3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Aggravated cummins owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aggravated cummins owner

Got a 05 5.9 h/o 5.9 cummins. Engine was rebuilt when I bought truck at 144k, due to the upper ring busting in #6 cylinder. They rebuilt engine and put a sleeve in the # 6 hole. I have 251k on truck now. Blowing oil out by pass tube. When you first crank it it runs a slight bit ruff at the beginning like something is on piston and blows blue smoke out exhaust afterwards you can't tell of any problems other than oil consumption. About a quart every two hours at 70 mph. Did notice a little antifreeze on block under head about middle on driver's side the other day and a little antifreeze is missing at times. It seems to run good though and still has power. I took filter off top of valve cover to make sure it wasn't stopped up and it was fine. Pulled oil fill cap off and it would lift it some and it gets a little extra pressure on occasion. I'm so aggravated I can scream! Thought cummins were better than this. My 95 was a beast! Suggestions please!

Last edited by Stanley Russell; 06-10-2017 at 02:28 AM. Reason: I have also ran Mobil one oil filters on it the entire time not fram.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stanley Russell Got a 05 5.9 h/o 5.9 cummins. Engine was rebuilt when I bought truck at 144k, due to the upper ring busting in #6 cylinder. They rebuilt engine and put a sleeve in the # 6 hole. I have 251k on truck now. Blowing oil out by pass tube. When you first crank it it runs a slight bit ruff at the beginning like something is on piston and blows blue smoke out exhaust afterwards you can't tell of any problems other than oil consumption. About a quart every two hours at 70 mph. Did notice a little antifreeze on block under head about middle on driver's side the other day and a little antifreeze is missing at times. It seems to run good though and still has power. I took filter off top of valve cover to make sure it wasn't stopped up and it was fine. Pulled oil fill cap off and it would lift it some and it gets a little extra pressure on occasion. I'm so aggravated I can scream! Thought cummins were better than this. My 95 was a beast! Suggestions please!
Old 06-10-2017, 08:47 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Stanley Russell
Got a 05 5.9 h/o 5.9 cummins. Engine was rebuilt when I bought truck at 144k, due to the upper ring busting in #6 cylinder. They rebuilt engine and put a sleeve in the # 6 hole. I have 251k on truck now. Blowing oil out by pass tube. When you first crank it it runs a slight bit ruff at the beginning like something is on piston and blows blue smoke out exhaust afterwards you can't tell of any problems other than oil consumption. About a quart every two hours at 70 mph. Did notice a little antifreeze on block under head about middle on driver's side the other day and a little antifreeze is missing at times. It seems to run good though and still has power. I took filter off top of valve cover to make sure it wasn't stopped up and it was fine. Pulled oil fill cap off and it would lift it some and it gets a little extra pressure on occasion. I'm so aggravated I can scream! Thought cummins were better than this. My 95 was a beast! Suggestions please!
buy a ford!