3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Merged - Park Recall / Reverse honk "feature"

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i still use the parking brake,scared not to, my truck slipped into reverse and took off across the yard and hit a tree
Old 04-10-2006, 07:46 PM

Where in the truck is the plug used to access the computer for this recall? I am to bring my truck to the dealer in the morning and I'd like to put a physical barrier to prevent this ridiculus "fix".
Old 04-12-2006, 05:37 PM

I've been hoping that this recall would for some reason only be for you guys south of the border. No such luck, my notice showed up in the mail yesterday, but it somehow fell into my shredder...............
Old 04-12-2006, 09:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
are we cutting the horn wires yet, or does it just unplug?

i need to crack the door to back out in the morning.

is it safer to have this feature, or to back out into traffic without being able to see behind me?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:34 PM

Question

i just got my truck back from the dealer, had a new steering gear box put in because the other one was leaking bad, anyway they did that recall to my truck even though i told them not to.

but it DOES NOT GO OFF WHEN I HAVE THE DOOR OPEN IN REVERSE! it will only go off if i sit there and mess with the gear selector and put in between R and P and leave it there.

did i get a different recall then everyone else?
Old 04-19-2006, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by BlackSheep5
i just got my truck back from the dealer, had a new steering gear box put in because the other one was leaking bad, anyway they did that recall to my truck even though i told them not to.

but it DOES NOT GO OFF WHEN I HAVE THE DOOR OPEN IN REVERSE! it will only go off if i sit there and mess with the gear selector and put in between R and P and leave it there.

did i get a different recall then everyone else?
Hey, maybe I over-reacted when I heard that it would beep, beep in reverse with the door open.

Maybe some other folks that got the recall can post and tell if they're flash for the recall didn't cause the horn to honk when door is open and truck is in reverse!!!!
Unless your flash is an upgrade over the original recall/flash.........because D.C. got a lot of complaints.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:40 PM

Service manager told me not to do it will drive you crazy service manager said it was for morons who do not know how to put their truck in Park. I haven't had any problem with putting my truck in Park so I think I will pass on this recall 041/2 3500 shorty
Old 04-19-2006, 10:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
mine honked prettty good....until i changed from TOW to PERF on the Bullydog download.

now it does not always do it...kinda squeels....dunno if that is better or what.

may go from Perf to TOw and back again..see if that erases it completely?
Old 04-24-2006, 06:45 PM

I got the flash on mine and was wondering why the horn was going off all the time when I go from D to R. Apperently the alarm has somthing to do with the shifter position?? I have never had it go off when I was trying to go to park. Just when flipping to Reverse quickly from drive while backing around. Havent tried backing up with door open though.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:56 PM

Ok, I went and got the kids from school and played with it. When I backed out of my spot I opened the door and nothing happened just idleing backwards, as soon as I gave it some gas the horn blew. Foot off the gas nothing hit the gas again horn blew. I did'nt back with gas long enough to see if it blew constantly or not. I could'nt get it to honk when shifting between drive and reverse quickly but it has happened to me before since the flash. I will try to pay more attention and see what happens.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:04 PM

Well I decided to read this thread only after my 05 decied to take a 100 yd trip across a parking lot! It managed to hit a fence, dumpster, and rest on a 10" I -beam. Dodge said they will look into sending out a investigating crew. I figure the $8000.00 should be paid by them. As others stated it was in park but seemed to jump out.

I thought maybe it was my fault. But if you put it in reverse, the truck moves fast enough that you can't even exit it! Has anyone taken any course against DC? This is simply stupid! If the I-beam didn't stop it, it would have blown through 4 lanes of heavy traffic! Maybe thats what needs to happen to end this!

Jeff
Old 04-24-2006, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 05 went in for a leaking front diff and the program crashed the Front Control Module sending my Ecm into never ending limp mode. Apparently, as per the service manager, it happens to 1 in 5 trucks with no explaination. New FCM is in route from Dallas and maybe I'll have my truck by this weekend if lucky!!

Rick
Old 04-26-2006, 12:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have my truck back!!!

After 5 days of driving various gassers I'm so happy that I could pee!!

Dealer was awesome and got me a rental to hold me over, (06 Dodge Dakota) . I stole my kids 454 3/4 ton chevy (8mpg), to tow my 7k lb. trailer to and from work, and now I have my hummin Cummins back!!! 16.7mpg sure beats 8 mpg especially with fuel prices sky high!

I'm just glad that my baby is home!! Time to hook the quad race box back up!!!

Rick
Old 04-26-2006, 11:02 PM

Took the truck in this afternoon for tranny and cooling system service and the dealer conducted the out of park recall without asking if I wanted it done . Nevertheless, it's not reverseable . He also said because it was a safety recall they are required to do if anytime a vehicle comes in that falls under the recall . I'm no service manager, but I have heard this before from other dealers/service depts (Audi) I use. Any ogf you guy in the know about this statement?
Old 04-26-2006, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by 01350banshee
Took the truck in this afternoon for tranny and cooling system service and the dealer conducted the out of park recall without asking if I wanted it done . Nevertheless, it's not reverseable . He also said because it was a safety recall they are required to do if anytime a vehicle comes in that falls under the recall . I'm no service manager, but I have heard this before from other dealers/service depts (Audi) I use. Any ogf you guy in the know about this statement?

Look on this subject more. I saw from a few people who said that they actually called Chrysler while thay were at the service dealer, and Chrysler said that the customer can ask NOT to have this recall done, and to be sure they mention it to the servicer's everytime they bring there truck in. Print it out, and show it to your service manager.

I for sure dont want this on my truck being I live in the city and my neighbors bedroom window is about 3 ft, from my driveway, and whenever I back some sort of trailer in, I always have the door open a bit to keep an eye on things.

If a mechanic did this surprise flash to my truck, I would'nt leave the place untill it was resolved, Like I said before about this subject, Its my truck, I make the paymets, and its my money to keep it serviced, If Chrysler wants to so call "fix" this problem, do it the right way, and not some B.S. way with a horn honk and flashing lights!!

I guess with this recall, Now you can listen to your horn honk, and watch you lights flash as your truck crashes into whatevers behind it....... THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST JOKES IVE SEEN AND HEARD ABOUT WITH THESE TRUCKS YET!!!

Quick Reply: Merged - Park Recall / Reverse honk "feature"