3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

70mph Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Vib

Originally posted by dosugly
Showed my dealer, (Bosco Dodge of Ct) driveshaft part #'s listed in this forum.
Amazingly, they have ordered new aluminums and seem genuine in thier efforts to fix my truck. Keep ya,s posted.
Great Keep us posted.. It sure fixed mine.

Chris
Old 11-28-2004, 10:16 PM

my truck has had the vibe since day one. usually came in at about 75 mph, around 2150 - 2250 rpms and then would stop after that. got some 315's for it and the truck vibes around 85 mph. guess the only difference is the taller tire. dont usually drive at 85 but when i do it is still annoying. hope i can get the dealer to fix it
Old 11-30-2004, 07:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Routerguy99,

Yes I can post the Part Numbers in Talk to Dave in there service Dept. or Dennise they seem to have there sh*t togaher. Also they painted it Black or it came in Black, one or the other, Becouse of the salt and alum. I didnt get it, but hey I have 2 new shafts Alum. and no Vides.

Front and Rear.. Dont know which is which
Part Numbers # 52853185ac
part number # 52105934ae
There is a friendly lady on dieselram.com that works for a dealer. She and her DC rep looked up your part numbers . . . here's what they reported back:

Hi! Well, my DC "friend" was here and gone, and after some investigation, we determined that the 52105934ae is listed for the trucks with the auto trans as what it comes equipped with, and it hasn't been superceded. When one looks up a driveshaft for an '04/'05 2500/3500 5.9 SO or HO, the part #52105934AE is listed for engine sales code ETO, which, according to our sales dept. , is not a valid sales code. So when a parts person would look up a replacement driveshaft for the truck, they wouldn't come up with that part number. If I had the VIN from the truck of the guy who had the shafts replaced, I could verify under what circumstances he got those part #'s installed...

Could you please either post or PM me your VIN# so she can research what was done to your truck and how your dealer was able to accomplish it?

Thanks,
Neil
Old 12-01-2004, 02:41 PM

Originally posted by NJMurvin
Hey Routerguy99,

There is a friendly lady on dieselram.com that works for a dealer. She and her DC rep looked up your part numbers . . . here's what they reported back:

Hi! Well, my DC "friend" was here and gone, and after some investigation, we determined that the 52105934ae is listed for the trucks with the auto trans as what it comes equipped with, and it hasn't been superceded. When one looks up a driveshaft for an '04/'05 2500/3500 5.9 SO or HO, the part #52105934AE is listed for engine sales code ETO, which, according to our sales dept. , is not a valid sales code. So when a parts person would look up a replacement driveshaft for the truck, they wouldn't come up with that part number. If I had the VIN from the truck of the guy who had the shafts replaced, I could verify under what circumstances he got those part #'s installed...

Could you please either post or PM me your VIN# so she can research what was done to your truck and how your dealer was able to accomplish it?

Thanks,
Neil
ALl I know is that this truck works with no Vibe, and these are the part number s that they put in my truck, My truck is an 03..
Old 12-01-2004, 05:30 PM

Routerguy99,

ALl I know is that this truck works with no Vibe, and these are the part number s that they put in my truck, My truck is an 03..
Sooooooo, does that mean you're not willing to share your VIN#? Apparently, using your VIN#, she can use her computer to verify all the part numbers and see what dealer notes were on the repair. It might lead to a strategy the rest of us can use to get rid of this dreaded vibe. PM it to me if you don't want it on this board.

Thanks,
Neil
Old 12-01-2004, 07:15 PM

Here's eight part numbers just for the rear and that's not all of them just for the steel shaft. Mine's (was mine, gone but not forgotten) not on the list. I bet there's at least 16 part numbers for the rear shaft alone. Just the steel ones.

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2004/03-004-04.htm
Old 12-02-2004, 12:18 AM

Is it bad to post VIIn #, I here so many stories about that. but I will PM you on 12-2 with the info..
Old 12-02-2004, 07:28 AM

Picked up my new 05 quad cab 48re short bed last night (almost 3 months to the day from ordering). Had test driven last week looking for vibe. Results: truck runs perfectly- not even a hint of a vibration. Very satisfied. (and relieved)
Old 12-02-2004, 08:37 AM

Vib

Does the vibration happen on the HO trucks also? I heard they have the larger rear end.

(future buyer...hopefully)
Old 12-02-2004, 10:44 AM

Is it bad to post VIIn #, I here so many stories about that. but I will PM you on 12-2 with the info..
I can't think of any reason why . . . unless it's linked to your SSN and your secret Swiss bank account numbers

I'll be looking for it and will pass it along privately to the dealer lady.

Thanks,
Neil
Old 12-02-2004, 04:40 PM

That or someone takes your VIN to the dealership and says he lost his keys so they make him a key by the VIN code and he comes back and drives your truck away in the middle of the night. Or day...
Old 12-02-2004, 06:11 PM

That or someone takes your VIN to the dealership and says he lost his keys so they make him a key by the VIN code and he comes back and drives your truck away in the middle of the night. Or day...
Sounds like that dealer would soon be buying me a new truck. I think they might require just a tad more than a VIN# to provide a new key.

Wait a minute, we're talking DC here . . . never mind.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:14 PM

New drives should arrive soon, in the meanwhile a note or two.
First I understand thier are no available aluminum driveshafts. Do a magnet test on the 05's and you,ll see what I mean.
Talked with Autoplex today for verification of above and they concurred. These new shafts are ,however, extremly light. 25lbs up front and 34 in the rear. According to much research; carbon, aluminum or even lighter composites of steel will not only signifigantly reduce vibration but they will allow more transferred horsepower and torque. Was wondering where that extra torque came from in the 05,s. This is not nonsense, check out any site pertaining to
composite shafts and or racing.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:24 PM

Slither on over to my gallery and cast your little beedy bloodshot peepers on the pic I took of an '05's driveshaft with the weight and damper dangling from it. Steel rusts pretty soon after the truck is born into this cruel and unforgiving world. I don't see no rust on the drive shaft of this '05 HO/48RE. Me thinks it's aluminum but what do I know...
Folks tell me the stainless exhaust has a huge bulge in it by the tranny cause there's a "cat" in there. My '03 didn't have one of those. My Hemi has two of them staggered side by side before the collector as if one isn't expensive enough.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:27 AM

put a magnet on the 05 and let me know if it sticks, put a magnet on your new shafts and let me know if it sticks I tried the o5.s and the magnet stuck. My new shaft for the rear is in and it is a steel and the magnet also sticks. So if the mag is sticking to everything where is the aluminum?

Quick Reply: 70mph Vibration