3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

500-550hp!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 500-550hp!!!

Ok guys 05'-06' engine, twin turbos. What else do I need for 500-550hp that is reliable and steady? All the vendors have different opinions and I'm having a tough time weeding through them to get the info I need. I just want steady strong power for street and towing that's reliable. Some reccomend injectors (60HP) who makes the best ones? Fass 150/150? Downloads? Stacked? Thanks in advance for your input!

1Coyote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Banned

Just copy what is in my sig. You don't need twins to get 500 and you don't need to stack chips. Keep in mind though you will either need a clutch or built tranny to get this stuff to the ground.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:22 PM

The Crazy Larry make awesome power but isn't it really high pressure though? High rail pressure will kill your injectors eventually even if they are honed out...

And yes, even my little SO makes 500hp with a nice single charger....
Old 07-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
The Crazy Larry make awesome power but isn't it really high pressure though? High rail pressure will kill your injectors eventually even if they are honed out...
Well when that happens I will put some bigger ones in, no big deal ya know.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:33 PM

You already have better injectors according to your sig. DonM said that it doesn't matter if the injectors are honed out or not, high pressure will do damage to them eventually.
I hear what you are saying though. GO OR BLOW!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
You already have better injectors according to your sig. DonM said that it doesn't matter if the injectors are honed out or not, high pressure will do damage to them eventually.
I hear what you are saying though. GO OR BLOW!!!!!!!
I realize the twins aren't needed to accomplish the hp, just my preference. Once I put it together I don't want to mess with it too much...just want reliability. I want the injectors, trying to find someone who makes 60 hp for these late motors. As for the rest of it there are so many opinions, it's hard to dig through it all.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Banned

You are right It just depends on who you talk to, every guy on here will swear by his setup which is fine that the way it should be. Industrial Injection can modify your stock injectors to what you want. They also make a good turbo along with some other companies. If you do twins you will have to mess with studs, gaskets, and so on. Just keep in mind you are dealing with a Cummins 800 horsepower is reliable if it is done right.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:52 PM

Yup. Injectors are hard to find for the 06s...
Twins are great for the quick spool-up but I just didn't want to spend all that extra cash. I'm happy where I'm at, finally. I am thinking about a 5" exhaust and water/meth injection though..
Old 07-06-2006, 06:51 PM

hey zilla what fuel system you runnin?
Old 07-06-2006, 06:59 PM

FASS 95gph pump and stock CP3. I also have Don M's injectors...
Old 07-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Chapter President

I'm at about 560hp with the mods i have in my sig. Run consistant high 12's in the 1/4mi. and tow a Jeep Cherokee roch crawler all over the country. Probly got here cheaper than most. Got some really great deals in the process and jumpen on them to save $$$. Are you sure you want to drive around all day everyday with this kind of power? Or do as most, and have things turned down during everyday driving and adjust skyward for the kills? Jus wondering, cause with this much power, forget about driving in the rain. I love the power mine makes when cranked, and with practice is fairly contrlable, but it's crazy sometimes and I like the adjustability the electronics offer. I don't know if I would want this much driving a 12v where you have no choice but to have the power all the time.

Just some things to think about
Old 07-06-2006, 09:49 PM

go with Bullydog triple dog and a TST. If you want reliablity then go a single and not twins. You'll be at 575 easy with a Silver bullet from Industrial injection. You don't need inj. on an 04.5 and above at the 600 hp range. If you have an auto, and you throw a turbo on, make sure you go with a triple disk and a billet flexplate. If you feel the need to go injectors, then be reliable and get Don.M's injectors. He uses blanks and are much stronger and cleaner than others.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Reb.B
go with Bullydog triple dog and a TST. If you want reliablity then go a single and not twins. You'll be at 575 easy with a Silver bullet from Industrial injection. You don't need inj. on an 04.5 and above at the 600 hp range. If you have an auto, and you throw a turbo on, make sure you go with a triple disk and a billet flexplate. If you feel the need to go injectors, then be reliable and get Don.M's injectors. He uses blanks and are much stronger and cleaner than others.
Other than expense, how could twins create "less" reliability?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:31 PM

twice the amount of hoses to blow off, twice as many turbos to fail, higher strains placed on engine just for the increase in power, youll be tempted for more and could lead you further down the path of the dark side, :darthvadersmiley: etc..
Old 07-06-2006, 11:46 PM

When i called ATS today they said i needed to get a better or bigger CP-3 pump, i have NO CLUE what this is..

I told them i wanted to make 600hp..

I was thinking of running twins, but i dont know.. Its a daily driver and it gets driven ALOT.. I think i am gonna wait till there Aurora MST (Multi Stage Turbo) to come out and give it a shot..

I'm not into drag racing, i got a turbo mustang for that..

Quick Reply: 500-550hp!!!