3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

New 6.7 flash

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2rowdy
Can anyone come up with something to take to the dealer or a number. Just more than telling them I read it on the internet. I called my service advisor and he didn't know, said he would ask one of the diesel techs.
Here is a number from the TDR, 55350235AU. Hope this helps.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:19 PM

Latest Reflash #

According to info from another source , the newest REFLASH # is
55350235AU.......check with your dealer on that one!
Old 09-05-2007, 06:02 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^ That is just the number from the ecm that will get reflashed. They can put that number in the star scan and find an update. It does not work on all ecm's. Worst part is ...so far there is no tsb to reference....hence no number for the dealer to "look up".
Old 09-07-2007, 09:04 PM

Somebody must have info on these updates, should a fellow get these done anyway or wait? any help with this would be appreciated
Old 09-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Banned

I was waiting to get a few miles on the truck before saying anything.

i drove it about 30 miles today (mostly city) and the overhead was dropping fast! using it only as an estimate this flash did not do chit! I originally thought the EGTs were lower but I'm not so sure now. anyway I'm back down to my pre flash average of 12 ish on the overhead and 10-11 in reality. after only 50 miles.

i dont think dodge will do anything and now more than ever with Nardelli running the show.

reseting on the highway driving with the service mgr got it up to 19 down hill with a tailwind but as soon as you get off the highway it drops BAD!

this just sucks! i really love this truck and have spent a small fortune getting it set up the way i wanted it but this horrible fuel economy is ruining it bad!

at 1.25 a gallon this would suck but not be the end all but at 2.91 it is not good!

well im done for now...chris
Old 09-07-2007, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by metalaram

i dont think dodge will do anything and now more than ever with Nardelli running the show.
Just give him a chance, he could do a great job for all you know.
Just look at Mac computers when they said they were going to use intel processors everyone said that was the end of apple computers. (that was just an example on how wrong we can be sometimes)

You could have 50 reflashes done but with an airlift and an extra 50 gal tank and bigger tires, it go's without saying that you are not going to get good MPG with all that extra stuff.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, all this reading of bad fuel economy, clogging DPFs, etc. is not making my day. We have an 07.5, only has 2800 miles on it now. So far, no DPF problems for us, and 17MPG. It's my Wife's grocery-getter so I'm waiting for the DPF to clog
Someone needs to get on the ball with these and come up with a simple program that will do away with this mess and address things like the DPF, EGR, and those 'extra' fuel injection events that do nothing other than waste fuel out the exhaust and dilute the oil. After all, it's just a computer, right?
Old 09-08-2007, 08:14 AM

I'm getting 17 (hand calculated via gps with 5700 miles) and have had no DPF problems ..but I'm running ULSD and have not had one drop of LSD in the tank, which I feel is the biggest problem on the DPF that people are reporting.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Banned

Dodge man and fflary. I am having a hard time deciding who between the two of you is the more presumptuous and biggest pompous ***!

read up on Nardelli and what he did at home depot before you open your mouth! he cost cut that company into the ground. he screwed the investors the employees and the customers and then walked with 210 million but yea dodge man he is a really great guy. (story on the front page of TDR if you don't believe me)

all the extra stuff on my truck? an airlift system weighs about 20-30 lbs tops and is there only IF i need to tow something. the fuel tank half full weighs about 350ish pounds and the 2 inch larger all terrain toyos?? the difference is so small if any and would be off set on the highway. ( I am not running 40 inch muds)

so it is the less than 400 lbs on a 7000 plus pound diesel truck that has taken 5 mpg away???

then their is Mr superior fflary who is the only one in the country that has access to ULSD. the rest of us are dumb hicks that are to stupid to know the difference. and ff do you know me?? where and how i drive??.

my DPF clogged while still on the free tank of fuel from the dealer at 350 miles! explain that Mr know it all. was that my fault also????

just because your trucks are not having problems you feel the need to come on here and feel better about yourself by pointing your finger at me and the rest of us that are having issues??? do you two feel like bigger better men now.

who made people like you not only know it all experts but gods gift to all of us???

I may get in trouble with the mods for this but i am so sick of certain kinds of people acting the way they do when I am just sharing info with others not looking to being put down and treated like im stupid.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:46 AM

calm down metalaram. I dont think he is necessarily pointing the fingers at the owners. I think and this is how i feel also, that the problem is sometimes with the fuel, BUT I DO BELIEVE YOU ARE FILLING UP WITH ULSD, or so the pump is marked anyways. I truly believe you when you make sure that the pump you fill up says ULSD, but unless you do a fuel annalysis everytime, you could be getting some stragely messed up fuel. But i doubt thats the case for you since your mileage doesnt flucuate it sounds like. But i think that is the reason for some other ppls problem.

I myself am very surprised at your mileage b/c at 740 miles i am getting around 15mpg hand calc'd and that 50/50 hwy/city. I think there are some issues with your fuel system or something for you to be getting such horrible mileage
Old 09-08-2007, 12:35 PM
zxa

Originally Posted by fflarry
I'm getting 17 (hand calculated via gps with 5700 miles) and have had no DPF problems ..but I'm running ULSD and have not had one drop of LSD in the tank, which I feel is the biggest problem on the DPF that people are reporting.
you understood everything............

most of people doesn"t check what they put on their tank....
Old 09-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Banned

Its the way they say things and also why person after person posts on these threads with nothing helpful to say just that they don't have any problems and I/we must be doing something wrong.

i am not the only one with these problems either. i may be more vocal about it but i am far from the only one. yes fuel has at times been an issue but that is mostly gone now.

does anyone want me to believe that every station in the Denver metro area has a sticker saying ULSD but is still getting LSD from some mystery source and that it is a big conspiracy/cover up to screw us ram owners???

I understood these things happened early on but ULSD has been out for over a year and except for a few places in BFE i don't think it is a problem any more.

I would like to know if Mr fflary tests every gallon of his fuel before he pumps it since he is SO sure he has never had a drop of anything but perfect ULSD!

also no one has ever told me why my truck clogged at 350 miles?? so the dealership gets bad fuel too??? explain that fflary you are the expert.

yes riddler i am a little ******! I want answers or at least understanding not big head nonsense opinions from rude know it all people.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:22 PM

calm down metalaram, I just said to give the guy a chance just like you would want a second chance too. I have found that bigger tires (even if it's 1" inch) take away 1.5 - 2 MPG and these trucks have more power so you lose an extra 1 - 1.5 MPG and if you don't drive them nice (like gunning it from a stop) it makes you lose anther .5 - 1 MPG.

I hate to say it but it sounds like you expect the new reflashes to get you up to 18 - 20 MPG and it's not going to happen.

I am sorry to hear about your problems and hope they get fixed but problems happen in Dodge, Chevy, Ford and (HUH! toyota ).
Old 09-08-2007, 01:52 PM

well metalaram i know you arent the only one with those issues. I think it really sucks for ya. I would definitely be ****** if i had a truck that i absolutely loved but couldnt afford to drive the **** thing b/c it got such horrible mileage. I havent had any of those problems yet but i sure am parranoid about it. It just blows me away that there are some of you that have so many problems but the truck still runs great and no one can track down the exact cause. Really hope it works out for ya in the end. If the 5.9 would have been available with the 68re i def would have gotten that combo just cause, but i have no regrets about my purchase at this point.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Banned

I have been babying this truck trying to get better mileage and nothing works.

I have had bigger tires on 2 of 3 of my past rams and have not seen a 5 mpg decrease not even 1 but that is just my experience.

and no i do not expect re flashes to get me to 18-20. i never got that much from any of my trucks even the 01 6 speed with 100 less HP and no emissions stuff so i don't expect it from this one. but i don't think an average of say 15 city/highway is to much to ask. 10-11 is bad no matter how you look at it.

and again i am not the only one getting this bad mileage!!!!!

we will see about nardelli. he is taking this job for the power not because he can not live off the hundreds of millions he acquired from H.D.

Riddler i would have loved a 5.9 68re that would have been

Quick Reply: New 6.7 flash