3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Dtc 1755, 2146, 2149

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dtc 1755, 2146, 2149

After getting this codes and having my truck run like crap, no shifting until 2500rpm, skipping gear, shudder, I went ahead and did the research online. So far I have replaced the TTVA, new Borger solenoid and sensor, adjusted the bands, new tranny fluid, new Mag- Hytec DD pan. Tried to clear the codes but won't go away. Truck still runs like crap. Next I'm looking into replacing the Valve cover gasket and probably the injectors and ECM, according to what I read on this subject. Pretty expensive and can't do it anytime soon. Is there anybody else out there with this issue and what was your fix if already dealt with it? Do I rally have to get into injectors and ECM and if so what is a good brand and who's selling them? Any advice, suggestion and experience sharing is much appreciated. Thank you and wish the best for you and your truck.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:35 PM

Code 1755 didnt come up on my list
Code P2146 Fuel Injector Group 1 Supply Voltage Circ
Code P2149 Fuel Injector Group 2 Supply Voltage Circ

Sounds like an electrical issue to me, not an injector issue.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:19 PM

Yeah, it probably is an electrical problem, at least I hope so. I purchased the valve cover gasket and I hope this will fix the problem. DTC 1755 is for transmission throttle valve actuator, that's what Smarty shows. I've already put in a new one with no luck. I'll post the outcome after I install the gasket. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:46 PM

So today I've replaced the valve cover gasket. The one that went in is a Dorman brand, and to my surprise it was made in China, I should've figured this even though is not mentioned online. I bought it on Amazon for almost $110. I will not buy another Dorman gasket or product again because the quality of the product is bad and they are made in China, I hate Made in China. It has a crack in the rubber and is worn out in a couple of places. It was listed as new. Anyways, I used it because I had to get this job done and I will buy another one this time the right one. After replacement DTC P2146 and P2149 disappeared but P1755 (transmission throttle valve control circuit) is still there. I dug the Internet a little more and I found something on Sonnax.com about "The distance between the bracket and the inside edge of the adjustment bolt head should be .905". A shorter distance will not allow the TV shaft to travel far enough to satisfy calibration parameters" and so on. I will give it a try next weekend. Somehow I will find the culprit for this DTC P1755 and I will post the solution so others will find it easier to deal with it. Unfortunately there is not a whole lot of useful, direct information out there for this dtc.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:06 PM

P1755 still showing!

Today I went over everything I've done so far in order to determine what's causing dtc p1755. I've checked the wiring and connection as best I could, took of and reinstalled the new ttva, opened the transmission pan, checked inside, readjusted the rear band by the book, put everything back together except the fluid, then I proceeded with readjusting the forward band and that's where I found a problem: after opening the locknut I've started to torque the adjusting screw to 72 inch-lbs but it went in all the way without getting tight at all, and I mean it went in a lot. I knew something was wrong but I put it back the way I found it, put the fluid back in and proceeded to a short test drive, about 1/8 of a mile. Nothing has changed with the code and high rpm to 2500 before shifting into the next gear but this time something else happened, I can't put it in the reverse anymore let alone park so I had to park it over night with the keys in the ignition and the batteries disconnected. Anybody heard of this before?
Old 08-18-2013, 11:22 AM

The strut from the front band was on top of the valve body. I've put everything back together and torqued both bands to specifications. Now it shifts thru all the gears fine but I still have the P1755 showing and high 2500rpm from 1st to 2nd gear.