3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Starting

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting

In the last few weeks I noticed it takes more cranking to get the engine started. I don't keep on the starter until it starts. I twist the key and let it go like I have always did. If it don't fire, I do it again and it starts. I also noticed, when it's really cold sitting in the parking lot all day. Some times it starts right up like always, but it sometimes doesn't fire on all 6 . It takes about 3 to 5 seconds and it clears up. I'm thinking INJECTORS!

Any takers on this one, if my CP3 is not up to par. Will I get a code? The banks iQ should show something if the pressures are not where they belong. My iQ came up with the crankshaft sensor, and some weird code, a sensor under the batteries. I forgot what it said, I cleared it and it never came back. I did replace the crank position sensor (CPS)

I Replaced the filters, gave it a heavy dose of injector cleaner. It did do better with my fuel mileage, and it seems to be a little better in the 2200 RPM range with the injector cleaner. Normally you can hear and feel the lack of power above 2200 RPM's. If I just let it grow up to 2500 RPM's without pulling hard, you can hear the popping out of the exhaust. At one time of day I thought it was tight intake valve or valves. that wasn't the case. It's poor fuel delivery, or bad fuel delivery. Meaning the injector spray is not as it should be. I have 161,000 on the engine and I doubt if the injectors were ever replaced. At one point I laid into it in 5th gear, when I reached 3000 RPM's it would actually miss and buck. That never happened before. Then again I don't run the engine like that on a normal basis. Still it shouldn't do that, it supposed to be a nice even pull. Even if it just flattens out because of the governor. I'm just uncertain on my call, on the next fuel up. I'm going to give it another good dose of injector cleaner. Run that for 500 miles and see what happens. If you can think of something else. Let it fly,All replies are welcome, thanks in advance,

Anthony C