3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

{{{{ List: Any mods you regret...HONEST}}}}}

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I wish I would have just left the leveling kit on , and not done anything else.

It looks cool , but it`s a money pit , and is not near as reliable as a stock truck...
Old 10-23-2008, 09:10 PM

Wow cool thread I am going to have to say go with a SB DD sprung hub. Everyone is saying that Smarty is the way to go;I will have to research that one a bit more. I regret the Edge EZ, found out that is what made my injectors go out;to much pressure. Regret the Ranch Hand Replacment bumper dont need, and it is for sale, anyone interested pm me. have not even come close to a deer yet, because the truck is so loud lol. Other than that the truck is awesome.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:31 PM

What's wrong with your clutch? Too much for your application? (I just bought an OFE after slipping the stocker with CL)
Old 10-23-2008, 10:04 PM
trx

Fisherguy its about time you got that clutch...J/K Your going to love it, you'll be able to put the pedal down now!!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:27 PM

My stocker's holding up pretty well actually.
Just slipped for the first time a while ago on the freeway in 6th going about 100 KPH, revs at 1800 running CL, gave it a bitta throttle to get ahead of a guy who was merging and it slipped. I knew it was time and got a great deal from Peak Diesel, good guy!

You going to Dyno Days Saturday?
Old 10-24-2008, 01:20 AM

Cant remember if I posted on this one yet...dont think so.
Quad RP/FP guage, RP guage never worked and quadzilla was no help

Howards turbo timer, said it would go on a 06 but it would just cut the fuel and kill the truck

Walbro 392 pump, ate one in 8K miles and the second one couldnt handle over 650HP
Old 10-24-2008, 03:08 AM

Clutch is just right.

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
What's wrong with your clutch? Too much for your application? (I just bought an OFE after slipping the stocker with CL)
No South Bend is awesome dont get me wrong there. Just be prepared for alot of clutch. The clutch pedal feels as heavy or heavier than the big rig I use to drive lol. I think South Bend is the way to go awesome products.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:27 AM

That's okay, I think the factory clutch is kinda mushy, a little too much on the soft side but we'll see...
But I think your 3850 DD is in a whole different league than my OFE..?
Old 10-24-2008, 07:26 AM

Edge juice, Ez edge, Bully Dog, Superchips, Quadzilla.

I regret cleaning out the stock cat, the empty can seemed to restrict alot. Replaced empty can with a 10" muffler, and turbo spool improved.

Air bags, a waste of money for me.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:34 AM

REGRETS: traded my 06' 5.9 Mega for this 07' 6.7
Old 10-24-2008, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
That's okay, I think the factory clutch is kinda mushy, a little too much on the soft side but we'll see...
But I think your 3850 DD is in a whole different league than my OFE..?
I will say that you can tell a differance for sure. You will have to do an upgrade on the hydraulics also and still you will catch yourself after a long day at work, pressing the clutch pedal in and your leg jumping a little from trying to hold it for long time at a red light. Awesome clutch. Peter at South Bend really knows his products.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Old Hat
REGRETS: traded my 06' 5.9 Mega for this 07' 6.7
Ouch...you in the runnin for the top ten...don't worry I on there too...I bought a 03' 6.0l furd....yeah you read that right...ugh
Old 10-25-2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Swayse

I regret cleaning out the stock cat, the empty can seemed to restrict alot. Replaced empty can with a 10" muffler, and turbo spool improved.

That's why you beat out the cat, then run the pipe THROUGH it and weld it up so it looks correct...lol
Old 10-25-2008, 10:20 AM

Yo VanillaGorilla...what kinda power you makin bubba? How you like that 66? Are you not running a programmer or pressure box? I wanna see...sound cool from sig!
Old 10-25-2008, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by XXLTEXAN
hey tcr...what about volant? I always thought it was overpriced jewelry but they are making deals like everyone else cause of the econ...I like the looks of it more than the others but does it preform?
I think it comes with a AFE PG7 filter nowadays. I put some vinylshine on mine before selling it, and it looked like new. Only reason I sold it was for not fitting my twins and the Old filter.

I regret i got the Amsoil 4510 and the Icebox.
4510 seemed to be good for easy maintance, just blowing it of with light air, but now I have collapsed 4510. I´m never going to get the filter clean with light shopair. I noticed that when I cleaned the old Volantfilter before I sold it.
There where tons of dirt flowing out of it when rinsing it with water. And air would never do the job.

Icebox was poorly packed and had a couple of shippingdents. The Powdercoat come off and it started to rust almost imidiate. Some of the welds looked horrible and was burnt through the steel.

Quick Reply: {{{{ List: Any mods you regret...HONEST}}}}}