3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

program for exhaust brake?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
program for exhaust brake?

[QUOTE][/I just talked to my tech and yes it does have to activated at the dealership. I asked if there were any other items that could be "unlocked" and he said there is another one that makes the exhaust brake more aggressive. I'll have both of these done next week or the week after-
QUOTE]
I read this on another forum is anyone know of this exhaust brake program?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:06 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Only if you have the switch in the dash! Also the update to make the exhaust brake more aggressive is actually to help with the regens as well. I don't think it actually makes the exhaust brake more efficient or work better.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:09 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

However after reading the info on the TSB for the reflash, it doesn't specifically say ANYTHING about the exhaust brake. It may or may not make a difference, have to be your own judge.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by vzdude
Only if you have the switch in the dash! Also the update to make the exhaust brake more aggressive is actually to help with the regens as well. I don't think it actually makes the exhaust brake more efficient or work better.
Can you explain what you mean about the switch in the dash?
Is this the latest reflash? or the same reflash for the excessive soot accumulation rapid response 07-021.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:19 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

The switch in the dash for the exhaust brake. 2nd switch on the bottom from the left in the picture. When did you have yours reflashed. This update just came out in the last 2 weeks.

NUMBER: 18-009-07 REV. B
GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: July 13, 2007
Old 08-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vzdude
The switch in the dash for the exhaust brake. 2nd switch on the bottom from the left in the picture. When did you have yours reflashed. This update just came out in the last 2 weeks.

NUMBER: 18-009-07 REV. B
GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: July 13, 2007
vzdudue, how do i find out when there has been a new TSB or revision issued for my truck. Sorry don't mean to jump off the subject, just concerned with keeping everything up to date.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:32 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

It is hard really, without reading the ECM part number with a scan tool there isn't anyway to know for sure. I told my customers when I worked at the dealer to "remind" me to check for updates about once a year or so. I was very dilligent about checking for TSB's and updates whenever a problem came in. It is easiest to let someone esle do the diagnosing! That and I always got a little extra time on the ticket paid for by warranty to update any of the modules.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:36 PM

I had mine reflashed june 30, I guess there is a new one, VZ do you still have my vin?if you do, can you check if my truck needs to be done.
Thanks
I have the 2nd switch not sure about the 1st one.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:38 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

1st one is for heated seats. Need the actual part number from the ECM to know for sure. Vin # wont help on this one unfortunately. I would have to say though, by the dates, you should have it done again. I'll go look at the numbers compared to the rapid response bulletin though.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:48 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

After looking, I would definately want to have the flash done again. The dates are far enough apart, and "when" you had yours done, there should be another update. Worst part may be talking your dealer into doing it! Most should comply because they are getting paid for it anyhow! Looked again, and the latest update is actually for Cab and Chassis vehicles. The latest for the other 3500 models was June 28th. You may be o.k., but I'd rather be safe than sorry! All depends when the latest update was released to the dealers! The revised TSB was dated June 28th, but who knows when it actually made it to the dealer's computer!?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:51 PM

Thanks again VZ I know the dealer was getting their lastest software last week so I'll check it out for sure!
Old 08-05-2007, 04:02 PM

VZ what was the update that was released on june 28 for the 3500 non cab and chassis? any details.
Thanks
Old 08-05-2007, 06:48 PM

[QUOTE=caper11;1633433]
[/I just talked to my tech and yes it does have to activated at the dealership. I asked if there were any other items that could be "unlocked" and he said there is another one that makes the exhaust brake more aggressive. I'll have both of these done next week or the week after-
QUOTE]
I read this on another forum is anyone know of this exhaust brake program?
Hey Caper. It was me that posted that thread on the other forum. It has nothing to do with the latest flash. My truck has/is up to date with the most recent flash. I'll take it in next week to get this done along with the fast idle and the tire size so the speedo is correct. I just asked him if there were any other things that I should be aware of that were out there for our trucks and that's what he mentioned-

BigD
Old 08-05-2007, 08:40 PM

[QUOTE=BigDBP;1633701]
Originally Posted by caper11

Hey Caper. It was me that posted that thread on the other forum. It has nothing to do with the latest flash. My truck has/is up to date with the most recent flash. I'll take it in next week to get this done along with the fast idle and the tire size so the speedo is correct. I just asked him if there were any other things that I should be aware of that were out there for our trucks and that's what he mentioned-

BigD
Yah I know, the discussion about the exhaust brake program got overshadowed with discussion about the latest flash I wanted to know if anybody else had this EB program done because I would like this done to my truck as well, I have the fast idle program already and you will be pleased with it, let me know how the exhaust brake program works for you and how mush they will charge you.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:14 AM

Already asked him. It's 1 hour labor. 20-30min to do-

BigD

Quick Reply: program for exhaust brake?