3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Cenpeco Oil

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cenpeco Oil

Anyone familiar the Cenpeco line of oils and fluids? We used to use this on the farm, but I haven't heard much about it, lately.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:44 PM

We use Cenpeco in all our tractors, etc, on the farm, including the reefer unit mounted on our barn for our cooler room. Always gotten along great with it and never had any problems. It meets Cummins specs as well for my 600.

I used it when I changed my oil at 12000 miles right before I headed to western Iowa to pick up some calves. The previous two oil changes had virtually no shrink to them from when I changed oil til when I drained it, but after getting back from Iowa (1300 miles round trip) I checked it and it was down maybe a 1/4-3/8 of an inch from the top line. I supposed it could be that I didn't have it quite full, but I measured out 11 quarts and 1 in the filter, ran it, let it sit for a while, and checked it again and it was at the top of the dipstick. Always thought Cenpeco stuff was top of the line, but appears I have had some oil shrink with this oil, whereas I had none with the factory fill and the Rosmella I used for the first change. I did work the crap out of it on that trip though...but the Rotella had a trip almost exactly like it too...?

Runs fine and all, getting good mileage, just some observations. Think I am going Delvac 1 on next change as I will be at 20K miles, and it will be real real cold here.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:24 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I just put Cenpeco's synthetic gear lube in the front and rear differentials. I'm very strongly considering their 15w-40 for my next oil change. We always had good luck with the stuff in the farm equipment. I currently use Rotella (we've used this for years in the big trucks), but I've been told that their are a lot of internal political issues with Shell/Texaco that may be affecting the quality of this oil. Possibly today's Rotella is not the same Rotella that we bought a year ago or 15 years ago. Who knows?!