3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, Despair & Agony on me.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, Despair & Agony on me.....

Man! I just can't win with this truck!! I swear it is the devil truck!!

I got my replacement turbo (Thanks KingD) and got it all installed without a problem. I poured oil in it and spun the turbo for a good long time. Then I turned it over and did the same with it upside down.(I did this before installing it.)
I buttoned it all up and fired the truck up and all seemed well. I did not hear the noise my other turbo was making but I was going to take a test drive because the noise came on with more boost. I had one last look at everything before closing the hood and that's when I noticed that the Oil Feed Line was leaking oil badly right where the braided line meets the metal tubing elbow leading to the connection on the turbo.
Of course there is not one within hundreds of miles at any dealerships and it's Saturday so I'll be waiting a few days to get it. If anybody close has one laying around I'd love to borrow it until my new one comes in.......

The continues............
Old 02-16-2008, 12:00 PM

Anybody know how much pressure goes through that line? I'm thinking that I may be able to patch it with some rubber fuel line until I get the proper part....
Old 02-16-2008, 12:25 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Same as oil pressure......anywhere up to 80 psi probably. You can probably have a line made at any hydraulics place....NAPA, ect.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Banned

throw a match in the seat and let it burn...it doesnt like you

brett

Note: I am in no way condoning insurance fraud
Old 02-16-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
throw a match in the seat and let it burn...it doesnt like you

brett

Note: I am in no way condoning insurance fraud
"He doesnt' look jewish"....

Wood
Old 02-16-2008, 01:33 PM

Yup. This truck just hates me. I don't think we will be friends much longer....
I'll be driving the 6.0 Excursion for a couple days now.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:35 PM

I didn't know NAPA could make a line like that..... I was just there and the woman behind the counter was absolutely no help. She wouldn't even look anything up in the book. She just said "The only lines we have for you are brake lines"

I hate people......
Old 02-16-2008, 01:44 PM

Maybe NOT ALL NAPA's are made the same? My local NAPA makes up any kind of line you need right on the spot. They do not just STOCK the stock parts like some others. If you have a regular diesel repair/truck stop anywhere near, usually they make lines also. All you need are the right size push-lock fittings and hose -it's the same/like what is used in a bypass filter I believe? Doesn't HAVE to be braided, just rated for the pressure. Can you take your line apart and just replace the hose itself?

CD
Old 02-16-2008, 02:00 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I live out here in farm country, and our NAPA has REAL parts guys! GUYS! Sorry gals, but unless you are the exception to the rule, you usually can't cut it out here getting parts for trucks, tractors and the like! Look in the phone book yellow pages for hydraulics. Surely someone nearby could make the hose......even if they had to salvage your ends!
Old 02-16-2008, 02:10 PM

I might pull it off and take it to the other NAPA where the people seem to not hate their jobs.....
Saturday afternoon there's not going to be any hydraulic companies open. It's really no big deal to wait a couple days for the stock part. That Excursion is nice and has an auto trans...
Old 02-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vzdude
I live out here in farm country, and our NAPA has REAL parts guys! GUYS! Sorry gals, but unless you are the exception to the rule, you usually can't cut it out here getting parts for trucks, tractors and the like! Look in the phone book yellow pages for hydraulics. Surely someone nearby could make the hose......even if they had to salvage your ends!
the only reason a hen should be in a napa is if she has a broom in her hand and even then its a sacred place behind the counter. that is one company that should discriminate based on sex, sexual orientation and something else

brett
Old 02-16-2008, 03:19 PM

Location: NORTHWEST VERMONT WHERE THE MEN ARE MEN AND THE SHEEP RUN SCARED.
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
the only reason a hen should be in a napa is if she has a broom in her hand and even then its a sacred place behind the counter. that is one company that should discriminate based on sex, sexual orientation and something else

brett
AMEN BROTHER!
Old 02-16-2008, 03:26 PM

As I found out today......

The other store where I usually go has a female there too but she does know about vehicles and is very helpful...
Old 02-16-2008, 04:47 PM

So, are saying you wouldn't let Dannica Patrick work on your hose?????
Old 02-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GEJim
So, are saying you wouldn't let Dannica Patrick work on your hose?????
that was just inappropriate

brett

Quick Reply: If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, Despair & Agony on me.....