3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Elusive 1-2 shift problem, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve-l
This is just a suggestion, but when I bought my truck new, I suffered intermittent crank sensor codes. I fought the fault for a year without finding the cause. In frustration, I took the truck to Bosch and asked them to look at it. I got a call in the afternoon of that day and they stated that they discovered the problem and I could pick up the truck.

When I got there, I asked the mechanic what he found and he said that when the cable was manufactured that the crank sensor plugs into to, one pin was crimped over the wire insulation on one wire and the connection was intermittent. He soldered the wire and it has been fine since. Although my crank sensor has nothing to do with your problem, the solution may be similar. After all, you have changed or checked all the major assemblies concerned at both ends of the cable, why not the cable?
you know what Steve funny I was just going to try that. I just bought some overalls today and I'm going to spend tomorrow morning under the truck checking all the wiring and I bought some contact cleaner and an Ohm meter....

thanks for the reply Steve I appreciate the time you put into it. yeah after scouring the internet over hundreds of threads it's pretty much the only thing left so that's what I plan to do thanks for your help bud! !! it's an excellent idea