3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

5-6" lifts available?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Tire Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5-6" lifts available?

Well, looks like I'm getting a lift for my truck. I was looking into several, but it seems 4wheelparts doesn't have any good ones, or at least any long-arm versions. I'm looking for something that has a nice ride. My one concern is that with my heavy winch bumper, the front will still be 2" too low, in which case I'd have to run a leveling kit ontop of the springs! heh. If anyone has experience in 5 and 6" lifts, and any side effects (vibs and such) any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:07 PM

I don't think your bumper will effect the ride height. When I stand on the front of my truck...plus my Ranchhand Pusher...it does not even move one bit. I weigh 200...pusher ways more than me.

My recomendation...Tuff 4.5 or 6 with Bilsteen Shocks.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tuff country makes a 6"
superlift makes a 6"
skyjacker makes a 5"
procomps makes a 5"

there are others but these are the lifts I evaluated. I went with a 9.5 wheel so I wanted 6" lift because I hate tire rubbing.

superlift comes with front springs, tuff country does not. neither come with rear springs.

skyjacker comes with fairly complete but it is only 5".

pro comp is 5" but it is like the tuff country uses spacers.

I read about some issues with superlift people so my choice was the tuff country. As new as the truck was I just did not see the need for springs yet. people like the skyjacker because it comes complete but you can buy front and rear spring if you want for any of the kit. the skyjacker is like 5-600 more than the tuff country so you are paying for the springs. Eventually I will get kore billet up shock mounts, front and rear springs, and fox remote resivoir shocks when the new has worn off my truck. I have no vibrations or anything.

I think 6" is mandatory for 37" tires and your bumper. even then you may have an issue. I am unaware of anyone who makes lower control arms for 8" of lift. I have only seen 6" and 10"
Old 09-29-2005, 12:44 PM

I can only speak from experience for two lifts. One is a Tuff Country 6", I helped install one on my father's 03, tooks us a while but it is rides nice and looks great w/ the 37's.

Another lift I worked w/ was a 6" Fabtech, nice kit overall. I'd say it was equal w/ the Tuff Country, instalation wise, ride wise, ect.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:10 PM

BDS is advertising a long arm lift kit, not sure on the height but it looks nice.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Berak
BDS is advertising a long arm lift kit, not sure on the height but it looks nice.
Yes you should be our guinea pig John with the BDS kit. I wish Dick Cepek would just make their long arm kit for the 3rd Gen's. BDS kit looks good, just wondering why they keep the top arm at the stock location. Here is a link to it if anyone wants to see it. I going to order 35 inch pro comp muds since they are buy 3 get 1 free in Oct. I want something that articulates like the 2 gen long arms did.

http://www.bds-suspension.com/suspen...s_12dodge.html
Old 09-29-2005, 01:58 PM

I had a 4.5 tuff county lift on the 04.5, and I went with a Superlift 6" on the 06 with the bilstein upgrade and it is night and day between the two. The superlift rides better than factory. We did have to fab a two inch spacer on the carrier bearing. Check out my gallery for the new lift.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Banned

I like my skyjacker lift kit. It says it's only a 4.5" but it's really more like a 5". Rides great, drives great, looks great, flexes good, does everything I want it to.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:44 PM

i have a superlift 6in i love it no noises or vibs or nothin the ride is better then stock there is a pic in my gallery of it
Old 09-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Banned

Somebody buy my 4.5" Skyjacker lift... I haven't even put it on yet... and I'll buy the BDS long arm lift and be the first to try it out.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:51 PM

i have the leveling kit from these guys. they also have a 5"-6"
topguncustomz.com They sell on EBAY as well
Old 09-30-2005, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by kawiram
i have the leveling kit from these guys. they also have a 5"-6"
topguncustomz.com They sell on EBAY as well
they are just selling other peoples stuff. that is a 6" tuff country lift.

they do have some accesories that are made by them it looks like.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by 05mxdiesel
Yes you should be our guinea pig John with the BDS kit. I wish Dick Cepek would just make their long arm kit for the 3rd Gen's. BDS kit looks good, just wondering why they keep the top arm at the stock location. Here is a link to it if anyone wants to see it. I going to order 35 inch pro comp muds since they are buy 3 get 1 free in Oct. I want something that articulates like the 2 gen long arms did.

http://www.bds-suspension.com/suspen...s_12dodge.html
Lower frame mounts look kinda cheesy....and it comes with some nice oversized bed springs to hold up the front end. Uppers are too short as well.

Looks like a great pavement queen kit....
Old 10-05-2005, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Cowhand
Lower frame mounts look kinda cheesy....and it comes with some nice oversized bed springs to hold up the front end. Uppers are too short as well.

Looks like a great pavement queen kit....
Compared to your DT radius arms and brackets they look flimsy and cheap. You have a nice rig man.

Quick Reply: 5-6" lifts available?