3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

?how much for after market gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?how much for after market gauges?

hey guys how much should i expect to pay for gauges
Old 01-29-2009, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To install them? I have no idea.

Just to buy them? Go to Summit or Jegs.com and get the prices.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:19 PM

Your lookin' at a couple hundred bucks pretty easy for three gauges and the pillar pod.....Thats just parts, I have no clue how much it would cost to have them installed. I don't think the install is that hard just a little time consuming.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 PM

I got mine from FTEDiesel and I think i spent under 400.00 for Boost/trans/pyro with a piller mount and harness. Installed myself. If you wired the stereo in your sig. you can do gauges!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:12 PM

I recently installed ISSPRO's from Diesel Manor for just under $300 shipped. They are the 2 gauge kit with the A-pillar pod and everything needed to install and come with instructions that are probably better than any instructions I've ever seen.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:36 PM

hi
you may want to look at glowshift.com , i have one of the tran temp gauges and like it .white face 7 color light
Old 01-30-2009, 06:53 PM

I am thinking the Scout from quadzilla is looking a whole lot simpler than installing analog gauges. I think the price for the Scout would be a lot less than gages if paying for the installation. From what I have read about the Scout, plug'n'play...
Old 01-30-2009, 06:59 PM

Vulcan Performance has a pretty good deal on Isspro guages. Fuel pressure, boost, egt, and the mount for about $300.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:14 AM

Go GlowShift

Originally Posted by oldblues
hi
you may want to look at glowshift.com , i have one of the tran temp gauges and like it .white face 7 color light
I second the GlowShift Gauges. Half the cost of most of the other gauges out there. Someone poopooed the low cost of them many months ago. So last July I decided to undertake my own "test". I have had the trans , EGT, and 30 PSI fuel pressure gauges on for over 12,000 miles now with no issues. They read spot on with the normal operating readings I have seen posted in various threads. For example, Fuel Pressure is right at 8 PSI on a new filter and at idle EGT is at 300'F or so.

The only drawbacks are: the wiring harnesses are very short about 12 inches, not sure if that is the norm or not for gauges as this is my first set. And the brightness is not dim able. However, on the 7 color gauges, for night time the gauge color can be changed to red numerals; so not that big an issue, at least for me.

Also, I chose the tinted black face tinted gauges. They were hard to read in the daytime due to glare until I mounted them in a pod over the mirror. So I recommend the white face gauges. if not mounted in a well shaded area.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:21 AM

To me, there is only one name in gauges. They are the dominant force in NHRA, NASCAR, etc.
I've installed their American made gauges for 2 decades now.

They are Autometer.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:38 AM

I now have auto meter phantom gauges and really like them. They came from xtreme diesel performance. Two gauge boost, egt with pillar mount-$265.00, Three gauge boost, egt, tran. temp with pillar mount-$317.00. Also, the color on the pillar mount matches perfect. I just noticed you had a 6 speed so you could trade the tran. temp gauge for a fuel pressure gauge also.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:08 PM

I recently installed ISSPRO's from Diesel Manor for just under $300 shipped. They are the 2 gauge kit with the A-pillar pod and everything needed to install and come with instructions that are probably better than any instructions I've ever seen.
I second MoparNut, Diesel Manor has some good prices, kits come with great instructions with color pictures showing how to install them and all the necessary wiring and connectors. Also I have found the ISSPro gauges come the closest to matching the factory gauges.

Just my $0.02
Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 PM

thanks guys i think i am going with the fuel pressure for now with the factory rt gage pod from dodge. i am a little worried about the lift pump.I keep getting this darn engine light ,its driving me crazy. No one can figure out what is the deal .It is a fuel delivery code but the truck runs like a champ! I have tryed the module on the side of the high pressure pump,the rail pressure sensor ,but those two things did nothing.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by zking
thanks guys i think i am going with the fuel pressure for now with the factory rt gage pod from dodge. i am a little worried about the lift pump.I keep getting this darn engine light ,its driving me crazy. No one can figure out what is the deal .It is a fuel delivery code but the truck runs like a champ! I have tryed the module on the side of the high pressure pump,the rail pressure sensor ,but those two things did nothing.
Turn your key 3 times to the on position without starting the truck and read the code that displays where the odometer is. We should be able to figure it out by the code.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:03 AM

FWIW, here is what Im running on my 05.
The boost, EGT I got from a local diesel shop.
The FP, isolator and tranny gauge and mounts came from here
http://www.kensperformancesolutions.com/home.html

Quick Reply: ?how much for after market gauges?