3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2006 Mega Cab lift???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cowhand
Hmmm.....let me read my sig again.......nope. No KORE stuff. Wow, and I did mine after KORE/T-Rex without any help from the KORE gang.

Putting the parts together isn't hard, neither is ordering them. The hard part is getting all the parts to work together like they're supposed to.

Saying the only thing missing from a racing suspension is the coils is
Shock size and valving are just as important if not more so, and that's where the money is in Carli, KORE or any other performance system.

And FYI, Fabtech and RockKrawler both make off the shelf crawling kits now.
I think you understood me wrong. The only thing that KORE or Lorenz, Carli sells that I cant buy elsewhere are their coils. I could build my own trick suspension if I knew what specs my coils need to be and someone to build them. I have a pair of front leafs being built at Deaver for my Toyota, I sent them my current pack and their going to make some adjustments. I guess they could also build some 5" coils for my dodge but that would be hard and take lots of $$$ in R&D. I just wish Lorenz would build a 5" IR coil That would be sweet.....

I dont know why the major players in racing suspension dont step up like the other companies for for Ford and Chevy. Donahoe and Others have 5,6,8 inch Racing suspension, wile us dodge guys are stuck with meesely 3"
Old 06-08-2006, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by BigDan
I think you understood me wrong. The only thing that KORE or Lorenz, Carli sells that I cant buy elsewhere are their coils. I could build my own trick suspension if I knew what specs my coils need to be and someone to build them. I have a pair of front leafs being built at Deaver for my Toyota, I sent them my current pack and their going to make some adjustments. I guess they could also build some 5" coils for my dodge but that would be hard and take lots of $$$ in R&D. I just wish Lorenz would build a 5" IR coil That would be sweet.....

I dont know why the major players in racing suspension dont step up like the other companies for for Ford and Chevy. Donahoe and Others have 5,6,8 inch Racing suspension, wile us dodge guys are stuck with meesely 3"
Ahhh.......that's where you're off. The coils are easy, you can have any coil manufacturer build them. There's no rocket science to the variable rate coils, it's basically a dual rate coil. Alot like a dual rate coilover without the slider. The trick is determining the rates you want. You can do what one of the vendors did and just copy as close as you can another vendors design The trick is in the shock valving. If you can valve 'em, you're set, if not you've just wasted alot of money on some really nice shocks that won't work any better than your average set of Bilstein 5100's.

The "IR" coil is worthless hype unless you're using most or all of your travel and you have alot of it. I don't think you're gonna see much if any difference with only 9-10" of travel.

As far as Donahoe and others having 5,6 and 8" "racing" suspension.....I don't think you'll see anybody actually racing with one of these bolt on kits. What they are is reasonably well engineered lift kits with nice shocks that are valved to work with the spring rates the manufacturer specifies. Donahoe builds there own shock now, and sources their springs from Deaver. It works well because Kreg (or someone in his outfit) did the R&D on the shock valving and spring rate to achieve a desired result and then had the parts built to their spec. Fabtech is doing something similar with their Dirt Logic line. You'll probably see more manufacturers jump in with performance SD suspension becaue the market is alot bigger for SD's than it is for Dodge....compare the number of lifted SD's to the number of lifted 3/4ton+ Dodge trucks. Lifted SD's are a dime a dozen down here. The market just isn't as big for Dodge performance suspension.

You can set up a performance suspension at +6" ride height, I did and mine works great. Just gotta know who to talk to....
Old 06-08-2006, 11:02 PM

I've got the 6" Superlift on my pavement queen with a manual transmission. I got mine with the bilstein option from superlift and it rode really good with 35's. Not much stiffer than stock. The 40's make it ride better on some things like concrete highways and very rough roads, but I feel the basic pothole city road a little worse. Overall, I've been pleased with it.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:12 PM

I forgot to mention that I had to modify a bunch of stuff to clear the 40's which added to the decreased ride quality with the bigger tire, i'm sure. But it really was nice with the 35's. My brothers 4" front/4" rear Superlift rides awesome, even while towing on 35's. He got the 4" blocks from the 6" kit for the rear to make the truck sit level while towing.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:31 PM

just installed 3" procomp on my mega cab, be prepared to adjust your center bearing hanger and angles when you lift it, had bad shake off take off.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:45 AM

the 40s look great
Old 06-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Banned

unruly...truck looks great, but i see you too are in great need of a set of long arms!!

later, dustin
Old 06-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Banned

Krawler Suspension

Well if you want an 8" suspension and don't main paying a small fortune for it...........check out that link above.

~Nick
Old 06-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Banned

This is how 40's are done

Whis I could take credit but I have to tow w/ my rig, that and it would look funny on a short bed

Old 06-13-2006, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by lightening ram
just installed 3" procomp on my mega cab, be prepared to adjust your center bearing hanger and angles when you lift it, had bad shake off take off.
PICS?????????
Old 08-04-2006, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
I forgot to mention that I had to modify a bunch of stuff to clear the 40's which added to the decreased ride quality with the bigger tire, i'm sure. But it really was nice with the 35's. My brothers 4" front/4" rear Superlift rides awesome, even while towing on 35's. He got the 4" blocks from the 6" kit for the rear to make the truck sit level while towing.
I was wondering what kinda light bar is that on the red dodge??
Old 08-04-2006, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by 2006 MEGACAB
I was wondering what kinda light bar is that on the red dodge??
same here, also, what size tires and what kind of wheels on the RED DODGE.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by VikingDiesel
same here, also, what size tires and what kind of wheels on the RED DODGE.

No, No, No.

Lights, lightbars, wheels, tires, lifts will all SLOW you down. We are spending too much time making you go fast to do this!

Shame shame.

Oh and go to bed. Its late.

Sorry for the useless post and waste of bandwidth, but I should get 1 every now and then.

Quad
Old 08-04-2006, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
No, No, No.

Lights, lightbars, wheels, tires, lifts will all SLOW you down. We are spending too much time making you go fast to do this!

Shame shame.

Oh and go to bed. Its late.

Sorry for the useless post and waste of bandwidth, but I should get 1 every now and then.

Quad
Agreed, tires and wheels and lift=NO NO, but I definetly need a nice light bar/brush gaurd with about (4) lights
Old 08-04-2006, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by VikingDiesel
Agreed, tires and wheels and lift=NO NO, but I definetly need a nice light bar/brush gaurd with about (4) lights
I really like the daystar one you should check it out
http://63.134.214.215/html/mainpage/index.htm

Quick Reply: 2006 Mega Cab lift???