3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

HELP WIRING in engine bay problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP WIRING in engine bay problem

I have removed the wiring from the plow and salter previous owner had. there was a box (isolation control box?) had 3 plugs ports. 1 from wiring harness other 2 plow/salter plugs well 1 found 1 that box plugged into and plugged that back in the other had fuse plugged into it and had a cover but 1 I cant find anywhere to plug it into. they are mainly solid green wires some have printing on them low hi with numbers. Please help I had an electrical problem causing hiccups and missing mainly when cold. I replaced my crank sensor previously didn't help. replaced both batteries that didn't help so I am doing the cam sensor as well. my water pump failed and kicked the belt off so I am replacing that as well thought I would clean up the engine bay of wiring while I was at it. Thank you for any input ill check regularly for feedback and answer any questions to help me figure this out
Old 11-25-2013, 07:04 AM

ok so I found out what it was it was for headlights so I just plugged back in the isolator box and lights are back on I also to care of the "miss" or hiccup Im guessing either the cam sensor or getting rid of the excess wiring in engine bay.

Now though it starts and runs fine has a real faint stutter but not bad but it is lacking power by a lot its like no matter how much pedal its the same acceleration. CEL is still on and I am getting codes P2509 still ECM PCM power input signal intermittent. P0193 (new one) fuel pressure sensor too high. P0514 still battery temp sensor rationality not a big deal I feel. P0016 crankshaft camshaft misalignment bank 1 sensor 1.
My question the wires on cam shaft sensor I taped cause they were cracked as well as crank sensor wires. would that be my possible problem? and also power wire from passenger battery to alternator is hanging by a thread at battery connection. Possible ecm/pcm P2509 problem?

please help any and all input appreciated Thank you
Old 11-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jaconst
ok so I found out what it was it was for headlights so I just plugged back in the isolator box and lights are back on I also to care of the "miss" or hiccup Im guessing either the cam sensor or getting rid of the excess wiring in engine bay.

Now though it starts and runs fine has a real faint stutter but not bad but it is lacking power by a lot its like no matter how much pedal its the same acceleration. CEL is still on and I am getting codes P2509 still ECM PCM power input signal intermittent. P0193 (new one) fuel pressure sensor too high. P0514 still battery temp sensor rationality not a big deal I feel. P0016 crankshaft camshaft misalignment bank 1 sensor 1.
My question the wires on cam shaft sensor I taped cause they were cracked as well as crank sensor wires. would that be my possible problem? and also power wire from passenger battery to alternator is hanging by a thread at battery connection. Possible ecm/pcm P2509 problem?

please help any and all input appreciated Thank you
I would first clean all connections on the batteries, alt, and any other wires you can see. Make repairs with the correct size wire as well. After that, get the batteries tested (make sure they are isolated from each other!) because a weak battery (ies) in these trucks can cause lots of crazy things to happen.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:57 PM

Batteries are brand NEW I will clean all connections ect. SOMETHING NEW HAPPENED TONIGHT. I started my truck warmed up a little but its been plugged in went to the store 2-3 miles away left truck running while I went in. came out truck was off wouldn't start right away. cycled it off turned on wait to start and it started but idles really high idle up down up down even raced to 3500 rpms quit started truck again. headed home driving left foot brake and didn't have to use fuel pedal much as it was higher rpms. a couple times when I would give pedal it would accelerate like it used to. got home put it in park idled high motor raced shut it down. checked for codes now I only have 3 codes P2509 P0016 and P0514 so I don't know ANY IDEAS?
Old 11-26-2013, 05:09 PM

Could this be an APPS problem. When my APPS failed every now and then it would just floor on me for a few seconds. Sometimes it would go into limp mode and then return to normal after shutting it off. Would drive normal for an unknown amount of time before going crazy again. I replaced my APPS with the Timbo APPs and have had no trouble. Not sure if yours could be at APPS failing but is was kinda the same symptoms I had.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:28 PM

I was kind of thinking APPS myself. it did it again today real bad 3500 rpms was all over the place. tonight im going to remove the banks system and check all sensor connections and try and repair the sensor wires(crank & cam) clean them and repair with some liquid electrical tape. see what happens
Old 11-27-2013, 04:21 PM

figured it out!!! it WAS the banks ottomind programmer the wires were frayed for the connectors at the cam/crank shaft sensors disconnected it runs perfect NO MORE CEL. duh I should of known