3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

My warranty is gone

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My warranty is gone

I don't know who has followed my posts but I wanted to start another one to let all of you know how bad I was treated. I have had auto tranny trouble since I got my truck in August. It was getting worse as time went on and my dealer kept saying nothing was wrong and gave all kinds of excuses. I made countless trips and calls trying to get them to fix it. They seen that I hated this auto and thought they could get me to trade again. I was then advised to get it declared a lemon. The dealer then wouldn't even acknowledge any problems and it got so bad and hot that it boiled my tranny fluid and most of it blew out over the road. All they did then was pull the pan and get a fluid sample and say that I put something in the fluid. They then voided my entire power train warranty. I checked I am flagged for it. I did not do anything to my tranny and my truck has only got 8k miles. My truck will be tore up now for 2 weeks this Monday. How can they do this to people? I plan on fighting it. Can anyone help me here or have ideas?
Old 05-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Banned

man im sorry. thats crazy. while its broke down you should park it in front of the dealership with lots of signs advising what terrible service they have and how they treated you. as before get a nasty bulldog lawyer and samples of the fluid yourself to have it tested. youve tried being nice, now play a little rough, what can they do to you now since they took your warranty?

brett
Old 05-27-2007, 08:18 AM

I would try to find some "contact" number at Chrysler for customer service and start writing letters to Chrysler. If you complain to the right person, they might help you out.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You have been given tons of great info on your other 2 posts, please follow some of it. Sounds like you are getting a bad deal but now it's up to you to get it fixed, you have the advice, just follow some of it with your lawyer, as they are your best source of advice. As long as you wern't bombing it it would be very hard (as long as you haven't touched the tranny and only they have done anything to the fluid during your repair requests) denying your warranty and voiding it unless you are only giving 1/2 the story. What have you done to cause any problems??????

Not being critical but need the answers to the above......
Old 05-27-2007, 09:21 AM

That sucks BIG TIME. I would go and talk to a lawyer for sure. Before you do that go down to a local parts store and look at different kinds of tranny additives to see if says anything about meeting manufactures specs. If they all do buy them and take them with you to the lawyer. I would even phone or email some of the additive manufactures and see what they have to say about what happened to your tranny. And like rustyshakelford said get a sample of your tranny fuild and have it tested.

2003 qcab sbox full gauges
Old 05-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Banned

Get a lawyer...what are you waiting for???
Old 05-27-2007, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm on my 2nd tranny and now it going down hill but my dealer is good about the best i advise that i can give and that has been giving is get a lawyer it is the best thing you can do and try to find one that deals in this stuff if possible also contact your state gov for lemon law requirements and get some contact names from them. because i can tell talking to dc is like talking to a rock
Old 05-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Banned

Oh, contact the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). I'm pretty sure they deal with issues like this and DC will definitely listen to them...

...but get a lawyer anyway on Monday morning!
Old 05-27-2007, 11:28 AM

If your truck is stock as your sig implies, then you will have tons of ground against them. If you however have done some bombs or are using a box, good luck. As far as the fluid in your tranny not being right, if they are the only source of the fluid, then again, it is on them.

I would be getting in touch with DC to sort this out. I owuld write them a letter, send it sig required so you can prove they received it. I would state VERY CLEARLY in a chronological order what has taken place, visit after visit to the dealership, you should have evidence of this in invoices. I would then tell them in no uncertain terms that if this is not resolved in a given time period (say 2 weeks) that I would be engaging an attorney and after that point ALL their efforts would be managed via the attorney. Takes you completely out of the picture for contact purposes and puts you on the correct plan to get more positive results. A dealer by themselves cannot flag your truck or warranty, it does take a DC rep to do have that occur. That same rep MUST also interact with you in this process according to the law.

I would also get in touch with an attorney, and have that attorney advise me of the CORRECT way to proceed as not to risk any more problems arising, that minor fee and advice just might solve your troubles. I would then notify my states attorney general's office and take whatever steps they advise.

If you come off as truly meaning business regarding all of this you may get better results more quickly. You should also get another dealership involved, more of an independent from your current situation. And last but not least - actually is the most important - don't loose your cool, stay calm, be precise about your needs and intentions, make no derrogatory statements, etc. There IS ome validity to using sugar vrs vinegar in these situations.

CD
Old 05-27-2007, 02:31 PM

I have a lawyer. The dealer told me I shouldnt have gotten one. See thats when the voided my warranty. I sware that havent done or put anything or additave in the fluid. The truck is stock no boxes. I bought one for it but I was having so much trouble with it I never used it thankgoodness. The dealer sent all this bull to my lawyer. Also they was kicking on my bed and that I towed to much. The rep told her that my truck was only allowed to pull 10150. When I bought the truck I was told it was around 15950.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:38 PM

I wish you the best of luck man. I’ve read your other posts. You are going to have to fight for this one. You need to figure out exactly how much you were towing/hauling and how much the truck is really rated for. Hopefully your lawyer can help you put together a good case.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:45 PM

I am working on that now and its looking good. I got fluid samples also. I am afraid where they are try to cheat me so bad that they put something in it.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kev94mx
Also they was kicking on my bed and that I towed to much. The rep told her that my truck was only allowed to pull 10150. When I bought the truck I was told it was around 15950.
15950 may be max for a drw reg cab sb...

Dodge's Towing guide on the web for 2006

I made some assumptions, not knowing how your truck is set up:

2006 dodge ram pickup 3500 3500 SLT, REGULAR CAB, 2WD, 8.0 FT Bed, 4-Speed Automatic Transmission, 5.9-Liter HO Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine:

With 3.73 Axle Ratio Axle Ratio [i] You Can Tow 14200 lbs
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) [i] = 11500 lbs
Payload [i] = 4855 lbs
Curb Weight [i] = 6645 lbs
Curb Weight Front/Rear = 3832 lbs/3832 lbs
GAWR Front/Rear [i] = 4750 lbs/9350 lbs
Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) [i] = 21000 lbs

With 4.10 Axle Ratio Axle Ratio [i] You Can Tow 16200 lbs
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) [i] = 11500 lbs
Payload [i] = 4855 lbs
Curb Weight [i] = 6645 lbs
Curb Weight Front/Rear = 3832 lbs/3832 lbs
GAWR Front/Rear [i] = 4750 lbs/9350 lbs
Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) [i] = 23000 lbs

May be an issue of he-said-she-said....

HTH

Tony
Old 05-27-2007, 05:41 PM

they are crazy. you tow to much? thats what they push off on these tv commercials how awesome these trucks tow and you actually use it. they are insane. did you try other dealers. I dont take mine to the closest dealer because my trk has gauges in it,because they assume its pulled and modded to the moon. BUT when I take it in the truck runs stock. I dont say anything to them about mods(not saying you did). maybe you can sue them and get a built trans if you wanted to keep the truck.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Banned

Yep, lawyer up. Get a copy of the Magnus Moses act, I think that's what it's called.. Call the Better Business Burea anthing public!! Call the local Tv station, radio, newspaper. This is BS to the FULLEST!!! We buy these trucks for work and the people making them part out the work to the cheapest laboor's possible and then don't want to fix them!!! ARRRRRR!! So frustrating reading this post and it ain't even my truck.. I tow 12000 lb daily maybe I shoulda bought a hemi!!!!

Make they're lives miserable... You shouldn't pay that money for a truck to loose a tranny at that low of miledge.. I on the other hand expect it.. I have hugh hp numbers planned so I am playing with fire... That is why I pretty much baby my truck. I don't romp on it (well except when I dynoed it). Other than that I am trying to make it last as long as possible so I can drop some coin on a bullet proof tranny.. I know if I had your troubles I would of parked it in their showroom blowing tranny fluid all over!!

Shane

Quick Reply: My warranty is gone