3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Manual Trans high idle

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rammtuff
not with the ebrake option.
huhhhh
Old 11-23-2005, 02:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Stateline, I think I read that I could turn it on with one of those. I really wanted the dealer to do it- I don't need the extra power (for now), don't want to give DC an excuse to void factory and extended warenty and, for now, money for mods is being dumped into the Jeep. But thanks for the info. You just never know.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by STATELINE
huhhhh
What?? Turn the ebrake on, and press the go pedal. It shuts off. Kinda defeats one of the purposes of the ebrake.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by rammtuff
What?? Turn the ebrake on, and press the go pedal. It shuts off. Kinda defeats one of the purposes of the ebrake.
oh, o.k. now I understand you were refering to the broomstick method. according to the bulletin from cummins, the cruise control method will work with the e brake on, it will just limit the rpm's to 1350 with the brake turned on
Old 11-23-2005, 08:07 PM

Can this be programed on an 03 six speed
Old 11-23-2005, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by rudy
Well, I have a 05 with a 6 speed in it, and when it is below 34 F it will idle up to a 1000 rpms untill the engine temp. is higher than the outside.
I bought my 05 in May and didn't think mine had that. I was pleasantly surprised two weeks ago. I've heard that it shuts down three cylinders to do this. Is this what's happening?

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:43 AM

oh, o.k. now I understand you were refering to the broomstick method. according to the bulletin from cummins, the cruise control method will work with the e brake on, it will just limit the rpm's to 1350 with the brake turned on

Exactly why I am hoping the reflash/clutch pedal switch etc will work on my '03.
1350 rpm would be more than enough.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:58 AM

No its not shutting down three cls.If I'm not mistaken that was something in etreme cold that was in the older 24 valves or a program to do such.I've never read a post of a 3g doing such.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:00 AM

Fax

Originally Posted by ajpulley
Hey everyone, I have submitted the fax to DTS for review and posting. I'm not sure where they will put it, but my hopes are that it will be available to everyone. Until then, feel free to call Cummins and ask them.
Has the fax been posted yet? If so where?
Old 11-25-2005, 05:02 PM

just taking a quick look at the bulletin it seems the switch just provides a ground to the ECM #22 pin, & when the clutch is depressed it breaks ground & it disables the high idle. I'm going to check this out today or tomorrow, I'll just check the #22 circuit to make sure it's open, then ground it & see if I can program the idle feature. will let you all know.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! IT WORKS!! IT WORKS!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!

toooooo cool!!!!! want high idle on your manual?? remove plug B on the PCM (the one toward the rear of engine) you have to disconnect the whole plug from the PCM, (there is a 4mm allen screw in the center) push the sealing plug out of #22, I used a paper clip (starting at to left,count across, there are 50 pins total, #22 is second in from left, third row down) you have to aquire a PCM connector pin somewhere (I have a tech friend that had an old harness lying around) make up a wire to go to a ground, then all you have to do is have it enabled, same as trucks with autos I didn't have to have mine enabled because this feature is built into the Bully Dog programming, so as soon as I connected the ground wire, I was able to use mine REAL SIMPLE MOD, took about 20 minutes counting making up the wire SSSWWWEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 07:51 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! IT WORKS!! IT WORKS!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!

toooooo cool!!!!! want high idle on your manual?? remove plug B on the PCM (the one toward the rear of engine) you have to disconnect the whole plug from the PCM, (there is a 4mm allen screw in the center) push the sealing plug out of #22, I used a paper clip (starting at to left,count across, there are 50 pins total, #22 is second in from left, third row down) you have to aquire a PCM connector pin somewhere (I have a tech friend that had an old harness lying around) make up a wire to go to a ground, then all you have to do is have it enabled, same as trucks with autos I didn't have to have mine enabled because this feature is built into the Bully Dog programming, so as soon as I connected the ground wire, I was able to use mine REAL SIMPLE MOD, took about 20 minutes counting making up the wire SSSWWWEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!
Cool. What RPM does it go to?
Old 11-25-2005, 09:45 PM

Stateline, would you mind sending me the sequence of commands/options that you do to get to that point in the ECM when you hook up your interface? I am getting irritated waiting for the dealer. I may find someone who has what it takes to interface with it and do it myself. And, someone metioned they need to contact STAR. Who is that?
Old 11-25-2005, 09:47 PM

Hey, by the way, I'm glad it worked for you!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by ajpulley
Stateline, would you mind sending me the sequence of commands/options that you do to get to that point in the ECM when you hook up your interface? I am getting irritated waiting for the dealer. I may find someone who has what it takes to interface with it and do it myself. And, someone metioned they need to contact STAR. Who is that?
aj, sorry, but I have no idea as far as the sequence as I didn't have to complete this part, I have the Bully Dog Downloader, & this option is built into its programming.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:25 AM

Any clue if it would work on 03s ???A year or so ago I talked briefly to a tech school instructor at a lunch spot.Mentioned high idle feature.He said it should not be to difficult to enable CRUISE to operate in neutral or park etc.Any thoughts on just this alone?????

Quick Reply: Manual Trans high idle