3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Light throttle stumble - 6.7

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Light throttle stumble - 6.7

I have about 600 miles on the new ride and am experiencing a bizarre condition with my truck. At low throttle settings while cruising anywhere from 20 to 50mph the truck will stumble and buck before accelerating. It reminds me of a very lean condition at slight throttle opening that when the pedal is depressed to increase speed the truck stumbles/shudders and then accelerates away. Anyone experiencing the same condition??
Old 07-10-2007, 07:34 AM

Yeah, me too. Thought maybe it was me. Almost like it doesn't want to lug right off idle. If you find a reason for it, let me know.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just had my 2007 6.7 CTD's computer reflashed this morning (1600 miles). It made quite a difference in the engine's performance. It has more pep and appears to idle somewhat smoother, too. I don't know if that will fix your problem but it's certainly worth the effort.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:57 PM

Me three...happened twice on the 250 mile drive home from the dealer last week. Probably roughly at about 45-55 mph, light throttle tip in, and the whole truck shuddered and bucked. The first time only for about 1.5 sec...the second time for about 10-12 sec. I thought it felt like the trans couldn't quite get in gear...or the torque convertor was shuddering. It was quite disconcerting considering I'd just driven the truck off the lot about 4 hours beforehand. My truck was built on the 14th of June, so it had Rev A from the factory. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:00 PM

Mine does it to and its a 6 speed.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:43 PM

mine does it... Feels like the drive by wire has a lag in it.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:45 PM

I just got mine on Tuesday and it does the same thing. Only has 82 miles on it. It's a 6 speed also. I'll fill in my sig when I have time.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:50 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It's probably getting a heavy dose of EGR. So much that it barely fires. My TDI does it too, when the engine is cold and at light throttle. It also does it after a hard acceleration and then backing off too settle in at highway speeds. Stumble, stumble. I hate it.

John
Old 07-14-2007, 12:46 PM

I have the 6.7, 2000 miles, electric blue 2500, laramie, mega, 4X4.

I have had the same problem and was realy bummed to get this problem with under 1000 miles. After reading this message string, brought my truck right over to the dealer. The service guy mentioned there was a Rapid Response Recall due to these problems. The fix, he says will be to re-program the computer as the current settings are too rich and then to replace the catalytic converter.

I am also getting a loud clunking when shifting from nuetral to park, reverse to neutral etc. Anyone else getting this? I am getting this with no trailer connected.

I am also getting tons of fan sound when the AC is on. No AC, no fan sounds. The AC doesn't really blow cold even in the early AM or late PM.

Will be dropping off my baby sunday night and will post what the outcome is.

Brand new to this site and look forward to learning more about this truck from you guys.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:06 PM

Call from friend

Just got a call from firend in Houston. Same truck, less mileage, same problem, but dead on the road, and really bummed. Dealer went to pick it up and converter clogged. Cat converter stocks extremly low due to RRR and will have to get one from a new truck on the lot. Dodge will have to move fast on this issue.

More later as situation develops.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:01 PM

hey maineram, i have an 05 so i dont know much about the emissions but i had that same clunking sound in the drive line and it turned out to be the drive shaft. my dealer said that those aluminum drive shafts have two layers. one on the inside and one on the outside and the inside layer was broke. dont know how cuz i dont pull anything but i was and they put a whole new driveshaft in it. anyways you might think about getting that looked at.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:48 PM

Thanks, I'll remind my dealer to check the driveshaft.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:58 PM

All,

Just got my truck back. They re-programmed the computer and it seems to be running better. They did not change out the catalytic converter as I anticipated.

The transmission noise needs to be looked at bu their tranny guy who was not in. They did admit that the noise conveys a problem but they don't know what it is.

Fan noise with the ac on is normal according to them.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:32 PM

Worrisome for me here in the back country.

This is the reason I moved from Ford to Dodge several years ago. Reliability, dependability and avoiding the expensive, time consuming necessity to travel over 150 miles to town to fix problems, recurring or otherwise. The trucks are too expensive to put up with it.

I'm planning on buying an 08'. But, I won't if they don't get this problem fixed. Maybe stay with the 06' and skip the 08' model year until it's sorted out, completely.

My 04' and 06' have been such great trucks.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:50 AM

Our's does that to.. It is a 6sp. I am thinking it might have something to do with the EGR? The code p245a?

Quick Reply: Light throttle stumble - 6.7