 12#'s.

If I understand OPIE correctly, they don't do that anymore
Old 11-30-2008, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by megacabdad
Hey Buddy!

That thread is from 06, and it says exactly what I was talkin' about...using the stock stuff, the switching over at 12#'s.

If I understand OPIE correctly, they don't do that anymore
Yeah the Mitusa comes as a stand alone as Opie said,(primes itself) i just wanted to show ya what it looks like. As Opie said some still choose to have the electronic back up. But the system comes with a extra belt, in the unlikley hood of a belt failer all u have to do is put the new belt on and your back up and running, simple and clear as mud!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:29 PM

Right on!...
Old 11-30-2008, 04:38 PM

Yeah the Mitusa comes as a stand alone as Opie said,(primes itself) i just wanted to show ya what it looks like. As Opie said some still choose to have the electronic back up. But the system omes with a extra belt in the unlikley hood of a belt failer and even then all u have to do is put the belt on and your back up and running, simple and clear as mud!
Hell YES!!!!! Finally! The answer I was looking for! So Opie is saying that you DON'T need the factory lift pump? And his will take care of the lift pump problems? Hell if thats the case I can change the belt in the snow...

Ya know this whole thread could have have stopped on the first page with your 411. Oops sorry, Your information. Thank You Bswope for clearing up my question...
Old 11-30-2008, 04:42 PM

How much is Opie's??

Quick Reply: AirDog or Mitusa