3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

{{{{ List: Any mods you regret...HONEST}}}}}

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rhino Lining

Originally Posted by D45
I have had Rhino Linings all 4 previous vehicles, with great results.

I am not sure what spray-in bedliner company I will use for my Ram.
My RHINO lining has been great but is starting to show a little fading, but that was something I expected to happen.

I have a VIPER 720 series alarm installed that included a Automatic Engine Disable (AED) feature. I had to remove that feature because my truck wouldn't start on occasion (it would click a few times and eventually start, almost like the starter was faulty). I also added a Pioneer Z-2 double din entertainment system (CD/MP3/DVD/Blue Tooth/Navigation). It works really well and I'm very happy with it but it throws some codes to the onboard computer because the onboard computer doesn't recognize it as the stock (doesn't activate the MIL).

I was thinking about a lift, but I think I'm only going to go bigger on the tires. I read somewhere on here that 305s were the biggest without needing to do anything to the suspension or ride height, correct?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by warriorboomz33
My RHINO lining has been great but is starting to show a little fading, but that was something I expected to happen.

I have a VIPER 720 series alarm installed that included a Automatic Engine Disable (AED) feature. I had to remove that feature because my truck wouldn't start on occasion (it would click a few times and eventually start, almost like the starter was faulty). I also added a Pioneer Z-2 double din entertainment system (CD/MP3/DVD/Blue Tooth/Navigation). It works really well and I'm very happy with it but it throws some codes to the onboard computer because the onboard computer doesn't recognize it as the stock (doesn't activate the MIL).

I was thinking about a lift, but I think I'm only going to go bigger on the tires. I read somewhere on here that 305s were the biggest without needing to do anything to the suspension or ride height, correct?
Check the yellow wire near your starter. You can usually see it through the drivers side wheel well. Lots of them come from the factory with that yellow wire touching a metal bracket. The wire eventually wears through and grounds out preventing the starter from engaging. Could be the reason for your starting issues.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:02 AM

My regrets list is somewhat short, but I regret even thinking about the Transgo shift kit.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:22 PM

LOL. Awesome thread!
Old 01-02-2008, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by belgianmagic
No-one on here have one LARGE hole in there bed from stacks ??
not any more lol
bought a new truck No more hole.!!!

Ok i Admit ive Again thought about them stacks on this one,,,....
Thinking Ill just go with stainless, side pipes.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Always a day late, and a dollar short.

Went with a HT turbo, cause the guy at sales said everything else was bunk. Wanted to go w/ ATS aurora 2000.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:44 PM

20" wheels & 35" tires. Killed my fuel economy.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:20 AM

Update.

My MBRP 5" straight cut double wall tip. Should of got the rolled tip since the tapered look of the double wall is always black from soot and looks like the cheaper $19.95 tips

I wish the red LED's on my line of fire would turn off when in reverse.

Instead of a nice strip of white LED's, it looks like red and white striped candy cane.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by drillpipe
Biggest issue is cracking injector lines, and oil leaks. My engine has a lot more vibration in it now and this is becoming more of a problem, 2 so far. Also, front and rear main leak.
weird, mine runs smoother now. oil leaks are probably from blowby trying to escape places other than the tube...you need more ventalation. let me know when youre ready to start sellin stuff...

my regrets...buying a 2nd gen. buying a manual trans, in a 2nd gen.
on the CR: my new injectors are too big, thats a free fix though, custom paint cuz i have to clean the thing now, and not buying an 04.5 is about all at this point.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:13 AM

Not special ordering. Wound up with a bunch of crap I have no use for, like PW, PDL, Keyless entry, drop-in bedliner. Should have got Espar heater and Jake, and bare bones crank windows and regular button door locks. At least I managed to find one with rubber floor mats instead of carpet, and an 8' box. Would have got the 6 spd too.

Best mods so far? High idle and 2 way remote start. Cold weather kit, & oil sump heater. Haven't gone to a programmer yet. No need for it. (yet) Will go to a much more agressive tire when these wear out.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:44 AM

Stock Navigation system. The thing is not user friendly, expensive to update. My Nuvi 350 runs circles around it!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:26 AM

my biggest regret are my projector headlights that the halo's burned out after two weeks and i could never get lined up right and started falling apart.....other than that im a happy camper i just wish i wouldnt have bought my ps3 and i phone and spent that money on my truck lol =)
Old 02-06-2008, 12:14 PM

i regret my helo Maxx 8's. there a pain in the ........... truck doesnt get drivin in the winter and the chrome is cheap on them. keeps pitting and corroding next to the spokes of the wheel. already had 2 replaced. the chrome is so thin on them when u get in the right light you can see a copper color ring in the wheel like you can see through the silver layer. i had a set of 16" helo 6's on a 85 chevy, and then 2 toyotas after. they were prolly 8 years old and never had any trouble with them, so i think the plating division has gotten lazy. and cheap
Old 02-06-2008, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransGo shift Kit- should have went with Goerend VB right away. By the time i had the shift kit installed and all the messing around to try to get it calibrated, waste of time and money.
4" MBRP Exhaust- should have went with the 5".
4.5" Tuff country Lift - Should have went with the 6".
Buying a truck with 3.73 gears not 4.10's.

Not waiting till now to buy my truck. Buying it back in May of 07, I spent an extra $3000 in exchange to US dollars because i bought my truck in Missouri.
Now could have bought a lifted 05 for the same dough.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by belgianmagic
No-one on here have one LARGE hole in there bed from stacks ??
lol...i have had the hole for two days...but I will repair it in another 5...

regret the money wasted on filling jarring, loud, obnoxios stacks

Quick Reply: {{{{ List: Any mods you regret...HONEST}}}}}