3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

1st CEL-no codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st CEL-no codes

Just gotten our first cel on the 09. Turned the key over three times, shows done but cel does not go off. no codes came up. The overhead shows system ok. Truck currently has 6262 miles on it and has had a 4 horse gooseneck on it for all but 1000 miles. Is this something to worry about, we were heading to Oklahoma next week in it not to mention what we have going on before we leave. Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by cginwyo
Just gotten our first cel on the 09. Turned the key over three times, shows done but cel does not go off. no codes came up. The overhead shows system ok. Truck currently has 6262 miles on it and has had a 4 horse gooseneck on it for all but 1000 miles. Is this something to worry about, we were heading to Oklahoma next week in it not to mention what we have going on before we leave. Any ideas are appreciated.
Get the dealer to check it with the hand held anyway CEL's come on for a reason, I had a problem with the regen events on my truck after the G30 recall there were no codes using the key trick and no cel but I know something was wrong took it to the dealer and there was a list of stored codes that showed up on the hand held.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:54 PM

I just drove about 30 miles and kept it between 2500 and 3000. Truck ran fine and cel still on with no codes. I dont think this truck has had a regen yet. I was thinking that it was due to the fact that it is always pulling.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:30 PM

Talked with two different dealers today. One of them told me even though the cel is on, using the odometer to pull codes wont work. I even went to autozone to purchase a code reader so I can see what is going on and we ended up calling the manufacturer to figure out which one will work and they said that none will, they are locked out. Dealer only! So unless I spend $3000 on a top of the line unit, I wont know when I leave my fuel cap loose. I tried my OBDII and it wont link up. Sounds like a good time to purchase a programmer, after I get finished at the dealer.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:18 PM
cnp

Originally Posted by cginwyo
I just got my first CEL yesterday at about 9300 miles. Same situation as you. I took it to the dealer this morning and he pulled a P2020 code (NOx absorber threshold), and said I must have put some high sulfur fuel into the truck based upon his examination of a fuel sample.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:20 PM
cnp

Originally Posted by cnp
I just got my first CEL yesterday at about 9300 miles. Same situation as you. I took it to the dealer this morning and he pulled a P2020 code (NOx absorber threshold), and said I must have put some high sulfur fuel into the truck based upon his examination of a fuel sample.
Whoops! I meant to say a P2000 code.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:53 PM

Truck went to dealer this morning, after i changed fuel filter and air filter just in case. They said something with the egr valve jacked up and they have to change it out, but it let alot of stuff by so they have to do a full cleanout which takes 2 1/2 days and they cant get to it till tuesday. After a brief choice comments they are tearing it down tommorrow and i should have it back tues night. what a pain. i thought they had all this figured out. sorry i dont remember specific details. but it sounds like the normal issue. i am seriously thinking of unplugging egr going to oklahoma.Dealer did say that none of the dpf was plugged or in need of cleaning, so i guess my theory was at least correct about how it is used. I did finally get a P0406 to pull up on odometer, but wait the dealer said you cant do that!