3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

I think I just got had on my 04.5 purchase, please help!!! Carrollton, TX

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes I do. First I need to wait and see if the insurance is going to pay to repair it or just buy the truck from me. I will be sure to let you know. And thanks for letting me know on a cost.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good luck with your truck and have a safe drive home.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you think if the ins. co. purchases the truck from you they will in turn go after the dealership? Just curious.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:01 PM

Well guys. I made it too Iowa!!! D2 cat, w/e amount the insurance company pays me, they will go after the dealer for full reimbursement!! he will get suspended from ebay until he pays them back also.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:03 PM

The dealership principles needs to be held accountable to inhibit them from the habit. It will also make it easier on future Ebay buyers when the likes of them are removed.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:38 PM

Yes he does need to be held accountable. And after I left feedback for him on Ebay, he is now trying to get Ebay to remove it. Below is the feedback I left for him and I don't think I was too harsh. As for him saying I threatened negative feedback, that is false and a lie. He has no proof of that at all and as for harrassing his employee's is another joke to add on about this dealer.

Here is what he had to say with Ebay:

Posted Feedback

Engine was blown!!! Title isn't clear and is salvaged!!! VERY POOR, beware!!!!!!

Posted By Date Posted Message
harwellmotors 3/31/2011 9:30:09 AM I feel the feedback left on this vehicle meets your guidelines for removal. Please review this comment. Feedback Engine was blown!!! Title isn't clear and is salvaged!!! VERY POOR, beware!!!!!! Buyer: Member id sledjunky66 ( Feedback Score Of 53 ) Mar-29-11 16:34 Reply by harwellmotors (Mar-30-11 08:16): None of this is true. Ebay is handling this Now. Inspected truck refused Refund Follow-up by sledjunky66 (Mar-30-11 09:36): More lies!! Texas Dealer Enforcement is now handleing this & Attorney General.. The customer Joe Stevenson purchased the 2004 Dodge 2500 truck from us. There is sufficient evidence to prove the transaction-related information contained in the feedback comment he left us is factually inaccurate. The buyer states in the feedback that the engine was blown and title is salvage. This is a false statement. I have a clear title in hand for this vehicle and eBay is showing an “OK” on the title check section of the Vehicle History Report generated by Autocheck in the listings. Also, the engine was not blown. The truck was running and the engine in good condition before they left the dealership. This customer is asking for $6500 back on his $8500 purchase because he believes I bought the truck for $2500. We did not pay $2500. I’ve tried to deal with this customer amicably and have even offered him a full refund for the vehicle. He has declined. I cannot give a refund of approximately 80% back to this customer; this is not feasible in the business world. I also feel a good faith effort was not made on behalf of the buyer. We do our best to have all vehicles inspected, and answer any question our customers have on all our vehicles. As you know, eBay strongly recommends an inspection be preformed prior to a purchase. We strongly suggest that our customers have the vehicle inspected before purchasing and leaving our facility. This customer has paid and has taken possession of the vehicle. He had the opportunity to inspect it and pay for an independent inspector to take a look at this vehicle prior to taking possession of it. If the customer had done more due diligence in their purchase by ordering such inspection, any issues he might have had would have been addressed and taken care of at that time. This customer threatened us numerous times with negative Feedback. He called and harassed everyone in my office along. We work very hard to keep our customers happy and feel we’ve done everything we can for this customer. We don’t feel the feedback left on our profile is fairly deserved, and based on the feedback removal guidelines that NetNeutrals and eBay have in place, we believe this feedback comments is eligible for removal. Please review and help us with this feedback. To recap, he was offered a full refund over 20 times and refused and wants almost 80% back of the purchase price. He has now left me negative Feedback and has stated false statements in this feedback and this can be confirmed by Autocheck and the state title. I’m more than willing to make this right with my customer but I cannot give a refund of 80%, Thank you for looking in to this and I look forward to your response.

NEUTRAL 3/31/2011 3:43:31 PM Hello my name is Chris. I'm the Neutral assigned to this case. harwellmotors is requesting this matter be Sent For Review under Independent Feedback Review. Each of you has the opportunity to post your position on why the feedback comment in dispute DOES or DOES NOT meet eBay's guidelines for rating withdrawal. I will post the guidelines below. Each of you has until 11:00 pm CDT on Wednesday, April 6 to post your position. All information must be posted in the forum; the process is on-line only. Once the deadline has passed the case will be reviewed and a decision will be posted here, usually within 24 hrs. You will be notified by email when the decision is posted.

NEUTRAL 3/31/2011 3:43:45 PM The Guidelines for Rating Withdrawal are as follows: Feedback will be withdrawn if the Neutral determines that the member who seeks Feedback removal has clearly and convincingly established facts which demonstrate one or more of the following guidelines: 1. The member leaving the feedback did not demonstrate a good faith effort to complete the transaction. 2. The feedback was not submitted in a reasonable timeframe. 3. There is evidence that suggests the transaction-related information contained in the feedback comment is factually inaccurate. 4. The member leaving the feedback made an attempt to extract excessive value from the other party.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:21 PM

HERE IS MY REPLY TO THE FEEDBACK REMOVAL REQUEST!

sledjunky66 4/1/2011 1:20:13 PM Hi Chris. I am glad that you have joined, it will be my pleasure to fax or email you any information that you need to help in this matter. I can give you copies of the Consumer Complaints that will be filed with the State of Texas department of Dealer Enforcement and also with the Texas Attorney General's office and other appropriate office's to handle this matter! Also I can provide proof from Ebay's VPP Insurance company that the dealer was un-willing to work with me also, unlike what he states below! I can also fax you copies of the paperwork that I was given for the truck after I drove 18 hours straight to Texas to the dealership to get the title from them as they wouldn't give it to my sister and brother-in-law the day before that picked the truck up for me and I was rest assured by Donnie the Manager that the title and paper work was all ready to go for them when they would arrive to get the truck. As soon as I got word they didn't have the paper work ready I was on the road for Texas. The title will show that the title isn't clear on this vehicle like stated in the auction it was and also that it has more than 1 owner like they state. Also the truck was purchased from a Salvage yard and this wasn't disclosed to me at any point. I found this out after investigating the trucks history. The truck was sold to a junk yard for parts and then the junk yard sold it to the dealer. And under Texas Law this is supposed to be disclosed and it wasn't. On a phone conversation with John the owner of Harwell Motor Company he disclosed to me that he buys all his dodge diesels from a friend that owns a junk yard and he repairs the dodges and then sells them. I have facts and documents to go along with everything I am saying. So my feedback is more than fair to my experience with this dealer. So please tell me what you need Chris from me to get to you to provide that my info stated in my feedback is Factual and I will get it for you! I will even fax you a copy of the title front and back and the paper work that the dealer gave me showing that it isn't a clear title. I can provide proof that the engine was blown before I bought the truck also and even before the truck left Harwell Motor Companys car lot. As for the purchase price of the truck of $2500.00 dollars. That is what Harwell Motor Company has on the front of the title and if that isn't what they paid for the truck, then they are illegally bypassing sales tax that is owed to the State of Texas! So let's say they actually bought the truck for $4,000 and are now saying to the State of Texas they bought it for $2,500 like they have on the title they are paying less to the state then they really owe, which is illegal and that the Dealer Enforcement will be made aware of this. As the title says one thing and the dealer is stating another, so which part of what the dealer did is true? Now as for wanting to do due diligence on the truck, I tried and the dealer wouldn't give me the info I needed to get the history on the truck from the previous owner. Now as for this supposed threatening of negative feedback is another lie of this dealer. What proof does he have? He will have no proof to back that up as it is another lie. I will be glad to forward any and all emails with this dealer and you will see that I have tried and tried to work with this dealer and he just casually avoid my questions in all my emails. If you do a google search for Harwell Motor Company you will see other similar experiances that individuals have had with this dealer and posted in forums to let other potential buyers know about there dealings with this dealer. Also another person has posted a negative feedback in there feedback on ebay with a similar experiance with them. Before I purchased the truck I was told by John the owner that the tires were 65-70% tread left. Then I found out the rear tires were bold and so I asked about what we could do about that since I was told one thing and they were actually another, John flat out told me tough luck. The price on the truck is already low to move the truck and they were un-willing to work with me on getting 2 tires for the truck. As for him offering me a full refund, I never re-jected it. He gave me a deadline and at that point the offer would be off the table and that time has passed. And also he told Ebay's VPP insurance that he was un-willing to buy the truck back or even work with me anymore. So it wasn't that I didn't accept it, he took the offer back. And I have proof for this also! As for checking the title with Autocheck. Well that is a 3rd party company and don't take legal recourse that there info is fully correct. I can provide you with documentation from the State of Iowa and State of Texas and State of Oklahoma on the current status of the title and also a paper trail of this truck and its ownership and so forth. Thanks for your time Chris! I can't wait to hear back. Joe
Old 04-01-2011, 01:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 1-2-3
This positive air and fuel charge has to be used up before the engine can go back to idle.

Sorry to jump in here, but this is simply wrong and needs to be corrected, lest bad information or myth persist.

Diesels are governed by fuel, not air. It is absolutely NOT the case that the air and fuel charge has to be used up to go back to idle.

When you lift the throttle, the computer will shut off the injectors. This shuts off the fuel and the engine should instantly return to idle (accounting for flywheel mass, etc).
Old 04-01-2011, 01:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by elirandolph
A bad injector shouldn't cause excessive blow by. I would bet that you have a broken ring or a washed out cylinder. Never heard of the turbo seal causing blowby.

Turbo seals can cause blowby problems. If the internal oil seal is bad, the boost pressure will let air push through the bearing housing and into the crankcase through the turbo's oil drain tube.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:15 PM

I must be missing something. If they're sincere that they still want to buy the truck back from you for what you paid (and now that appears to be in writing), why don't you do it? Take the money and run ...

ON EDIT: Sorry, just now saw the fact that you never rejected their offer. Still, find out if that's still on the table and TAKE IT!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:23 PM

Sounds like that dealer is gonna be in for a rough ride.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:25 PM

NJMurvin----Yes there are somethings you are missing in the matter. The dealer wasn't sincere. They need to be held accountable for what they have done to me and also others in the past and what they would have done to someone in the future (possibly). Also they said they would only initate a refund with a bank wire transfer after I gave them the truck and keys and title. So what gaurentee I would get my money when they haven't been to honest?
Old 04-01-2011, 02:29 PM

The dealer took the offer off the table on Monday this week @ 12 noon and also told Ebay's VPP insurance agent that it was off the table and that they wanted nothing to do with me.

Yes this dealer is in for a rough ride with fines over $100,000 and getting kicked off Ebay and having to reimburse the insurance company what they pay me and also Loose there dealer license. And then probably get investigated by the State of Texas for every year since they have been in business for sales tax evasion on every vehicle they have bought and sold and w/e else they find against them. Including forging the signature of the original owner of the truck on the title on paperwork to remove names off the title.

So the original title and paperwork I have is pretty important to the case against this dealer.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:48 PM

I would not back up keep pushing make a example out of him.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:54 PM

Would you guys really take the money and run and let this dealer do it again and again to another dodge diesel fanatic?? Possibly another person on this wonderful site.

Quick Reply: I think I just got had on my 04.5 purchase, please help!!! Carrollton, TX