3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2 Thumbs up : Relentless Diesel in Willis Tx

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:54 PM
DWK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 Thumbs up : Relentless Diesel in Willis Tx

A few weeks ago I spoke with Chris at Relentless Diesel about options for my auto transmission, since I was planning on going bigger on power.
Chris took the time to talk to me about what I was wanting to do with the truck and offered several suggestions.
While talking with him I felt really comfortable the he knew his stuff when it came to our transmissions. I came on here and asked about them. I heard nothing but good. I asked around a few people I knew and they all spoke highly about him. I looked at this web site and the truck videos and know he knows how to build these truck up.

Yesterday I finally got my truck to his shop. My first impression of the shop was it is a small mom and pop type operation. The shop was clean and Chris was burried in a truck pulling a head, so I dropped the truck with his wife and left. She and I had spoke on the phone and she knew what I was looking to have done. We had decided to have him drop the valve body, do his magic, adjust the second gear band with a new filter and fluid.

I got to thinking about it this morning and called to have his wife tell him the filter and fluid had a couple of thousnad miles at the most on it. Instead of her answering, Chris did. Again he took the time to go through all of the things I had done and expected to do to my truck mod wise.

The whole time I was on the phone with him I felt guilty because I knew he had a shop full of trucks that needed worked on. He never once hesitated to answer any question I had. He took plenty of time and assured me he would do what he thought was best for my transmission, but would re-use the filter and fluid if he felt they were OK.

About 3:00PM his wife called and said my truck was ready. I wasnt sure if I could get there before they closed, so I told her it may be Friday before I could come. Well as luck would have it I found a ride but it would be after they closed. I called and paid for the work over the phone and they left my truck out front with the key locked in it.

When i got there I opened the truck and to my suprise their was a typed note from Chris. He told me all of the things he found in my transmission and all of the work he had done. He also explained the holding pressures on stock and approximately what they were now. He went further to explain when he drove my truck he found I had my Bully Dog on the low end power settings. He explained how the transmission pressure ramps up and how he had re-loaded my tuner without the low end power.

I drove the truck and immediately felt the huge difference in my transmission. I guess I never really knew I had a sloppy shift but after driving it I guess it was pretty loose. The shifts are now firm but not teeth jarring. The power comes on smooth and strong.

Anyways sorry for the book but for Chris to go to the extra steps he did to take care of me desreves a major shout out and thank you. If I have any other work done I know where I will be going.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good deal. I hear nothing but good out of Relentless.

MikeyB
Old 02-27-2009, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Always good to hear good feedback on someone in the diesel community, actually gives you a place to take your truck to without worrying about it.
Its nice that he did what you wanted, even checked everything out and didnt try to push parts or lie to you like you needed them.
Harder and harder to find a good shop to go to as time goes on...
Old 02-28-2009, 04:28 PM

Someone ask Chris to have a bar-b-que. You guys can show off your trucks and I can eat hot dogs. Besides I need a mechancial fuel pressure gauge and I am looking for options. It is Spring like weather here and it would be a beautiful day.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:34 PM

He's great to deal with. He's a mechanical engineer I think.

I talk to him quite a bit when I am around since we is both aggies. Heck he actually inspires me to go out and do something besides sitting in an office all day.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:03 PM
DWK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
He's great to deal with. He's a mechanical engineer I think.

I talk to him quite a bit when I am around since we is both aggies. Heck he actually inspires me to go out and do something besides sitting in an office all day.

No kidding!!!! Wow