3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Programmers/Monitors

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Programmers/Monitors

I've never run a programmer on my truck before. Now that I have the new 6.7 I would at least like some sort of monitor to check what the EGT and such might be. I'm not real keen on installing a bunch of guages so the monitor would be best for me. The truck performs great and has adequate power for my purposes. I'm not looking to smoke tires or anything like that.

Any Suggestions on programmers,monitors or controllers. Not sure what to call them.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bob T
I've never run a programmer on my truck before. Now that I have the new 6.7 I would at least like some sort of monitor to check what the EGT and such might be. I'm not real keen on installing a bunch of guages so the monitor would be best for me. The truck performs great and has adequate power for my purposes. I'm not looking to smoke tires or anything like that.
Any Suggestions on programmers,monitors or controllers. Not sure what to call them.
Edge Insight!! Plugs right into the OBDII port under the dash at your pedals. Same port dealer plugs his STAR Scanner into. If ya want the EGT's though, you're gonna have ta' drill for the extra thermocoupler cable. However, clearing the little yellow beady eye-ed CEL is a snap, plus ya might even get a report from the Insight that tells ya why the CEL went off. No personal contact with Edge other than a satisfied customer.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:06 AM

so it doesn't poop out the CEL code? You have to extrapolate on your own from the engine data what may have set it off?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bob T

You may want to consider the Quadzilla Commander. You can buy them at a pretty good discount right from this website. I think I paid $300 and that includes the thermocouple for the EGT's. Other than drilling and tapping for the thermocouple its a very simple install. If Quadzilla comes out later with performance or fuel economy modules for the 6.7 you can upgrade the Commander to use them.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by tinkerin-w-stuf
so it doesn't poop out the CEL code? You have to extrapolate on your own from the engine data what may have set it off?
No you just hit "Clear Codes" and the pita CEL is gone!!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:00 AM

I think Bully Dog, or one of the other major companies, has a programmer/monitor setup that gives you readings from the factory pyro sensors so you don't have to put your own probe in...
Old 04-20-2008, 08:47 AM

The Insight will read the Pyros near the DPF.